💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For those of you who compile maps via a batch file, here is a VERY good setup for a good compile.

> hulls.txt

Code:
hlcsg.exe -hullfile hulls.txt -nowadtextures "C:\Half-Life\MAPPING\ESF_MapName" -wadautodetect -estimate -high %1
hlbsp.exe -estimate -high %1 "C:\Half-Life\MAPPING\ESF_MapName"
hlvis.exe -estimate -high -full %1 "C:\Half-Life\MAPPING\ESF_MapName"
hlrad.exe -lights "C:\Half-Life\MAPPING\lights.rad" -high -extra -smooth -estimate %1 "C:\Half-Life\MAPPING\ESF_MapName"
COPY "C:\Half-Life\MAPPING\ESF_MapName.bsp" "C:\Half-Life\ESF\maps"
COPY "C:\Half-Life\MAPPING\ESF_MapName.pts" "C:\Half-Life\ESF\maps"

Also, check out Nem's Mapping Tools website for some useful tools including a visual batch compiler set-up (I have not used it yet).

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
u should have said that the .bat file needs to be in the same directory like the compile tools. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by DJ-Ready
u should have said that the .bat file needs to be in the same directory like the compile tools. :)

That is common sense, but you're right, too many people either lack common sense, are ignorant, or are lazy and don't look closely at the lines.

Best answers
mr.Satan ur write there are to many stupid people so be sure to post all the facts when posting!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well...I wouldn't say stupid, most people are just ignorant (which isn't the same as stupid)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you never heard of mapping before, then it's no common sense, hell i don't even know what a .bat file is. If that makes me stupid, then screw you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa whoa whoa Cold Steel, calm down there turbo. I was talking about where to put the batch (.bat) file. I never said anything about being stupid if you didn't know that stuff, I said it's ignorance, which is not knowing that stuff, geeze.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh srry, i kinda read your previous post a little in the wrong way. My apolagizes(prolly wrong spelled)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's no problem, I figured you did heh. I do that every once in a while also. BTW It's apologies, for future reference :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom