Best answers
that sonic model is the one from polycount, its extreamly low poly, but because of that it would need custom animations.

Best answers
well he would need some new animations anyway unless you want him to move like an esf character witch would take a little away from the sonic authenticness

[J]

Best answers
hey hey hey mines almost done :( no need to convert old ones. Mine is 100% original and 0% ported AND has fingers :p sonic + supasonic is done, skinmapping now. btw polycount on the finished sonic is 1198

[J]

Best answers
maybe :p bet you could put on a better skin then me :p

1198 polies and ill show the supersonic later. Dont mind the crease, it was mirrored in the render. just pretend its not there :p

Best answers
The body looks too fat, the guy runs at super sonic speed all day long, and here he looks like he has become a couch potato ;-). You need to make him thinner. Sonic's old sneakers sucked. Do THOSE look like any REAL kind of sneakers to you? Have you seen any real sneakers that looked like that? And those big socks, how the hell did his feet BREATHE with those things on? His feet must have sweat gallons, and must have given him athlete's foot ;-) Go with the new shoes. The head still looks too big, and it looks too flat as well. Make it wider, but make the entire head smaller, and more proportional to the rest of his body.

It appears like you where looking at the old Sonic style from the original Sonic games when you made this model.

almostdeleted

A
dam J.. I liked the G maxversion.. Sorry.. You made this one too fat, and his head to thin.

[J]

Best answers
oh come on the new one looks better from so many angles, and i can make it thinner in 2 secs. dont forget, its 800 polies less

do you honestly think the old one looks better?

OLD

NEW

almostdeleted

A
Do a head implant. take flesh from the chest, and put it into the head.

:)

You see the size of the head on the old one?

Make it that size.

Then make him thinner and it will be perfect

You know your my favorite model :)

Best answers
i think that his legs need a little changing. i cant decide whether they are too thin, too long or both :)

Best answers
Originally posted by [J]
oh come on the new one looks better from so many angles, and i can make it thinner in 2 secs. dont forget, its 800 polies less

do you honestly think the old one looks better?

OLD

NEW
Yes. Yes I do. The old one looks more like the new sonic from Sonic Adventure: it is thinner, and the head is actually the right size. Not to mention its sneakers are more like the new Sonic's sneakers. Yours looks SD (super deformed) because of that gigantic cranium you gave him, and his shoes are pointy like the old Sonic's shoes.

Best answers
in the front view it looks like his head is way to thin to me......
further more the model looks good

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
personally, i dont really care whitch model is gonna be used, im gonna have a try at animating the old version of sonic, although i doubt i'll achieve anything..

[J]

Best answers
jesus im making the old shoes becuase the new ones are a ***** to model and skinmap and skin ok? besides im goin old school :D Its kinda funny everybody likes the old set of shoes, i didnt even model them after sa2. i just gave him generic sneakers :/

+ the polylow in the old one is absolute garbage, it was 800 polies more with 2 fingers, and face was ****ed :p

i know you all want a different version of sonic (dammit theres millions of em) but here it is im not changing much else.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
That is one kick ass model, I'll give you props on that one dude, it's come pretty far, niiice! :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dumm....dumm....

neednt i say more??
ps: he's a little bit big cos i needed to resize him to fit the skeleton, i'll resize it soon, also, ive made his swoop so he curls into a ball and spins like crazy ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bleh... do i care??? no... like it and shut up f00 ^_^
anyways... its mostly cleaned up now, resized to an accurate size, although the animations aint top notch, then again, im not a pro animator, lol, anyways, sonic is 100% compleate as i can do it, im gonna remodel it so its super sonic as the trans, then im done

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom