Best answers
hey im a mapper and i was wondering like in all your map the ground is so well made i mean some are just tooo well made i was wondering if you use gensurf? or other terrain generator i can also see where you hand craft..... i was wondering for future refrence incase i want to make a map for esf :) with low wpoly

|-sheepman-|

Best answers
haha low poly good 1!.... all the maps are hand crafted. no terrain tools are ever used becuase they can cause lagg!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
gensurf sux,

and the new ESF maps will have low wpolys

Best answers
Originally posted by esf_STRYKER
haha low poly good 1!.... all the maps are hand crafted. no terrain tools are ever used becuase they can cause lagg!
Are you so sure? ;)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
<-MrMasj->

Big maps means much wpolys and then we add some more details then in the old alpha maps and we get even higher wpoly hight...but i think the esf staff will do the best =)

Best answers
Originally posted by esf_STRYKER

I mean the maps are so huge so they have a high poly count but the r_speeds are low.... so there is no lag!

Best answers
yea im suprised it barly gets over 900 do you use the nulll method? i kind of found that one out myself... its easy you just make all your brushes with the null texture then put the textures on the faces you want to be seen it like cuts wpoly in half i did an example map with a tunnel with many faces and it had like 100wpoly it was nice...... when im done with the map im currently working on (doesn't have a name yet) i might make esf map because its such a cool mod :)

Best answers
I hate to tell you all this, but a few maps reach over the 1300+ r_speed count (mtside, kami_lookout for example) while you are in the air. Which is one reason why we say the requirements will be higher than for just playing standard HL.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but thats only if u fly at the very top and look down

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom