Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Even if you do a bit of it that would help me finish it.. I'm a fairly n00by modeller anyway. As for the skeleton etc that is the animator's job (hopefully bryggz).

Best answers
Originally posted by CrackerJack
Green of course.. Its the tunic he wears through the whole video game series (except Ocarina of Time)
Uh, no! That's wrong. In "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past" for the SNES (one of THE greatest games EVER MADE) Link uses a blue tunic and then a red tunic much later in the game. They cut the damage Link takes by 1/2 and by 3/4 respectively

They also recently came out with a Gameboy Advance version of the game.

Best answers
Yeah, with Four Swords. Anyway, green IS his native colour and it shall stay that way.

Ok, Solidus will be helping with the model.. this is good news because it means the model will be ready quicker than me (learning to vertex model, then modelling it would take some time) so I will be able to skin it and get some screenshots for you guys. Also, the fact that it will be done quicker means that there will be more time to edit/tweak stuff before release ^_^

*EDIT* Ok, Solidus is doing the model for sure now... I've seen his VERY early work and I am VERY impressed (especially for his first vertex), actually, i'm amazed by it.

This from the front view ONLY and in under an hour, I like the way it's going so far :shocked: If you are thinking that it look wrong on the hair, like there is something missing, that is because it was from the front view only, and that was the only bit of hair visible from that angle.

Best answers
it looks good for early work...fix the right side of the hair. Besides that, good work.

Best answers
He's doing that now he has the other pictures (read up >,<). Anyway, he hopes to have the head done by the weekend, so you might see kid link's head version 1.0 very soon :D (I think there will be alot of editing going on, probably not the model so much, but the skin probably.. so it will be good, that's a promise :))

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
what about the right side of the hair?

Best answers
poly by poly modeling that could take a while o_o

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
nahhhh! its going quite quickly actualy, nearly got the hair done.

Best answers
I'm really happy the way this model is going.. it's looking excellent so far, :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
accualy once u get the hand of poly by poly it dosent take a while if you know what ur doing

Best answers
Also, vertex (poly by poly) modelling is more professional. BTW, Soccer, I didn't want to do it ALL by myself, but at least the skin.. and the model is going nicely now so i'm not sure how much help we'll need :)

Best answers
poly by poly takes me forever :[ (and u need good refrence pics)

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
For a trans animation, make him pull the master sword or summat like that.

Best answers
Where would the master sword come from? Anyway, for the trans.. i'm thinking of him floating slightly, looking upwards, a aura type thing around him (like when you play the sun's song) wind blowing his hair and clothes upwards, then he kind of shoots his arms out and arches his back (vegeta style) and then a large flash.. adult link :D

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that trans sounds great. and make the sword come from the ground, like make it appear in front of him, then pull it you. if thats possible. it will look funny if youre in the air if thats what you decide to do.:D

Best answers
I suppose it will all come down to the skill of the animator (in other words, if bryggz can pull that off or not) ;)

Best answers
I think he should have his slingshot when he's a kid, and then the Bow n' arrow when he ascends.

Best answers
he could pull it out of his bum:laff: jk back to being serious...i like princes idea of the sword levitating down to link that would kick ass :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
howdy ho!

Ive now just got to make links hat and then the head is done, spent an extra bit of time on the hair to get it how i wanted it to be, and i think im getting into this modelling lark :) The only thing thats freeking me out at the moment is that links ears are very pointy......lol. And its closed mesh so im happy.

And by the way, when we show some more pics, can people go a bit easy on me... this is my first proper model, first poly by poly, and you should have seen the horrers of the other models (2) i made before this..... theyd give you nightmares..... ill have to get around to showing you my first model to see if its salvagabe, but i dont wanna use it anymore. Its Ledgics head from GT, and its a bit rough..... I made it to learn the program, learn from my mistakes lol.

Anyway, gonna do this hat, and spend a few extra polies on so we can have a good blowing in the wind animation :) .

And SSJ3 G0tenks, thanks again for the sig and avatar, and having the idea for this model, i wouldnt have tried to model again if it wasnt for this thread. L8r.....
*edit* typo, tell me if you spot any more...

How about the sword dropping from the sky quickly into the podium (with a crash) that would rise from the ground....

*edit 2* how about for the trans i make him an ocarina and he can play that in this energy wind....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom