Best answers
I had some questions that needed answering about how to draw like DBZ-type characters, and I thought David could help me, I asked him about the hair, hands, and eye-brows it was so cool of him to reply back so quickly! I got lots of useful info, how the line's (inside the hair) can actually shape the way it moves, in ssj and how in normal hair you don't really need that just a good out-line of the hair, an so on..Folds are another big problem I have, I really suck at detailing cloths.. forgive my katana man picture lol, at the time I could have sworn it looked great..

Any ways here's a vampire character I made, here.

BTW: His name is Sean Adams I couldn't think of a cool anime name for him so I just made him a cool original name, he is hundreds of years old cause he's already dead!! :devgrin: (no crits about the boots plz.. Its a perspective drawing..)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is great, and it has a very nice style to the pic, but it has 1 or 2 problems, the sholders dont look too natural, and the boot closest to us is a little too big, i'd make it a little smaller

Best answers
I can see where it may have problems been noticing them since I put it on the site, the bust end of Sean is to squared off on one side, the other side, his pants go straight for all the way down his thigh, and as you had said, his shoulders are to close together. but I thank you guys for the great crits!! :]

Best answers
Nice one, the folds look just right to me. Only if it;s a vampire... where are the fangs???

Best answers
lol yeah sorry bout that, I did draw some fang but the picture had to be at a lower quality so I could show you guys. :cry:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
he looks he has gone ussj, but i like the concept. the neck seems a little thin for the body but i give it a.............8/10

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that looks pretty good but that boot. When i saw it I was like WHOA, but the more you look at it the more you notice that its not really that miss sized. but I like your style more and more as you develop it. good work.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good drawing but... If hes a vampire make him appear like one. Right now it just looks like some guy form DBZ who would help Goku...

Best answers
I mite agree with what you're saying, but the only things if any I could or would change about Sean is probably giving him black hair to go with his dark persona.. but I did give him piercings, fangs and even combat boots with G.I. pants and belt. I mite be willing to like draw some longer hair but.. I'm not into gothic/rocker looks.. I did think he would look just fine with dark red, spikey hair with orange highlights but then again.. If you mean like clothing wise, I'd love any examples you'd be willing to produce for me to see what exactly he should look like. As for the old 'myths' about vampires staying out of the day-light, I desided that wouldn't be the case with this character. He is hundreds of years old however.. ;/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
need to work on the head and face,other then that it rox.

Best answers
You might want to look over here to make it look more DBZ-ish,should help a bit

http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/tutorial/charactersmain.html

As for the drawing,I could say try to lower the shoulders a bit,looks like he has big shoulder plates hidden there o_O

and clothes don't float in midair,try making it look like there's gravity....unless your vapire is some sort of telekinetic vampire type,in which case it doesn't apply

Best answers
The shoulders look very normal.. USSJ!!

I like the style, its pretty original :D

Best answers
Wow, Very clean! I'm loving this.. Would you mind if I cged it for fun? :eek:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm... to dbz-esque in my eyes, looks like a dodgy trunks. if he's an achient vampire, he's gonna need a ripped cloak, teeth, evil grin, and old clothes, not newish :p

oh, think up a good name, like draycor, o_O

Best answers
I'm glad for your input, shijing and the others.. But its my character and even though you're just giving friendly advice of sorts I feel as though you think this character is made for your minipulation.. First let me just say that this IS a fictional character, he isn't made to go into any part of DBZ (as you know it), he is drawn up from my ideas and expressions. It really pains me to see such detailed follow-up crits about my new character. He is hundreds of years old, he is also a vampire, his cloths may not be gothic or old and ragged but he is still my creation, I of course will make any further changes that I feel need to happen but please don't make it seem as though he is your character to minipulate.

BTW: Thanks again for the great crits on Sean, I'll post more pictures of him in the future, I'm thinking of changing some things, like his look in general. L8! :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom