Vegeta saiyajin prince*update* alot better!

Best answers
its a sweet model man....too bad not for this mod!! Y DUN U PPL HIRE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best answers
iconz why dont you join dmz.... we need some good models and wit my skinning skillz will be great

Best answers
lol..i can skni my self.i think just as good as u...or something..*niet boeiend*
anyhoe uuuh it needs to be skinmapped first
but i don't think will join dmz.....not sure

Best answers
Join ESF! I'm sure one more modeller can only speed things up.

And they should use these models to!

Best answers
Don't need you?! Hell, having another modeller can only make things go faster!
Is it true your already workin' fer DMZ? Man, talk about the short straw....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think if u where to ask to be a member most of the fourm would back u up lol, i think your a great modeler

Best answers
I will tell you all right now why I have not approached him about a position on the team.

Where as you, the public, have seen many screen shots of his models, none of you have seen them up close, or if you have, are unable to critique them on a more advanced level. I am displeased with the fact that you judge by pics and not by poly budgeting and deformtation. Those are the key factors to good models. How good they look in game is determined by those things... not RoXor screens. I'll admit that his models look good in appearance, but I personally believe he has a bit to learn.

For one, he has a problem with constantly using switched faces on more detailed models. Also, he sometimes wastes polys in areas that aren't needed like the brow and neck areas. His models are also very high poly... reaching above 1200 on his earlier attempts(Girla and CyBorg). The deformation of these models when skellied is not very good. There is alot of clipping around the knees and elbows.

I'm sure that these newer models are an improvment on those past bad habits, but things like a thin head and disproportioned hands are still aparent in some.

I by no means intend this post as a flame or insult towards IconZ. I only mean, by this post, to inform the public about aformentioned statement.

Also, I'm not gonna toot my own horn. I still have alot to learn myself. I base all my skills on low poly and making the model as playable as possible. Many people are unhappy with that and I'm sorry, but I do it in your best interests, not because I am unable to create high poly work.

I hope this post enlightened many of you who may have still been in the dark about any of the previous tidbits of information.

To IconZ- I hope to see much more quality work from you in the future. I expect it. :)

Best answers
Comment

Many people had the idea of a "high poly pack", is it possible to realize this? What brings a R200 with athlon 1700+ to his limits?
My PC is bored of the hl engine.

I think you must not change anything on the skin, maybe a little bit (I dont know, Im not a skinner), or maybe, if the mod is in "gold-status". We will see....:talk:

Best answers
i am 100% my model s deform good....my dad teached me how to make that good,...and where to put the polys
now don't let me take u guys goku models or vegeta and check the properations....:p......no offence
but thanks for ya comments

Best answers
Well IconZ, I never said I was perfect. But my Vegeta, with the acception of a few flaws such as low detail and not modeled in the right position, is perfect for skinning and deforming. I am, as I said, fallable. I was on a little power trip after Vegeta and churned out goku and gohan which were horrible. I can't believe I made them. But if you look at all my more recent models that were made from scratch(ie: Freeza Form 2, All the Buu's) they are practically perfect in proportion and detail. Perfect for the hl engine and perfect what what we need. I'm not bragging, merely stating that I've tailored my work toward the hl engine to optimize its effeiciency.

Best answers
Also, I taught myself how to model using no tutorials or parents to assist me. So I think I have a leg up on you anways. I dont have any parents, so they can't teach me anything.

Best answers
i was trying to animate and he tol dme how to make the faces in the right place......and ss_vegeta ur modellign alot longer then i am..and i didn't used any tut's to.......i had to find out myself....(some how that's better)
but now i think of it i hope my dad wil explain and teach me more........but then he sais
" no time kid find out ya self like i did"

me think....*u didn't idiot cus when you were a kid you had no 3d *****[gah]
well my **** deforms correct and even if the thing is for hl then it doesn't meanen the properations sgould be of like hell( no offence....u know that)

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
you still didn't answer my question, and You starting to sound like a fibber. Your story is sounding a little corny. No father in their right mind would just say "oh learn it your self like I did" they would indeed try to help their kids out., and Iconz with no disrespect I think your story is a little out of porpotion its self.

Best answers
Where as you had help from him in the least, regardless of if he taught you directly or not, you had his help. I on the other hand did everything myself. If you were around during the times this mod was called Power Up, I had horrible work. When I started working harder I made a newer Vegeta that was leaps and bounds ahead of anything most modelers who had been working for one month could make. I'm not bragging, just simply stating that I worked hard to get the skill I have now, and i'm still improving. I would post an update on Freeza form 2 to explain, but I'm very internet illiterate.

When you start to speak to me like that though, it starts to become offensive. My models from earlier releases were out of proportion, yes, but "well my **** deforms correct and even if the thing is for hl then it doesn't meanen the properations sgould be of like hell" is a false statement. Furthermore, the use of profanity is totally in appropriate. No warning though, since we are in discussion. But if you wish to continue it, refrain from such verbalizations of emotion, or whatever other reason you used them.

Best answers
Well, I'm with SS_Vegeta on this one. IconZ, your models are very good, better than mine, but they look too... non-original... all of the models you make look just like all the other ones made. Like your vegeta, it looks exactly like DBU's vegeta, BFP's vegeta, and SOS's vegeta. SS_Vegetas looks original, and it looks good and in proportion. On your Vegeta, his hands are half the size of his arms. Also, SS_Vegeta uses milkshape, meaning he does poly modelling. You use 3ds max, which is the more "professional" program, but you have to be good to make good models poly by poly thousands of times. You both still have stuff to learn, and I think your both great modellers.

SO GET ALONG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom