Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah his head is wayy to big for his body its like one of those cartoons with the huge head.

Best answers
Read up soccer, I already explained it. It's at a higher up angle and is closer to the head (Isometric view) so it looks a little wierd, also that isn't all the body.. and it can't be that much out of proportion as it is vertex modelled from the original, so take it up with nintendo ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, but still you need to scale it a lot, it looks bigger than the body.. o well

Best answers
What does that have to do with link anyway.. :rolleyes:

Well, I got my internet fixed now so I can carry on with the updates and talk to solidus about the problems etc. I've seen the model from the front view and it fits exactly where the reference picture is so that's why I don't see a problem (also I know that angle is slightly misleading).

I'll be asking shijing about the skinmap today if possible (well, I need the model first from solidus) and then i'll post some screens of it skinned.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks like a perfect link to me :p

though could use some more detail but thats just me

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Im back again

i thought id better explain why some things about the model look a little odd, so heres a list why:

- the body looks slightly strange because there are no arms on it yet, so no shoulders
- The pollie that is skin coloured coming out from under the collar is because i didnt want to waste pollies just to colour them for a pic, it will look diferently when skinned.
- The collar is red so you can properly see it unskinned
- And finnaly the model looks a lot better smooth shaded, because then you can see why ive put pollies in different places, so that smooth shaded the tunic has the correct creeses.

any other questions?

and i havnt done any more because of my work load as i keep saying, which is gonna go on for about two or three weeks, but ill get something done over this time, not just leave it on pause or something.

*edit* and he does have those bags on his chest, but you cant see them flat shaded (i tink i know what u mean)

and to anyone looking to get into zelda, allthough the new Four sword game is pritty good, its not as good as Zelda:Links awakening on the GB.

Best answers
The face skin will go into more detail, i'm just waiting to get a basic body skin going now. I don't want to add too much detail as i'm trying to stick to the OoT Link (who wasn't very detailed anyway).

I'll be posting Solidus' kokiri sword soon. ^_^

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There should be a Zelda model!

almostdeleted

A
Originally posted by SSJ3_G0tenks
The face skin will go into more detail, i'm just waiting to get a basic body skin going now. I don't want to add too much detail as i'm trying to stick to the OoT Link (who wasn't very detailed anyway).

I'll be posting Solidus' kokiri sword soon. ^_^
You cant have 2 sword models anyway..

Theres only 1 trunks sword spot. The sword gets coded into his hand. Its eaither master or kokiri. You cant have both.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
One for each

the kokiria sword when kid link, the master sword when transformed (adult link)

Best answers
Yeah, it gets changed the same way as the Deku Shield and Hylian Shield will get changed, the model of each one will be replace when the transformation takes place.

Ok, so here is the Kokiri sword, I like it and once it's skinned it should look pretty damn good ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by CrackerJack
.. **steps in**

Gannon:

Ganandorf:

lol thats not ganon and thats not ganondorf ganondorf is the first without the hourse and that other 1 is phantom ganondorf ( he is the bos of the forest temple ) and ganon is that huge pig ganondorf transforms in in hte end

edit:sjing or big bos its in ocarina of time not majoras masj majoras mask has 3 huge bosses + the end temple that huge plain with 1 tree centerd with 4 children plying there resembling the 3 bosses + the majora kid who no 1 plays with

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bleh... this is not a goddam story thread, its about the model, keep it that way from now on

Best answers
Ok, wrong again.. Phantom Ganon (not Ganondorf) is the boss of the forest temple in Ocarina of Time. Anyway, shi- I mean BIG BOSs is right, this isn't a thread about Ocarina of Time or the story behind it, it is a thread about me and solidus' model pack. So, what do you people think of the Kokiri Sword so far? ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i should seriously be doing some uni work now...

i dont know what scale it will be when added to link, but thats the size from reference pics. I think it was a kids sword in game as well, so its more of a dagger than a sword really (when compared to the master sword)

almostdeleted

A
Originally posted by SSJ3_G0tenks
Yeah, it gets changed the same way as the Deku Shield and Hylian Shield will get changed, the model of each one will be replace when the transformation takes place.

Ok, so here is the Kokiri sword, I like it and once it's skinned it should look pretty damn good ;)

YOu dont get it. There is only one folder for a sword. The sword is a seperate model. You can either have Kokiri sword for both kid and adult or master. Its like piccolo. You cant give him a transformation model because he only has 1 folder. Its the same with Trunks sword. Thiers only 1 folder. Not 2. Meaining thiers onyl 1 sword model. Either Kokiri or Master.:rolleyes:

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
theres gonna be a folder for the trunks sword model? i allways thought it was just gonna be attatched to the model, seing as though its just an extra set of animations.
if we can only use one sword then well use the master sword, but theres no harm in making this sword just in case, seing as though its done allready. Im sure if theres only one sword alloud there will be a way around it, like adding it to the model normally. If its just a model in a folder like the other characters, then cant we just write a script to change the sword model at the push of a button? i know u can do it i game with characters while keeping the same move list (cos its only the model changing)

almostdeleted

A
hibiki posted it. the model is seperate and coded into his hand

and what you said would take coding. Plus if you attached it anyway, wouldnt it be *** for link to hold a kokiri, a master, and a shield when you play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom