💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I came up with this idea a few weeks ago but forgot about it and it finally came back: I thought, "Hmm what about building a sphere in the same way an igloo is build, rectangular blocks"

It might be tedious work but if done right it could result in a VERY smooth looking sphere.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought of something similar to that before, but to make it very smooth, you would need to make/clip the blocks at very miniscule angles to make them form a sphere together.
It would take a lot of work if done that way, but it probably would look very good when finished.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooh, it looks very nice, but I don't know if it will work for HL1.
Hope it isn't much more complicated though. ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it shouldnt be...i just hope all those crash bugs and render problems will be fixed...

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i would love to see a king kai planet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It won't happen, well not realistically anyways, you would just be able to walk on top even with the new sphere tool.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i made a bowl this way for the inner roof of the kai house in s2k_snakeway_v2...

Best answers
spheres are simpler made and look just as good with clipped cones built up at decresing angles. i see wot u mean by using lots on individual rectangles, but unless u want an inside to a sphere, doing it using the old cones will give same result but saves lots of work and compile time. it would be useful for things as dj-ready put, like domes, but then i've made good domes by carving each cone i use and layering up with carved cones. and they work well. problems only arise when u carve out the whole hemisphere at once instead of as individual bits.

*edit*
i mean individual cones, not the rectangular bits u suggested.
oh an sorry for countering, i've been pratising makin spheres and domes and such a while bak.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by DJ-Ready
i made a bowl this way for the inner roof of the kai house in s2k_snakeway_v2...
that inner roof was rather messy...

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
yes, coz i didnt used much brushes.. but its the same way :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom