The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok i suppose most of you know tgw_cloud_palace, i want to do something cool with the dimentional door, from the lookout to the rosat. I want to make a screen in the shape of a door, so when you go to the door, you see the rosat, this way it looks a little more realistic(the camera will be poiting inside the rosat), is it possible to make screen in that shape? (The dooropening is gothic church door style shaped) Does anyone know?

Best answers
I don't really get what you are saying, can you say it better.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, you know you can make a camera and a screen with valve hammer right? right. I want to make a screen in the shape of the door that isn't shaped as a square like in hl, but a little more round, can i make a screen that shape and will it work then?

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It's hard to understand what you mean.
You mean like make a texture of the view into the RoSaT so they see it on the door?

Best answers
are u talkin about viewpoints? or some type of effect?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think he wants to see if you can make a screen shaped to fit the door, so when you look at it you will see where the door is taking you.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, atleast someone understands me. Is it possible?

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Even though i understand you, I have no idea how or if you even can do it. Sorry.

Best answers
Well you have to make the door transparent, if i remember correctly, then you gotta make it a glass door. Transparency can be tweaked once you set it up. The higer the more you can see through it.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't understand me, the door is a teleport, it takes you from the lookout to the rosat and back, since the teleport is invisible, i would like to make a screen behind it,with the camera showing the rosat, so it looks like you are looking trough the door opening. Is this possible?

First - will it show the object the camera is pointing to directly, or do i have to press the use key to view it, like in blueshift.

Second - will a screen work if it's shaped round.

Best answers
hmmm looks like its all about the textures....

take a screenshot and edit it in Photoshop or whatnot,then turn it into a texture,and apply it onto the area where you want to 'see' the other part of the map

Of course,don't blame me if you have very ugly textures in the process,it happens alot.Also I have no idea how to scale the texture corectly....:/

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, this is driving me mad, you are all retarded or i am retarded, nvm, i'll ask bobmaster when he's online.

Best answers
Simple make it a sprite... (i dunno how)

I would like to try if u make the screen, allways keen to learn new stuff

*EDIT*

Now i know how =) all i need is the screen, in the shape u want, and it has to be BMP...

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Nvm, Bob allready stated it's not possible, well it is possible, but in a crappy way that would ruin the entire idea.

Best answers
oh well topic solved...

*EDIT*

Sry i cant help it...

U know Ns? u know when u choose your team, thats a Additive texture, do it like that, or just make it a texture...

Test show with the sprite thing

Best answers
the best u could do to make it work would be to compile the map as is, turn to 1st person mode, take a screenshot looking out from the door, make that a texture and put that just behid the teleport, so that you can see where its leading.

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Thnx, i suppose that's the best way.

Best answers
or you can do as bob said getting the screen then having a transperant block on the door so you cant walk into it
and place the screenie texture behind the transperant object

or

dunno if this is possible >_>
make a screen then make a half cylinder an apply the textures accordingly so you get a better ilussion >_>

The Viking
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Or i could just cover it up. Instead of using half a cilinder.

Best answers
plus, when you want to take the screenshot for the illusion, start the
map in SP so there is no HUD!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom