Best answers
well, looks like we all got lots to say here...lol.

nice work on the Wolverine Rene. i love your artwork, best handdrawings ive ever seen

Best answers
I'm going to be doing a anime picture next, but i will have to run it past Hsu first to see if it will be allowed on the forums, its not a nude anime picture but its not far off from it if you now what i mean ^_^

Just throught i would draw one like that for fun

Going to take my time with it aswell to make it as good as i can. Just hope Hsu allows me to post it.

Best answers
Wow....that Wolverine is super coolio. I think it looks fine. Except, you forgot his beer can, bub. :D

Best answers
Hehe i have finished my latest piece of work, i just need to send it to Hsu in IRC first to make sure that i can post it as it is, or i will need to block out some of the stuff.

But expect it as soon as Hsu appears ^_^

Best answers
Again if you read carefully, you'll notice that I said you didn't use skeletal lines, which makes your "fine detail" a little less believable in the sense that you didn't measure anything out, nor use anything to reference proportions from the original to your piece. Yet you managed to create a near exact representation of the body. If necessary I will use less complicated grammatical structure from now on.

My issue here is inconsistency. You claim to have a "kine eye" for detail, which by the way is saying in archaic english that your eye is related to you, yet the separation of detail between the things you claim are based on reference and the things you claim are original are enormous. I suppose it's possible that you just became so overly specialized in shading that your face skills are weak, but that seems unlikely. Another blow to your "kine eye" defence is that where you appear to have skill in point to point duplication, you lack a great deal of discipline in drawing. The lines are inconsistent, dare I say even sloppy, which is generally something that people fix after practice in freehand drawing. Of course, it is possible that you didn't evolve in such a way.

You also claim that the head in the picture at the beginning of this post is original. And I suppose that it is possible that in a completely original way your style evolved exactly like Klamp Studios.

Do you have a style fo your own? Can you draw something completely original without a reference pic?

Best answers
I'm not even going to start an argment with you because plainly i don't see the point, i draw and post them here and i enjoy my drawing, and its a shame that someone like you has to come in here and be a right tit and start to flame at someone for no reason apart to say Hay that picture if from a comic book cover "WHO GIVES A FLYING F**K"

i don't give a **** if use grammatical structure, the point of the fact is your an ******* that gets his kicks from making people look like stupid retards when in plain fact your one youself. So does us all a favour and stop posting in this thread.

Just like to add to the fact i've past a complaint onto the Mod "whom i now" about your are flaming in my thread which i now in some way you want it to be closed down...

and who the **** are Klamp Studios...

Go and post your unless infomation somewhere else, were people with low IQ and the same manner as you have the time to read them.

Thank You and Good Bye

Best answers
Let that be the last flaming thread please, or settle it somewhere else. We want to see drawings here, not a lock on this thread. ;)

Best answers
First off, it's a free country, so think whatever you want. And I have never had the intention of flaming you. Careful reading will show that I never attacked you. I don't even use coarse language. Regardless of what you may think, I also don't get my jollies from making people look stupid. As it is anyway, most of the time people make themselves look stupid. But that is beside the point, the problem I have here is plain and simple.

There are exactly two things in this world I don't like: 1)People who don't take responsibility for their actions, 2)People who disrespect women and children. I feel tracers/rippers fall into that first category. There's nothing wrong with tracing or borrowing other's work when you own up to it as a learning aid. In the very beginning of my drawing career I did the same. But when you try to pass other people's work off as your own, that is fundamentally wrong in any line of work. Up to this point I have not directly accused you of anything, though I must say your sudden defensiveness is curious in itself. I have presented things that I find questionable, doubtful, and inconsistent. People can make their own judgements.

Completely original work of similar quality would immediately be acceptable to me. Not that my opinion should be the crux of your existence.

And for your edification, Klamp studios is responsible for a large variety of manga and anime titles, the most popular of which are Sailor Moon, Magic Knights Rayearth, and the recently releases X: The Movie. Though they are not quite to my taste in style, I have to give them a great deal of credit. They are a large chunk in the foundation of modern Japanese popular art.

Best answers
Guys i will be remaking this thread once i see Hsu.

This Guy MrDomino is just making me out to be someone i'm not, the drawings i have done here are down by my own hand, i have use reference to make myy drawing, because i like Anime... i don't have to give credit to the orginial artist, because i don't know his or her name.

If i wanted to trace/ripper artwork i would state it on the posts the only one which looks odd was the Wolverine picture which i said i used a few reference pictures to draw it, when i used only 1 reference picture "With i never traced".

You have to understand there are people in this world that are talent, i don't care if you reply with more comment about your bull**** remarks about other Japanese artist. The point of the fact is i posted pictures here for others to view. YOU will also see in my orginail work i never used any reference pictures, but for the others i state i used reference pictures.

MrDomino with all your talking i haven't seen any action..
where is your artwork to backup all this talking you have been doing. hmmmmmm.......

so MrDomino do me a favour and the others that posted in this thread don't follow us and course more trouble, because if you do it makes you out to be the worst out of us 2 that wants to start trouble and before you say anything.... Yes its a free country, but who give a ****.

All i see from your posts here and in other threads that i looked at with your in them, are posts of saying "you ripped that... or you used this or that"

But out of those i haven't seen you post any of your work, is this because you now alot about artwork but can't even draw!!!!

or is it you just like to make yourself out to be something your not.

from this i will say good bye and i hope i don't see you again, because from here on you have been added to my ignore list, and all posts or PM's will be forwards to mods where further action will be taken if you start following me in my future posts. And don't think with me ignoring you thinks that you have won and i have lost you the things you have said about me are true, because there not. I'm just sick of people like you... So Bye Bye

Best answers
For someone who feels it necessary to personally insult my intelligence, you have an interesting lack of coherence and poor sentence structure. That's commonly referred to as "the pot calling the kettle black." But again that's really not the point.

Do me the favor of not putting words in my mouth. Or in this case in my fingers. I have not done the same to you. I have never, as you say, claimed you were anything. I simply do not at this point believe you entirely. That's personal. All I have done is given observations, which I suggest are simply possiblities. I also understand that there are people in this world that "are talent." I've seen many. Again it is a possiblity that you are one of them, but I'm not convinced as yet.

As for the question of artwork, I have not posted any of my own because I do not want people to think I am some kind of authority in this subject. I am a learner as much as anyone. However, if this is an issue, I will post what little I have uploaded.

First, something I put together a while ago after FFVII came out.
FFVII

An FFVIII thing I did for a friend, based loosely on the rendered image in the back of the manual:
FFVIII

A commisioned piece done for a friend of a friend based on literary characters they created:
SnD

A character sketch for an MGS2 wallpaper I am currently working on:
Snake

Sketch 2:
Raiden

If you want to see a little design work, I designed the logo, font, masthead, flash intro, and site banner for
Mcflyboy.com

I don't really have anything current uploaded, and unfortunately a lot of this is in the rough. Most of the time I when I upload something it's because someone I know needs something quick. I'm working on another commisioned piece as we speak, which hopefully will turn out well.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr Domino, please stop . . . you had no intention of flaming him, yet you felt free to tear his work down. While your criticisim is always allowed in an artwork thread please don't push a negative view of anothers work too far. He cited refrence work, and that should be fine for you unless you would like him to include the original artist name.

Wordiness is poor grammar as well, so get to your point before you write an essay on the finer points of artistic plagerism.

In addendum, both of you flamed in the end, so both of you broke the rule. I would like both of you to calm down.

. . . or else ;/

Thank you.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well to get on topic again, I like your artwork a lot Rene, especially the wolverine

and Mrdomino, I think ur work is awesome too, and original, ur msg2 work is top notch

keep it up u both

grtz Naz

Best answers
Well I am currently learning to draw manga on my own ,and I usually take someones pic ,look at it and then draw it .Is that tracing ?That is a good method cuz usually when I finish I like it and that fuels me to draw more and as I continue to draw I pick up techniques to drawing surten things like facial features ,shadows ,body parts and clothing.

In search for more things to draw could you ,SSJ_ReNe ,draw Piccolo or Freeza running .It would really help me.

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom