MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sup peeps,

I have some questions about modeling in Milk Shape 3D. Ive just started to actually try to make a model (which I never did before).

1) Do you have to use the Half Life bones or do I have to create my own?

2) I know this might sound like a stupid question but, am I supposed to place the model on top of the bones? just about every screenshot I see of someones model, I dont see the bones.

3) Do I have to make the animations for whatever model I make? (like if I made a new char, completely new, like a model of the Gman, that replaces Goku or someone)

4) How can I make models move their mouths like in Half-Life or it isnt compatible in ESF?

Well those are pretty much it, ive never made a model for any game since it seems complicated but now im willing on trying.

*edit
I know theres a stickie that has tutorials but they dont anwser my questions.

=/\/\C

Best answers
1) You can make your own, or you can use already created bones by modelling over them (after deleting the models they were previous attached to)

2) There's an option that lets you toggle bones on and off in Milkshape. I think it's possible to have the bones OUTSIDE the model and still animate them, but I wouldn't try it.

3) It's more advisable. You can use pre-made animations, but you have to have the EXACT SAME bone names, with no others. If you use Goku anims for a model with tail bones, the bones will only move according to orientation of the other bones.

4) I'm not too sure. I think it's bones that make the mouth move independantly.

Hope that helps.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, I got another question.

In any of the other view windows, besides the 3d view, how can I scroll around?

=/\/\C

Best answers
Ctrl+left-click for panning

Shift+left-click for zoom (becareful with select on, though)

Best answers
Hmm, the last question in your first question is kinda hard to do with bones, it's called "facial animations", and if you don't made your model with it mouth open, it just too difficult to animated it... You need biped animations for that[it's just too hard with bones], and i think that HL/ESF doesn't supports that...

peace out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom