1.3 Tien Modelling Contest

Best answers
Outfit :
http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/tien/clothesn.jpg

I would recommend either frieza/android/cell outfit for the first model.
And dragonball/saiyan for the 2nd. But the choice is yours ^_^

Animated Attack Pictures :
Not too easy to see these as they move fast, but here are some moving pictures of how Tien's attacks work.

Here is a picture of Tao using dodompa (animated) in the dragonball series.
Tien and chaiozu both know this move too , i think Tien uses it against Goku.

Here is Tien's four arm technique shiyooken (animated) [for those of you making a four armed 2nd form]

Here Is Tien using Shin-Kikoho (animated)

Here Is Kikoho (animated)

Still Images :
Tribeam
Solar Flare
Four Arm Form [Those of you making 4 armed 2nd form]

All Attacks Tien Must Have Animated :
Melee
Ki blasts
Generic Beam/Generic ball
Dodonpa [Similar to Finger Laser]
Taiyoken [solar flare]
Kamehameha
KiKou Ho [Tribeam]
Shin Kikoho [Tribeam]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This should save you the job of hunting through the big tien thread we had :p
Good luck to all you Modellers/Skinners/Animators
p.s I have Tien sounds just about ready now, unless someone else or FreeDom wants to make a better one to include.

Best answers
About four arm technique: Why not making it as a sub-model so Tien uses it in his special-Combos (like Trunks uses his sword)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hah, this is going to be fun ^_^ It's going to be interesting to see the finished product.
Lortinak, not a bad idea. Might look a little odd with the arms just appearing there though?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well maybe you can do it when entering advanced melle you got your idle stance he can perfom it then =)
or just use it in the special combos

Best answers
I think Four Arms should be in there somehow, transformation, attack, whatever... I think it'd be pretty good to see in game. Any of you modellers/skinner/animators out there should consider it.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wonder what a four-armed kikoho would look like XD

Best answers
I edited Sonics post on top. Read the more specific requirements there.

Best answers
you guys could make 4 arms a combo or something ... or a trans even tho its actually an attack, you could also make a combo were theres a multiform sequens and he then bashes the opponent then goes back to one. i like the idea hope to see some cool models.

Best answers
Pcjoe said:
Might look a little odd with the arms just appearing there though?
But if you use it as a transformation, they also "just appear".
I don't fink it would be possible to make a smooth animation of the arms popping out.

Best answers
i personally want to avoid the 4 armed tien at all costs haha, i think it looks freaking retarded :p.

Shyuin: Thx for that little ref drawing of Tiens clothes, not sure if u made it but it will sure help get the point across to people of what i meant about his costumes!

Good luck all, I hope to have some decent challengers in the skinning department, oh and one more thing I think should be a rule...

NO RIPPING PREVIOUS MODELS, NO MODEL EDITS, NOTHING OF THE SORT, ALL NEW MODELS AND SKINS!!!!!!

Calm down... ripping and edits without permission are already against the rules. There's no rule against editting a model to create a Tien for this contest, but you'll probably look bad to the rest of the community if you're one of the only ones editting instead of building a model. Besides, it seems like a fairly obvious "unwritten" rule anyway. ~Boyster

Can't stress that point enough in these forums

Best answers
Angry Karrot said:
i personally want to avoid the 4 armed tien at all costs haha, i think it looks freaking retarded :p.

Shyuin: Thx for that little ref drawing of Tiens clothes, not sure if u made it but it will sure help get the point across to people of what i meant about his costumes!

Good luck all, I hope to have some decent challengers in the skinning department, oh and one more thing I think should be a rule...

NO RIPPING PREVIOUS MODELS, NO MODEL EDITS, NOTHING OF THE SORT, ALL NEW MODELS AND SKINS!!!!!!

Can't stress that point enough in these forums
lol, is he a mod? I don't think so.

And as it would be hard to model the best tien costume (with the cape) i guess i don't expect it. And i don't think i would like the 4 armed version if you can't get it to work smoothly, and the trans should probably be the shirtless.
:talk:

Best answers
Why not forget about the 4 arms for now, I mean he already has a good number of attacks. Besides it sounds like it would be difficult to implement at the time. /shrug I don’t know that’s just my view on it. Unless they make it an actual attack mode with animations like a transformation?

Best answers
i will make the caped one asap, i just wannafinish skinning my first version first :p what do you guys think of it?(its in my post, a few posts up there)

Best answers
Amitron said:
lol, is he a mod? I don't think so.

And as it would be hard to model the best tien costume (with the cape) i guess i don't expect it. And i don't think i would like the 4 armed version if you can't get it to work smoothly, and the trans should probably be the shirtless.
:talk:

did I say or imply I was? DIDNT THINK SO! idiot, just because I posted a rule I THINK should be implemented, doesn't make me a mod no, or is it because I stated my OPINION on the four armed version of Tien? hmmm maybe thats it! Read posts more clearly next time

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The way you said it was very mod-like, which is why I editted your post. I'm a super mod, and if I think you were being too mod-like, you were. This argument ends now.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
The way you said it was very mod-like, which is why I editted your post. I'm a super mod, and if I think you were being too mod-like, you were. This argument ends now.
Exuse me for opening it , but what does it mean being very "mod-like" . I seem to have missunderstood part of that .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
' Mod like= performing in an act that only the likes of the mods should perform, or more commonly, shouting at someone for not doing the rules when you have no power at all '

anyways.. the four arm combo thing would look a little silly, as it would be very complex and it would leave possible mess ups, its very possible, but a little too complex for such a minor thing.. i'll give it a try on a technique i got, i'll use goku for an example for now, i'll post a vid if it works =)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have to add sounds, then its not really a modeling competition is it? I can not make sounds, so what, this counts me out?

And sepiroth nightmare, you asked for a opinion so here it is:

The model is badly built, wont animate, and is made of shapes.. Gl.. :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
CrackerJack said:
If you have to add sounds, then its not really a modeling competition is it? I can not make sounds, so what, this counts me out?

And sepiroth nightmare, you asked for a opinion so here it is:

The model is badly built, wont animate, and is made of shapes.. Gl.. :]
Maybe you could try making a deal with FreeDoM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom