1.3 Tien Modelling Contest

Best answers
Here are some more references:
http://www.dbgtn.com/index.php?dbgt=cel&char=tien

Good luck modelers!

I don't want to make a new post so here -> http://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...n_Ball/Tien/index2.html&type=jpeg&no=15&tt=49 more refs. The multiform pic is a good front ref.

Furthermore Alea has supplied me with several good quality refs taken directly from the series, so if anyone would like them you can contact myself or Alea over Aim and we can send them to you, to host, or just to use for yourself. ~Boyster

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
id enter just to work off the rust ive accumulated over my absence from the modelling scene, but i dunno if i wanna sit down and reteach myself the stuff again >_<, time will tell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Hurcule music plays in the background*

*Begins talking in a Hurcule voice* I dont know why ya'll are even entering in such an ultra level of competition. I have already one with my ubah leet model!! Click the images to See my ubah leet skillz!

*music continues playing*
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/ultratien!!.jpg
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/ultratien2!!.jpg
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/ultratien3!!.jpg

NOW FEAR ME AND WATCH AS 1.3 BECOMES THE ULTIMATE GAME EVER!

*music stops*

--===on the real==--
Anywho i have a fiew questions.
A.) How many people to a team?
B.) What is the deadline
and 3.) How Many trans?

Sorry if they have been asked/answered before... i shall read through it now and make sure.

Best answers
I think from the info i can gather the answers to teh questions de ice.
A) As many it takes as long as the required is done.
B) Doh, i don't know
3.) Most likely two, forms that is only one trans, as i believe sonic said the humans only get one trans.

Am i right?

O, and good like to all that enter, can't wait to see them.
And to teh nuttz. Why not enter your old tien model because I remember that to be pretty sweet.

And this is my favorite from of tien http://www.tenshinhan.netfirms.com/tenshinbuu.jpg
Unimportant...just felt like saying.
http://www.angelfire.com/anime2/tien/index4.html

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can we vote? Cause if so, iceman's got it, hands down...

And does the model's animations have to be compatible with someone on the current 1.2? or can it be all just compiled into a mdl file not compatible?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ice Man said:
--===on the real==--
Anywho i have a fiew questions.
A.) How many people to a team?
B.) What is the deadline
and 3.) How Many trans?

Sorry if they have been asked/answered before... i shall read through it now and make sure.
A.) As many as you want. If you all want to mold together into one big team you can, but then it wouldn't be a contest, would it?

B.) Yet to be decided. Try to get it done before 1.3 is released -_- the faster you can hammer out one worth using, the more likely Tien and the attacks you animate will make it in-game. We aren't operating on an official deadline yet but don't think you can make a model and then sit on it for three months before it gets animated.

C.) 1 transformation atm.

->D.) Compatibility- Theoretically if you model someone and all of their melee anims it should be compatible with any character, shouldn't it? All you'd need to do is animate the attacks specific to that character to replace that character. If you can't get the model in-game it'll be hard to see it in action now wont it? If you're going to make it compatible with anybody your best bet is probably Goku (Kame/Solar Flare/He's got a similar build).

Best answers
They modelers just need to make the animations for his hand and body gesters when Tien uses ki attacks and not actually make the animations for the ki attacks right?

I just want to make sure that when Tribeam (shin kikoho/kikoho) is made, that it looks the same in the series. Tien's hands should just glow (or maybe his whole body) when Tribeam is used; and there is no real beam that comes out of his hands, theres just the bright yellow flash. Tribeam is the thing that will either make or break Tien.

Best answers
Oh ,sounds challalenging . I'm in , if anyone has a decent model and needs a uvw/skin on it, I'll apply .

Best answers
i like teins blue outfit like in budakai 2 he wears it in gt if i remember correctly

Best answers
hell, I will enter this as the skinner (If some of you don't know, I am RHansen from Saviour of Strength) if someone approaches me with a good model to skin him, as for the 3 transformations, they should be as such:

First Stage: With White Cloak and Blue Shirt Overtop White Muscle Shirt Base

Second Stage: White Muscle Shirt Base Only OR Green Half-Tank

OR

Third Stage: Shirtless

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think rhansen it should be...

the cloak one he has white pants.. would look weird for it to switch from white to green in transformation

maybe the white shirt only, he takes it off and he has the tank top, then he'll take that off and be shirtless

the green half tank would look weird after takin off his shirt

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
weee! ive been looking for a reason to totally redo the entire meelee systems animations.. looks like ive found it :O

so if anyone models/skins it, i'll be glad to work on an entire new animation list, duration for this to be done: 1.5 weeks =)

ps: any change his vollyball fist attack will be put in? now that would be major fun =D

Best answers
Oh ? Even Rhansen joined ? This is going to be hell of a awesome showoff , if someone makes a good model that is . Ah well, best luck to us all ^^ .

Best answers
count me in, i will get started now but idont think it will be good enough to get into esf, hell i will give it a go non the less

Force Pit Member
Best answers
maybe i shall enter and take up RH on his offer........mwhahahahaha!

Best answers
Eclipse said:
maybe i shall enter and take up RH on his offer........mwhahahahaha!
Indeed,I can't wait to see it ;p .

Best answers
imkongkong said:
i think rhansen it should be...

the cloak one he has white pants.. would look weird for it to switch from white to green in transformation

maybe the white shirt only, he takes it off and he has the tank top, then he'll take that off and be shirtless

the green half tank would look weird after takin off his shirt
yes well if you aren't so appauled by the idea, how about its just the green pants with the blue top/cloak :O what a great idea!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i think he shoudl get shin-kikoho when he´s transed so you charge it and the more you charge the more often he fires. you should be able to move your crosshair while firing though .
well anyway i might join somebody as animator .
i don´t think my model could stand a chance against the others

Best answers
ive made some progress on my model, iam modelling the white tanktop/shirtless tien, ive used my buu model's torso as a base and made brand new arms, my only trouble that ill have is animating it if anyone is willing to help me on that when its finished please do so, ill post pics when i get off work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom