Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I've had this program for a wile...and i think other people should start using it. Its a tool called Spirit of Half-Life and you can get it here It helps map making alot. Open GL is a nice thing to have for this tool. /if you dont have that...you see some strange things. But dont ask me what the strange things are. Download the tool and see for yourself.

:)id: Software RULZ!)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
spirit of hl is an open source mod. you can use its code to stat a mod on or take features from it (becouse it has some really cool features ^^)
but it has nothing to do with mapping

Best answers
if you would add new features, you would have to change the fgd data.
and this would only end up in people being annoyed because they cant play the map because theyve got another fgd file! :\

Best answers
Oops...my bad. I forgot that other people have to have this program to use maps made with it. No wonder i make a lan game and my bro cant join (when i'm using my download manager i dont play on the internet cause of major lag). Well...overall this is a good tool.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In short, sprit of half life is a modding utility, not a mapping utility. If you were to use it for mapping it'd require modifying the .fgd (game data file for things like entities, etc) file which would make the map only playable to those who have the modified .fgd. I'm not even sure it's possible to simply modify the .fgd without having the source code. In any case, this has outlived it's usefulness to the mapping section.

*closed*

-Karrde-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom