Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I've got some wicked reference pics from Ocarina Of Time (running on my Geforce 4 ti4200 at 1024x768, they look real nice ^_^). I will be modelling it from them, it doesn't look that hard at all (the child version). Not many polys used, so hopefully I will produce something fairly quick (now starting).

Ok, Child Link will have the Kokiri sword, and Deku shield. Adult Link will have the Master sword and the Hyrule shield (I thought that would be better, as the Hyrule shield looks better on the adult model). Both will have the Hover boots (should only levitate but hell, that's close to flying ;)) and the Kokiri Tunic. As far as the bow goes.. I don't think we need to go that far and add a bow, would just be complicated.. I think giving him a boomerang for one attack and maybe some other stuff like bombs etc will do. I mean, you can't complain that Link doesn't use magic in Ocarina of Time becuase he does ^_^

*Edit* These are the pictures i'll be using for reference.

Best answers
Good ref pics. It doesn't look too hard to make at all. I might take a crack at modeling it (just for fun, not going to release it).

Best answers
Where in the world did you get Ocarina Of Time, I really would like to play it again... Good ref pics, you can use the bow fad arrows to replace kiblasts... I think you can also use some drawings as ref, I will search some and post them here [better quality then the old model].

Best answers
Originally posted by HELLSPAWN
Good ref pics. It doesn't look too hard to make at all. I might take a crack at modeling it (just for fun, not going to release it).
Hey, as I said.. If someone can make one of those things better than me then i'll use it.. the one thing I want to do nevermind how bad I am is the skin, but I wanted to try modelling, spriting etc. If you make a model and it is better that the crap I will undoubtedly make then i'll just skin that (with your permission) ^_^

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
for beams give him the slingshot as a kid, and the bow as an adult :D

Best answers
will u add that attack where he spins around with his sword? that would be cool. How did u get ocarina of time on ur computer? That defeats the purpose of playing the game, its way better with a console.
A more off topic question, is wind waker good? i've been thinkin of getting it, but i dunno, it looks kinda weird

Best answers
I have an N64 but I can't play Ocarina of Time on it as I am lacking a TV, so playing it all beefed up on my PC suits me just fine ;)

*New Sig/Avatar*

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
/me keeps thead alive

For different beams he could fire a bow with fire, ice, light arrows :]

Best answers
He can also shoot with his hookshot... How far are you with the model now?? Anything finished?

*better sig and avatar now*

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Hookshot would be cool! I'd like to see the hookshot in beta 1.1 using beam jumps :laff:

Best answers
I'm taking a few lessons on modelling to improve my skills before I start this model properly (I could make the model in shapes but I think that would suck compared to vertex modelling). So keep posting ideas etc and look out for any updates, I promise I won't give up on this project ^_^

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Also, remember to have him with the Deku shield as a kid!

/me continues to keep thread alive....

Best answers
If you look at the 2 reference pictures I posted it'll show you that I plan on giving him the Deku Shield ^_^

BTW, you don't have to 'keep the thread alive', i'll post any updates in here when they happen.. so try not to spam too much ;)

V'

Best answers
I think the red one would be awsome on him. I have a couple ideas for links moves but I don't think it suits him very much.

almostdeleted

A
Green of course.. Its the tunic he wears through the whole video game series (except Ocarina of Time)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hi, i was just wondering, could you do me a picture of links left and right? cos ive started to give it a go as well. Ive got the face and front hair done, and i just need some left and right pictures to help me with the head. Cheers.

Best answers
PM me solidus, I would like to see it (if you have made a great model we could work together and you could do that part i'm not great at (modelling). Would save me alot of time.. would be able to get on with the skin etc ^_^

As for the colours.. skinning different tunics would be easy, so I will make the Kokiri tunic as default, and the Red/Blue tunics included in the pack :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well it isnt that much of a model yet :) just the face and two tufts of hair, but if you could do me a left and right view from ocarina of time i could have a go at it. Ill warn you, this is only my third time modelling, first time doing it vertex by vertex, but i think ive got the hang of it, so im a MAJOR noob at it and ive never got any farther than the head...... :) But, i dont know anything other than modelling, i dont know how to ad a skeleton or even what to name different parts, soooo, i could have a crack at it, and when i get stuck or just get as far as i can, i can send it to you if you like and you can get it in game :)

*edit* what's your e-mail? mine is
[email protected]

*edit2* lol, never mind, just seen yours under your sig...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom