Best answers
My definition of art is anything creative...

Here's what I consider art:
1. stock fotos
2. photos
3. digital art(wallpaper, or anything digitally altered)
4. composites(sp?, drawings)
5. mosaics..

A good place to check out really good artists is: deviantart.com.

What's your definition of art?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well art in my opinion is something you like, be it a poem, computer art or painting.

Now an art form is what could be anything really, whether you like it or not.

Simple but what I feel.

Best answers
in my opinion art is everything on a pice on paper or in kb/mb size, everything what can be "drawed" is art, in a art-museum near here... a destroyed piece of cloth? art heh? that's rubbish

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
art... and I don't mean the definition that's in the dictionary

I actually do have to like it somehow.. filling a 400x400 image, with red... and then call it abstract, that's not art for me.

It doesn't depend on the style, but how good the piece is in a style, other then that it should be original, not ripped.. I think the creator needs to have the intention to make it "art" but I'm not sure there.

grtz Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
plz there is no definition of art because of everything is art. art doesnt imitate life, life imtates art. murder is an art, painting is an art, writing is an art, making glass is an art. everyone can do art, and yet not be artistic. since art has no true definition anything can be art.

Best answers
exactly 1m4......but what im asking, is your opinion, im not asking for a real definition here...

you answered me fully on what I wanted, without probably not even knowing it :rolleyes:

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by TimTheEnchantor
exactly 1m4......but what im asking, is your opinion, im not asking for a real definition here...

you answered me fully on what I wanted, without probably not even knowing it :rolleyes:
I think that is his oppion. Its how I look at it. So ya I agree with Ima

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think that "modern art" (ie: smashed up peices of metal, etc...) should be consider art

Best answers
Everything is not art. Though I could argue that everything is beautiful. Art is a creation, it is a representation of an artist, art cannot happen by accident, it is planned in the respect that an artist controls the method if not the result.

My definition of art is this: art is emotion. It is taking something ephemeral like anger, passion, sadness, joy, love, fear and coalescing it into something tangible. A great artist can express something charged like that in a comparatively clumsy and inert medium. A really great artist can create something that vibrates with emotion and energy such that, simply by experiencing a piece of art, one will experience those same emotions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom