The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I REALLY like the way that looks, that grainy, stone texture is simply marvellous, and the way the statue was made (a bust on a platform) is simply classic. No crits, to offer, tho, sorry.

ZuL

Best answers
Thanks, compliments are good too :D
I thought I was going to have a hell of a time trying to find a good plugin of some sort to make that texture, but I found it quickly. Keep 'em comin'!

Best answers
Wow... really really nice, and that hair is excellently modelled, well done *round of applause* :D Hmm.. I can't critisize that either.. it's just too damn good! :)

ZuL

Best answers
Omg... thanks! I actually had some hard time modeling the hair, thank god for mirror modeling :rolleyes:

Now I'm gonna go play some game or something...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont like the hair because its mirrored

its so obvious to see that it was mirrored it makes the model look bad

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah

Originally posted by Hibiki
i dont like the hair because its mirrored

its so obvious to see that it was mirrored it makes the model look bad
yeah i dont like the hair,and porportions are kinda off also.

ZuL

Best answers
Ok, thanks for the crits. I mirrored the hair because i really thought it was so damn hard making it otherwise. I was kinda happy with how it turned out anyways, but I think i agree with the proportions; I need to change some stuff with the chest. I'm keeping the head size as it is right now, I want it to look a bit cartoonish.

Best answers
*wants to model remotely like that* hmpf... no fair.. :p

Off topic: Can someone recommend a tutorial that is great for starting out? and I don't mean the CSgirl tutorial, that is a terrible starting tutorial.. nor do I need a link to that forum with 5000 tutorial links on it.. just a nice, easy tutorial to get me started into modelling with boxes and eventually vertex modelling.

ZuL

Best answers
Depends on what program you start out with. I wouldn't mind teaching you, by IRC or something like that...

Best answers
Wow, that sounds really good! You have msn? or AIM? I'm using Milkshape.. best PM back to reduce anymore spam :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so what game are u gonna put this in?

u should make a map based off him and use statues of ur guy

Best answers
Looks realy nice.

If i were you then i would make a wallpaper of that, maybe you can do that, a larger background and then you put it in the middle or something, would look realy nice ... :yes:

Best answers
I would realy want to use it, if it was a wallpaper :):D :fight:

SORRY FOR DUBBELPOSTING!!!!!!!!!

ZuL

Best answers
Now I know why you have that sig ;) It's great that I got all these great comments, even if most of them weren't crits. All my previous work was only so-so, blocky and all that. It's great that you guys liked this model. I tried replacing it with another statue from VS, but the only thing that happened was that the map got totally black, except for the sprites :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom