1.3 Tien Modelling Contest

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showpost.php?p=478469&postcount=179

harSens is looking for a fully animated "ESF-Quality" Tien model. If someone from the community can supply one, it will be put into 1.3, meaning that Tien will be put into 1.3 , and you will get credit for it. I imagine more than one person in the community wants Tien in, and I have seen Tien models in the past. Im sure some of you can pull together and make an awesome model or two. The real trick is that it needs to be fully animated as well, meaning every punch and kick, so it wont be the easiest task.

Anyone interested in hammering out a model in the chance that it will be entered into 1.3 can list themselves here and also show progress of their work here as they progress. Finished models can be submitted for review and the team will decide if they are ESF-worthy or not.

We need modelling support from the community for this one. If you're a Tien fan and you think you've got what it takes, take a shot at it.

[edit by harSens]
Basicly, the team won't do **** to add Tien, except putting him in the code. All the artwork will be done by fans. I'll request attack sprites later on.

As for more specific requirements:

Polygon limit
Normal version: 1400 max. We will include higher poly models (up to 3000 polies) later on, so feel free to create a high poly version too.

Animations
I'm fine with using a standard ESF skeleton and standard ESF animations, however I want to see at least the following custom animations:
- transform animations (all change_ animations)
- combo and combohit animations (all combo_ animations)
- ref_charge_tribeam, ref_control_tribeam/ref_shoot_tribeam
- ref_charge_dodonray, ref_control_dodonray/ref_shoot_dodonray
Also make sure the joints are inside the bodyparts they animate (by example the foot joint is inside the foot), and the attachments are placed correctly.

Sounds
Sounds are a big plus, the model should have sounds included in the .qc. You can use the ESF specific EVENTs 7100 (body sound channel) and 7101(voice sound channel) to add sounds in the .qc.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just a question, can basic animations such as the run and walk and turbo run that are the same on all 1.2 models be used on this too?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, finnaly, a modeling competition, im in, no problem. But I have some questions:

a) Can we use a defualt ESF skeleton, and maybe make some new custom animations rather then roding all of them?
b) What outfit/forms?
c) Can I enter with another person? (He animates, I model).

Best answers
ya, I want to enter, but I want someone else to skin my model. Also, for a custom skel, do you guys mind if I use a biped?

Best answers
woah ill enter as well :-D (buu and cell are on hold agian :p ) just wondering though, will a skeleton be provided to test his animated capability, or we just gotta test it with the default one, also whats the poly limit you guys are asking, iam assumming its 1500 since that was smo's piccollo's limit

(if enough people enter you should sticky this)

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have whoever you want skin your model, just make sure the finished product is modeled, skinned, and animated. Sounds would probably be a plus. There was an old sound pack for Tien released back in the 1.0 days, if you can find it, and if the author wont kill you, you can probably use that, just give credits.

1500 polies is probably a good aim. I'll try and get someone in here from the team to give better specifications.

Forms are, for the most part, whatever you want them to be, just be reasonable. It's been suggested Tien with Cape and Turban before trans (similar to piccolo) and without after, it has also been suggested that his four arm technique be his transformation. If you really want to go out of your way to animate / skin / model the four armed Tien for his transformation then goddamn, more power to you, big brownie points. Since most people probably wont want to go that far, you can stick with a basic Tien with / without cape/turban or with / without his shirt.

Try to animate his dodonpa ray, tri-beam, kame, solar flare, gen beam, ki blast, basic melee, advanced melee, eating a sensu, and any other attacks from other Tien threads that you wish to include. Just... don't invent new attacks, and don't go trying to animate something like multiform which probably wont get into the game. (Look to http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=41071&page=1&pp=20 and other big Tien threads for more attacks. There are references in those threads)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, im in, i have been looking for a modeling contest, so count me in :).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It sounds like the esf team doesnt know what they want. Get some final information about animations, forms, etc.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
http://forum.esforces.com/showpost.php?p=457986&postcount=104

Here are references.

He's a human and frankly the team doesn't care how he transforms. Like I said, since you'll be doing the work I doubt they'll care what you do so long as it is appropriate to the show. Your best bet is to animate all of the above attacks along with the generic ones I listed. If they choose not to use one of your attacks or something, no big deal, you just did a boatload of melee anims anyway.

I'll try and get more information, but for now, for those of you still interested, feel free to get started on the core model itself or collecting a sound pack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still havent got an answer to my original question, can we use a default skeleton?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jeesa calm down I'm working on the details. It is hard to get ahold of people. I'll edit this post when I have your answer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You'll need three models (2 transformed forms and 1 regular). So maybe do caped one, uncaped and then the final will be four armed.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doubtful, human forms thus far only get one transformation (Krillin only gets 1). Work on two models. If we need a third for some reason we'll let you know.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, me and Iceman are entering as a modeling/animating team.

One last question, is there a deadline?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im in.. as animator.. i havent modeled anything in ages o_O

-=Edit=-
Sorry lol.. didnt see cj's post =D

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm going to assume you can use a default skele, but don't think you can skip out on any animations. Every character has their own advanced melee animations which give them all their own unique feel in combat (Cell looks like a kick boxer for example). It'd probably be a better idea to make your own skelle to go with the model anyway so you can say the whole thing was yours and have more control over your custom animations.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dunno if im going to be able to do this, i cant find like ANY refs, hes not a very popular character.....Anyone got some good face refs?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
What do you mean he isn't popular -_- don't say that in any of the many Tien fan threads on these forums.

http://www.saiyanultimate.com/tienspics.html

Here are some face refs.

Feel free to start up your own threads once you get to work, just make a note it's for the contest and take off on it.
I know lots of people like him :p im just saying that he doesnt appear so much, so inturn arent many cels/image. I actually have been there XD i have looked everywhere, just found a nice side ref jsut need a front ref:\.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom