Best answers
since G-Max is made from 3dsmax, just find sum 3d Studio Max tutorials for basic modelling

Best answers
yeah, almost every tutorial on 3dsmax should work fine for gmax. cuz it's kinda like a freeware version of 3d max. if you are looking for modelling tutorials, that is. (mesh editing)

but for skining, it's somewhat different a little bit:
the material editor is different, to creat a new material in gmax just click "new". to browse for a bmp skin, click the "diffusion" tab and click the little browse icon that looks like a "folder". to apply the skin to the mesh click apply.
the "uvw map modifier" and "uvw unwarp modifier" are the same.

there is no character studio in gmax, so there is no "biped" or "physique" , if u need to create bones u have to creat them the old fasion way. and to attch them i think use the "skin" modifier, i'm not sure.

Best answers
Originally posted by SA_Gohan
Check Zytrox's "Making an anime head" tutorial. Based on Trunks.

http://www.3dluvr.com/zytrox/tutorials.html

Also, there are a good deal of tutorials for gmax on the discreet site itself,. Those are what I used to learn the program and they seem pretty good and easy to understand.

http://www.discreet.com/products/gmax/
Thnxs dude but i can't really find anything at disceet at less i can't

*edit*
is there one for g max cause i m really really new to modeling

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ftp://ftp1.discreet.com/web/products/gmax/gmax12_help.exe
ftp://ftp1.discreet.com/web/products/gmax/gmax12_tutorials.exe

Those are the help and tutorial files for gmax, and they're specifically made for that program.

I don't know of any other tutorial's made specifally for gmax, but just about any tutorial for 3dstudio max 4-4.2 should apply. You can even try 3dsmax 5 tutorials as long as they don't have to do with skinning.

The tutorial I gave you made by Zytrox can also be used with gmax easily . . .

Best answers
yo umm for using G MAX right how to u select the points instead of the hole shape\|?

Best answers
gmax comes with tutorials ... read them!

or i guess they don't really come with it. u have to download it as a seperate file from the same page u downloaded gmax (if u d/led it from the official site that is!)

anyway, in the panel to the right, scroll to the top and click the vertices (the three red dots) button

[J]

Best answers
right click on the object and select "Convert to editable mesh." Then you select the second tab and click on the 3 little dots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom