MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sup peeps,

i just made a tournament ring themed map and i want to see what you peeps think so far. the map isnt l337 but this is my first map ive made. its also still in developement. im going to add a skybox and make it bigger. also i would appreciate any suggestions and ideas for my map.

the only problem i have so far is that it wont run, it says that the map is not found on the server or something like that, ive already sent it to Mr. Satan but he hasnt replied yet.

Tournament Map ScreenShots

=/\/\C

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You really should have more done if you want to post it...Maybe a quarter of the map or something...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional said:
You really should have more done if you want to post it...Maybe a quarter of the map or something...
ok, ill work on the things i need to add. also i got some questions, can you make a cube bigger than the grid also how do i remove the black when your zooming around my map in 3d?

*edit
i guess no ones intrested in my map.......... well anyway i did some more work on it so heres some screen shots

ring
stands
building
overhead

also heres a screen shot of one of my questions black thingy

atleast give me some critz.

=/\/\C

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
By "the grid", do you mean the entire grid in a view?
No, you can't. That is the limit as to how big a map can be.
As for the "black thing", that is the back clipping plane. It cuts off the viewable distance when the map is quite large.
To make it go away in the editor, go to Tools -> Options ->3D Views, then raise the slider of the Back Clipping Plane to a higher number. To fix it in-game (you'll notice it does the same thing in game once you get it compiled) go to Map -> Map Properties, and set the number of max viewable distance higher.
And as for your problem, I'm not entirely sure what it is, but I'm certain it has to do with the fact you're not using Expert Mode when you compile.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No one is interested in your map because your not giving them anything to be interested in.

Best answers
looking at those screens id say u need to put some more into it... at the moment im using esf_g_tourniment from redsaiyan but if this 1 turns out to be better i might change my mind...

keep up the good work btw id get rid of the water... it jsut makes it look tacky... also how big is the ring cause the one i got is like 1/2 the size u need for a proper tornie fight :laff:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Magmus said:
looking at those screens id say u need to put some more into it... at the moment im using esf_g_tourniment from redsaiyan but if this 1 turns out to be better i might change my mind...

keep up the good work btw id get rid of the water... it jsut makes it look tacky... also how big is the ring cause the one i got is like 1/2 the size u need for a proper tornie fight :laff:
it really does look like water, well its actually namek grass. also i do use expert compile mode, it was working fine (for only halflife not esf) before i set it up for esf, it really messed it up. hmmm i can add a few things to it, i dont really know how big the map is since it wont run.

i working on that building in the map also im trying my best (only if i can figure out clipping......), this is my first map ive made ever for halflife/esf just started a dew days ago.

i will continue to improve on it so stay around for more screenshots.

=/\/\C

Best answers
im hanging around this ahs the potential to beat the map i use currently and it saves me from having to make 1 and i sucka t these sorta things :cry:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
can someone please tell me how to fix the compile errors? i really need it fixed in order to work on my map. when its fixed then i can see if everything is too big or too small.

edit
heres a link to the map log.
map log

alright i fixed the first compile error just two more. also i updated the map log.

=/\/\C

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have many brushes outside your map...Outside the boxed area around your map...The outside of your map should look like a box or an enclosed holllowed polygod with nothing sticking out of it. If anything sticks out, then you will get the error you are recieving now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It says you have entities outside your map, just look at the overview of your map for entities outside your skybox. Just go to Map then Go To Brush Number and select each entity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom