Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a light_environment, and many lights and light_spots. (Whats the difference?)
Its gotta be that error...man this sucks. I gotta fix it! :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Light_Environment makes the sky light up and Light makes a little area light up.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, I meant what is the different between light and light_spot?
I haven't seen a light_spot entity for any other mods, unless I wasn't looking hard enough. o_o

*EDIT* - This error is driving me nuts...I've spent hours now removing brushes and compiling to see if the error is still there...
Here's a roundup of screenshots taken from Worldcraft. (For people who don't know about the Worldcraft, the green boxes are player spawn locations, and the blue wall is the place where the sky is rendered, it won't look like that ingame ;) )

Those are probably the last major updates I will do to the map, unless miraculously I can fix the error, then I will addon more areas. I doubt anyone would use my map even if the light worked correctly anyway...but enough of that. Do you think I should release it for download (and laughs) even if it I cannot fix the problem...? :(

Best answers
Heres an analogy that might help you.

A light is like putting a light bulb in an empty room. The light will shine in all directions.

A light_spot is like shining a flashlight against the wall in that empty room. The light is focused on a single point.

For a light, you'd just place it where you wanted the light to emit from. To use a light_spot, you have to put a light_spot where the light will be originating from, and then put an info_target where you want the light to be shining. Set the light_spot's target property to the info_target. For example, if you were recreating the flashlight example, you'd put a light_spot in front of the flashlight, and an info_target on the wall where you are pointing the flashlight.

Pretty sure thats how light_spot's work. Hope that helps! :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that light error is simple, 0 light entities = full light ...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I HAVE light entities, if you would have read the whole thread you would have seen me say that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom