💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how to make something very simple look nice.
step 1
open photoshop and set your canvas to 1024 x 768

step2
make the background a color that doesnt hurt the eyes

step 3
cut out an image of your choice that is somewhat high quality and colors compliment the bg color

step 4
get some sort of design(i chose a konji) and then change the opacity and make a couple copys of this image and then play with it making some sort of design

step 5
lay down some text. nothin fancy readyable yet not to plain and wham. u should get something that looks like this or completely different depending on what design u chose to make.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/1957693

anyway can i get some crits on the simple wp lol

Best answers
That's not bad, but what does the Kanji mean? If I were to guess I'd say something to do with housing, which doesn't really jive at all with the picture.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i really dont know t tell the truth. it was on the image i had of her so in it went. i just thought it looked good. the only konji i know is banzai

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOL, when I read the topic, I thought it was going to be another one of those funny trend whore tutorials for cutting and pasting.

Good wp, nice and simple, just like it says...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by MrDomino
That's not bad, but what does the Kanji mean? If I were to guess I'd say something to do with housing, which doesn't really jive at all with the picture.
Its a type of flower... actually goes nice with the pic
Its simple... I like it... Its not something made with bryce... the reflective spheres.... and stuff... and its not trend whore...
It looks nice too :D Easy on the eyes

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like what you did with that, very simple, nice and clean. I like it. One thing that you might want to change is to take out all of those small versions of the kanji, I think it would look nicer without them.

Best answers
So this is how to make cutouts of images?
Or just to make simple bgs....
looks good :yes:
heres how I do it to cut out images out of images...(works good with low quality images)

Paste your image
Select the magic wand lasso tool. Set anti-aliasing on. turn on contiguous so you only select the bg part. set the tolerance to about 10 to 35 depending how high quality the image is. Select the bg. Hit backspace.
That only works for images with solid bgs.

This way for images with lots of bg in them.
Paste image
Select polygone lasso tool keep feather off and anti-aliasing off. and cut out the image with small corners (You wont be able to see the edges if you do it good enough. Redo the border on the image (like a new black border) or smudge the old bg or the bg color you want into the edges of the image so it fades from the color you want into the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom