💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ugh! I decided to continue work on my map ESF_NeoTournament_v1. I got some stuff done, went to compile and WHAT D'YA KNOW, Leak error. So I got somewhat discouraged, fixed the problem anyways, and tried again...ANOTHER leak problem, so I delete ALL the entities of the specified type (That was said to be leaked) and now other entities are said to be leaks!! What in teh hell?!

I compiled this map without problems for DMZ, maybe it's the new hull file im using??

PLEASE HELP!!

Best answers
hmmm.....

exactly why did you delete the entities??they were supposed to be a guideline to where the leak is....but most of the time when I have a leak its because I have VERY SMALL leak in my map that's so hard to find.

All I can say is....redo the sky brush,or whatever is supposed to enclose the whole map,Im not too good at this mapping stuff

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But im using the same sky box that I used before (when it compiled great) and I havent messed with it since.

Best answers
in worldcraft, after youve tried compiling, in the map menu, click load pointfile, and in the viewport window, there should be a really wierd line. follow th line, and it should lead you to the leaks(s)

Best answers
lmao, good luck:p

note: even though you have this huge wakked pointfile, the leak would most likely be about the size of the tongue face at the end of of this sentance:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, aint that a lot of leaks ;) haha

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The leaks are all over the new stadium seats DJ Ready added and are probably sticking out of my skybox, I will probably take the lazy route and just make my sky box bigger.

My computer is REALLY crappy (P2, 350MHz, 256MB RAM). When I loaded that pointfile it took so long just to be able to scroll in the viewpoint windows >_<

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Most leak pointfiles are huge just to solve a tiny little leak.
I currently have a gigantic pointfile on the map I am making now, but once I find it I'm sure it's going to be tiny. The last pointfile for a leak I had fixed was a tiny little 2 unit gap between the carved parts of the floor. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I'll play with it tonight, hopefully I can fix it.

Best answers
gl on fixing that leak....maybe i should say leaks

before when i had a leak it was always just REAL itsy bitsy spaces not visibly until you zoom in real close in the editor

BTW,does anyone know where I can get prefabs??Im sick of trying to vert manipulate,its real hard

Best answers
Be careful about using prefabs though. Some of them aren't designed too well and will have bad faces due to bad vertex manipulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom