Best answers
How do i make mountains and stuff with hammer.
those mountains just like in esf maps. :confused:

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It requires making basic shapes, then using the clipping tool and vertex manipulation to create natural looking shapes.
It isn't hard to get errors doing things with those tools though, so just take time and practice, and see what you can come up with.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
im still working on a tutorial ho to make such things/how to use triangle brushes ... but im really busy atm so i dont know when its finished :/

Bolteh2

B
i bet some maps (like that river map) are made with a terrain generator :x

cuz when you do mountains be hand they usualy look better than the ones in that map

basicly its triangle shaping (vertex edit, do NOT clip, i repeat DO NOT clip to recreate hills)

Best answers
S-Bolt-- said:
i bet some maps (like that river map) are made with a terrain generator :x

cuz when you do mountains be hand they usualy look better than the ones in that map

Zero doesn't use terrain Generators... those mountains were done by hand. This next map I am doing I am trying to take what he has done the the next level... you'll see... the terrain looks damn good! :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
esf_STRYKER said:
Zero doesn't use terrain Generators... those mountains were done by hand. This next map I am doing I am trying to take what he has done the the next level... you'll see... the terrain looks damn good! :)
yep, it looks 50x better done with hand...and less r_speeds and bragging rights/pride!

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
it takes more time to do such things by hand but its really worth it... every n00b can use terrain generators... pfft

Bolteh2

B
with all do respect but river looks like its done by terrain gen (LOOKS like it) i belive you that its done by hand, but you can do much better with hand than that :x

Best answers
the mountains in the map do look a lil bit pyramid-like, but I wouldnt say, that it looks like it was done by a terraingen!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom