Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Hey guys, i finally made my first attempt at a model, please feel free to tell me what i should improve, any links to tutorials would be a bonus, ive only been tryin to model for a week

thx in advance
O_O

Attachments

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
has a little potential
seems pretty good for a first

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
hey not bad for your first model bro. when u make the forearms make them shorter. and if you could upload your model and let us take a look at it with our modelling programs. then we could help you out even more. i have some links that might help you out too. but im not at my computer right now, and i dont remember the links. So i will post them up later. Just Don't give up and keep on trying.

ZuL

Best answers
ehm

Did you skin it too? i think i can spot a skin there... :paper:
VERY good for first model... ive made alot of models, but im still not better than you... :cry:

ZuL

(This sig was done really quick so dont complain :) )

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
update!

well, i took some advice and tried to shorten the forearms a bit, is it ok now? btw, how do i upload the file, i dunno how

Attachments

Best answers
looks very nice but the shoulders arnt in preportion with the body

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
thx for the positive advice guys

youre right about the shoulders tien, but thats easy enough to scale down if it doesnt suit the style i create "which im unsure about yet, bein my first model" ill do somethin with it, btw, as i was playin with 3ds, i discovered how easy it was to modify the torso into the start of some saiya jin armour..... any feedback?

:fight:

Attachments

Best answers
Nice model, Whos it of? if you dont know, i think you should choose before continuing

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
good question

well, i'd really like to make it into Nappa, but i guess i could scale it into recoom, even burta? "unsure of spelling" But Nappa's always been a favourite of mine, ill probably use the torso base, and modify it a few times and see what results i can get goin for a few diff models, as i said, its my first, so i got a long way to go yet.

Thanks for your input guys.

BTW anyone want to try and skin what ive got so far? I'd like to see how good it could look

EDIT : new pic, gettin the hang of the legs now, i'd still like someone to skin it for me, just PM me or ask in this post, and ill arange to send a copy of it too you, ALSO! how the hell do i check the poly count in 3DSmax3 i only been doin this a week, and still dunno :cry:

Attachments

Best answers
I never modeling....

...but in my eyes it looks not bad. Do you know in the meantime who it would be?
But looks not bad!:yes:

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
finished ?

well, the bodys about as done as reckon im gonna do it for now, id still like someone to skin it for me, just a generic saiya jin armour and a skin, if anyones interested, lemme know

constructive critisism appreciated

Attachments

★ Black Lounger ★
Best answers
looks really good for your first model. If you can upload your model I would like to try and skin it.

one more thing, did you box model that model? cause if you did it would be really easy to make it into nappa. cause you can use the cut option.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Nice Model

Are you using 3dmax4 or Milkshape ???
it look realy cool

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
help!!!!

Im actually usin 3dsmax 3, cuz i inherited it from a friend, but i'd really like ver 4 one day, now. for the important part, HOW do i find out the poly count? and how do i get a copy of this to you Xstorsionist? any other potential skinners alos lemme know if ya wanna give this a go

Thx guys

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
FINAL!

OK! finally, after a whole bloody weekend on this model, and a weeks crash course in 3dsmax, I reckon i could call this thing done. I know ive omitted front and side armour plates, but hey! im only a n00b here. NOW! could someone please tell me how to put this up for skinners to get at? or please PM me if i can send this to you and see how it looks with a decent skin. ALSO , some animation wouldnt go astray either. if ya wanna mail me for further info or to be sent this model, contact me at silly_*******@hotmail.com

Thx once again to all those who helped with their input, its been priceless, hopefully my next model will be a lot better

EDIT! umm, the second word in my hotmail addy sorta rhymes with custard, and means ya dont have a father, sorry bout the auto censorship LOL as in [email protected]

Best answers
Looks good...

...but i think the head is a bit too small!
Who is it?

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
good question

Well, i made the head that size to emphasize the rest of his bulk, Unfortunately, its sorta sposed to be Nappa, but im not good enough yet to do the groin and thigh armour, so i had to compromise, but........... i guess ya could just say its a generic big Saiya jin d00d, that said, anyone who wishes to skin it has full license to do so as they wish once they contact me and obtain the model

Thx again guys/gals?

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
GRR

wish i knew how to change the file in the edit option, it didnt seem to be workin, Well, i upsized the head a bit, and modified the groin region so he looked a bit better, that should do it
Comments? Skinners? Animators? Anyone? lol

Thx again ppl

Attachments

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That modek is brilliant for a first model if you can keep it up you will be very very good in the not to near furture.
Could you post a picture of it smoothshaded please.

BrunO

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom