Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well I'm in Italy ATM but I'm using a cousins computer. Talk about Gfx Heaven, You wouldn't believe some of the software they've got here! Well, Heres a Web Site I'm making for my nephew and his friends. What do ya guys think?

And the splash screen :)

I think I've improved alot so yeah, Enjoy! Also Thanks to LScream for hosting this :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like the splash screen but i think that alot of that pixelation should go especially on the website header otherwise its ok

i think u have made better layouts in the past

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love them! The only thing I kinda dislike is on the website layout. It's the boxes where the text goes. The greeny brushes dont look too good imo

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah the pixelation stuff you have kind of takes away from the layout.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

Better? I think i may darken the color of the boxes.. Or are they good like this? Also, I'll see what I can do with the pixelation

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
edit: nice site, kind of, the splash is ok, but the site itself look odd

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah looks a lot better! I like it soo much now =]

Best answers
omfg *drools* I love that splash that is so sweet... Site maybe a little to pixely but it owns as well.. You use photoshop for the splash?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Coo, nice work :)

I'd lessen the effect of the pixellation, but that's about all i'd do o_O

Great work, and the splash is really nice :tired:

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow that splash looks amazing!!!

what software do they have there??

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice job! I like the new version of da layout. the Splash is great,

what progs you got there?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

One of my final versions, Next one I should be fixing up the banner and then me and Raider will be implementing code :)

Retired
Best answers
splash screen looks top.

looking at yer layout now. the only thing that bothers me is the pixelation on the banner. the style doesnt fit in with the BG for some reason. BG is all smooth and then you suddenly see the pixelation ;). rest is good m8, keep up the good work.

Best answers
Turn the opacity down on the pixelated layers, or mess with blending modes.

And I don't like the font too much. And when you have that many boxes in such a small space, it becomes a HUGE hassle, especially if your nephew is a beginner. Make it one huge content area, and maybe one box for something, but divide those boxed up into sections of the site that you can link from. Every time you make a layout, you go for the portfolio style look, which is small and boxed with little content, but I think for a site like this you need to make a bigger more stretched site, like RS.

Enjoi :eek:

Retired
Best answers
thats true, you can have the affil. and content merged with the nav bar. would make it look better imo. a bit more organised.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shouldn't of blurred Cell, oh well still rocks IMO! Good job

Best answers
nice , u should put black borders around the boxes like sub navi , affiliates , features and content. Other then that good work , also do u know where i can get a tut for that texture u have on the left side of cell for ur splash?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rofl!

He used 3dsmx for that. and I very much doubt he used a tutorial, so nope, no tutorial available for it. You won't pick it up in a short space of time either oO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom