Best answers
Hey I'm new to modeling ^_^ and i want some help from you guys. How do you go about making weapon models? like do you need to make skeletons,Joints or anything like that? or do you just model it and Animate it and ****. Anyways i'm useing the new version of Milkshape 3D just incase you need that info... anyways thxs

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, I can't help you much because I gave up modeling about a year ago. All I can say is that the Skeleton and the Joints is the animators job. The modelers job is to put together bunches of polies to create a figure.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think on poly count there is one you can get there through planet halflife

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by ultrassj_vegeta
i dunno much bout modeling... so i wudn hav a clue sorry
I think your name should be useless responce :\

Anyways, One Winged Angel if you need any tutorials or feedback with modeling please contact me. Aim= Ssj4Spifire or just Pm me.

Best answers
Originally posted by Spitfire
Well, I can't help you much because I gave up modeling about a year ago. All I can say is that the Skeleton and the Joints is the animators job. The modelers job is to put together bunches of polies to create a figure.
Spitfire that is a cop out, that has to be one of the most slackest things I have ever heard. If you don't know how to make a skeleton or atleast assign your model to a perexisiting skeleton then you shouldn't be modelling because you don't know how to make a model that will animate well, and a pure animator won't know how to go about fixing the model so that it will.

Best answers
I do belive this thread was about weapon models, not player models.

So if you are refering to weapon models: I don't belive there is any skeleton stuff involved with making a weapon model. I really am not possitive, since I haven't made any weapon models yet.

But if you are talking about player models: Yes, you need to know about skeleton's. It's not so hard if the group is using animation that refers to bones with the same name / structure as the original gordon model. As long as the bone names corespond, you shouldn't have much trouble. (Ask a animator for the name's of the bones if your not sure what they are... You don't have to if you decompile a model from ESF or whatever mod into you milkshape program and check that way!)

Please don't flame me if I gave out false information, again I say I'm not possitive about this since I'm only farly new to modeling myself.

Hope this helps!

Best answers
Any moving model in Half-Life needs a skeleton which just cleared that up. But I don't get what you are talking about the names of the bones and stuff because you can just look @ the names of the Bones/Joints in the Skeleton (called something like that) tab in Milkshape 3D when you apply the skeleton.

Best answers
Yeah, thanks about the weapon skeleton info.

For the bones: I was explainning more than one way to do it. Obviously the easiest way is to decompile a model and check out it's bones in the "joint" tab, like both you and I said.

I told him another just in case he's not sure how to use Milkshape yet...

I Hope I cleared that up!

BTW: I like the sig, Mickels! :D

Best answers
It works sometimes and sometimes it don't, stupid dodgy host, that'll learn ya for using the webspace your ISP gives you won't it ;D

*I can host it if ya like mate? *
Cheeseman

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom