Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i whas thinking of internal sky fight. its a BIG sky map compleetly only SKY and if you hit the end of the map you will be teleported some furhter back to the map again. you think of yourself.. yeah yeah simpel map. really easy. make it yourself.. yadayada. but i cant make it. so plz :) :D

Best answers
You would probably need some kinda of simple boundary so the players know where the edge of the map is and when they will get teleported.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, otherwise it would get confusing and you wouldn't know where in the map you are...
And the sky brush is a clip, so the players wouldn't go through the edge of the map, they would hit an 'invisible wall'. ;)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
but sprites in the edges of the map and teleport player back to center when it hits the sky wall.

Best answers
true but how would it play .. start attack .. person fly's away , he teleports behind you , he shoots you in the back .. don't think it would still make sence .. and besides up and down etc are clearly visible in hl ..
for one how your model is positioned so the total freedom feel wouldn't be there maybe if theres a positional teleporting so you end up same place but on the other end of the map ..
still beams would blow up against that as well..

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i know!! put LASERS at the end of the map! all red lasers :D then you see when the end of the map is! or green lasers.. blue.. purple.. yellow..

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, what you could do to make it fair is this, and I've seen it done on maps for CS. Anyone ever play the old cs/de_pacman? Have the boundaries warp you to exactly the other side of the map. That way it's fair and gives an added dimension to the map. No simply trapping ppl in the corner as make it so beams blow up on the walls (cover them in some kind of anti beam brush?)

-Karrde-

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
arg!! karrde! i whas just thinking the same.. so if hit the wall here you will be teleported on the SAME spot only on the other side.. or maybe different.. look on arrow | = a wall --> = you gonna be teleported there

|--------->|
|--------->|
|--------->|
|--------->|
|--------->|
| -------->|

Best answers
you wont believe me, but I had this idea too!
when I saw this map, I thought:
hey its so linear, you could teleport the player back to the beginning of the map when he reaches
the end and it would look like the road was never ending!! :laff:

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
thats why i req: a internal sky fight :) it never stops. you never hit the ground :D cool :) i hope someone can make this map :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmmm well this chould be done I guess, but since the sky box on hl is a never ending texture, if you made them go the way around the map, you never know where you are, there needs to be some kind of landmark to show where the ends of the map are, it chould be something simple like a plane or something, just marking out where each end of the map is, but it would all be too confuzeing to do, its best to just make a simple map with some ground on it, but just have it very tall with alot of sky, meh

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
mhh.. maybe i should change my idea to a huge Fighting cube. compleetly empy. and the end some laser so you know where the end is. and sky color should be different.. like black...

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
hrmm ... such a map could be done in a few minutes. i think it would be best to put env_lasers in the map going from one to another corner, so you would have something like a laser box. and different teleporter "areas" on each wall exactly to the other side of the wall. (that would take most of the time, depends on how much teleporters you would have on each wall.)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
allot of teleporters.. cuz if you fly and you hit the wall. you need to be at the SAME spot only on the other side

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty cool idea m8! I will do it if i have my current map finished even with the teleport places it still shouldn't proove to be difficult to create. When i spoke with you on msn i thought it would be difficult, but i have it figured out now.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
thkz Cold ^_^ you are the :yes:

Best answers
Simply an awsome idea, but maybe you should at least put a cloud you could land on.
And wouldn't the teleporting boundries lag down the map?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
i'm not sure. but my idea whas nothing in the map. cuz its very good for melee and beam fights :)

Best answers
a landmark??
mmh...how about a sign in the middle of the map, with arrows: north-east-south-west!! *joking* :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom