1.3 Tien Modelling Contest

Best answers
UPDATE:

I fixed:

*crotch area
*thumb
*triceps are now 2 balls :smile:

I can´t remember if that is everything i fixed...
Whatever, if i wana get good animations i have to add 4 extra polys to hold this REAL connection between shoulder and chest, or i have to use the simplier variant and safe some polys and got a standard connection.
I haven´t tried the standard connection right now, but i know it would work also good.

bolteh... when i looked a second time to ur model i found some other proportions mistakes...
I will show a pic of "myself" later, when i got more time to explain to you what´s wrong with your tien body :smile:
(it can takes looooong time... maybe ~1 day if i have bad luck ;/ )

Mario Ana... sorry, i am really too lazy for a drawover... btw, it´s looking much more like tien now :smile: BUT fix your hands!

bolteh again... i looked a third time at it now... the best is if you compare ur proportions to my tien proportions... u will maybe find out earlier than i make a pic of "myself" to explain to you what´s wrong :laff:

I hope u understood me

BTW, this manga pic is a really confusing perspective!! It seems that it´s a 99% a exactly front view, but it´s not! That´s why the legs are so short and the eyes so little and and and^_^... and i think it´s not drawed so well... a pro can draw it 100 times better in my opinion ;/

bolteh crits again: u will maybe hate me becaus i have so many crits, but i only wana help: u should add some knee joints on his legs, because he won´t animate very well like you have it right now...

EDIT: Do never forget that my model have also a mouth like the others :D :yes:

Best answers
Kreshi:

Great job man, that's a first rate model. A few points though, the arms seem thin, and the muscles on them seem a bit... I dunno, I can only say misshapen. I don't know much about anatomy, but it just doesn't look right to me. If anything, they're not as beefy as they should be.

Best answers
Your guy looks a little fat mario.....pull his body in around his waist a bit more (i know he has clothes on and all....but tien always has a very triangular shape to his torso)..also make his forehead a little taller...tiens forehead is huge...and finish the hands too. Looking much better though....very muscular and I like the muscular Tien better then the pinner tien of the older episodes....are you goin to do a shirtless or a shash version?? With your model it would definetly look awesome. GJ

I cant wait to see Kreshi's skinned....its definetly lookin sweet.

Maybe arms a little longer on your Bolteh? Im not sure...they just look a little short to me.

edit: AHHh just saw mario want workin on it anymore....dont stop...its looking good.Ask around for a skinner/animator.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kreshis, your is not perfect, dont tell bolt to compare it to yours, your s looks nothing like tien imo, Bolts is much better. Bolt just has to buff him up.

Best answers
CrackerJack said:
Kreshis, your is not perfect, dont tell bolt to compare it to yours, your s looks nothing like tien imo, Bolts is much better. Bolt just has to buff him up.
I dunno....Kreshi's seems to be more Old DB style tien and Bolteh's is newer more DBZ'ish tien....theyre both good in their own ways.

Best answers
Scruffie said:
Kreshi:

Great job man, that's a first rate model. A few points though, the arms seem thin, and the muscles on them seem a bit... I dunno, I can only say misshapen. I don't know much about anatomy, but it just doesn't look right to me. If anything, they're not as beefy as they should be.

You are right! I know what you mean! I will fix that soon! And i will also change his elbows... they don´t have to be so detailed how they are now and because they are so "dangerous" built, the animations don´t look very well...

EDIT:

CrackerJack said:
I haven´t said my model is perfect, or that it´s better than bolteh´s... i wanted just to tell him to make his shoulders and other things buffer and stuff... that´s all :smile:

EDIT2:

CJ... i crit so much, because bolteh´s model have a big potential... and I think potential have to be promoted :]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Never compare a model to another model, I know that some modelers, including myself do not like it. I hate being compared, its like an insult. It shows that the person is trying to show pretty much that his is better, if you tell someone compare it to something, you wouldnt compare it to something worse, you would tell the person to compare to something better. And this concludes that your a hot head for thinking yours is better.

Its not, yours is a scrawny tien that looks like he doesnt eat. His rib cage is way to small, his abs go on the rib cage, and his pecs are too small. And i dont know what is going on with your arms.

This concludes CJ's "How to", see you tommorow class.

Best answers
CrackerJack said:
Never compare a model to another model, I know that some modelers, including myself do not like it. I hate being compared, its like an insult. It shows that the person is trying to show pretty much that his is better, if you tell someone compare it to something, you wouldnt compare it to something worse, you would tell the person to compare to something better. And this concludes that your a hot head for thinking yours is better.

Its not, yours is a scrawny tien that looks like he doesnt eat. His rib cage is way to small, his abs go on the rib cage, and his pecs are too small. And i dont know what is going on with your arms.

This concludes CJ's "How to", see you tommorow class.

Sorry for saying to "compare" it to my model... or whatever i said... i haven´t meaned to "compare" it! man.... sorry if my word choice was so bad, but my english sucks... my aim was to help him to fix his proportions like his shoulder proportions and stuff! And wtf is wrong with my arms o_O ... do u prefer extruded cylinder arms o_O
Should i show you my refs i used for the standard stage?

EDIT:

my standard stage ref:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ref you posted that dave made is good, but not for tien. Tien is much bigger. I dont need to see any other refs.

Best answers
damn, always the same blablabla :rolleyes: . i think bolteh will tell us when he feels insulted.

some sweet renders by SSC again.

@Cheeto: and only for you ;) i got pics of my newest version(yes i keep on tweaking) with a tighter waist and a lil optimised head(again). btw the head shape is right when i pose the model like in the ref kreshi posted. and what's up with those hands? tell me and i'll fix it.

Best answers
I think Kreshi needs his feet/ankles fixxed somehow ehhe, and the body be a little thicker, he has the cuts just isn't any mass to it.

Bolteh's looks like Chris Benoit the wrestler... he looks weird. His arms are stubby or something.

Best answers
CrackerJack said:
The ref you posted that dave made is good, but not for tien. Tien is much bigger. I dont need to see any other refs.
To fix the chest i used the manga pic.... but i let the construction of the muscels the same, if u know what i mean :]
But the manga pic have definitively to short legs...

EDIT:

mario ana...

they looked a bit strange in this pic

But in the new pics it´s much better :smile:
BTW, why don´t you model every finger?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He doesn't model all the fingers cause it increases the polygon number, and the limit in this contest is around 1500, which is about how much his model has.

Best answers
SuperSaiyaChris said:
He doesn't model all the fingers cause it increases the polygon number, and the limit in this contest is around 1500, which is about how much his model has.

I thought it´s 1700?????? o_O o_O o_O
I will also need to cut off some polys if the maximum is 1500 ;/
damn.... maybe i will really need cylinder arms ;/

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, the max in the first post says 1400, but everyone is stretching it up a bit

Oh, and Mario Ana's tien helped me practice rendering :) I recently got 3ds.

Best answers
heres another update on mine started skinning the back, hope it looks ok, iam still going to reskin some areas like the belt and maybe the pants

should i keep with the look of the pants now or try to go for this look for the pants like in the pic of the gender confused tien toy, it will take alot of work but ill try to go for the look below

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the head to neck connection is strange, smooth it out. ANd the pecs suck, make em smaller.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, there is a seam, where the back of the head and the neck connect. smooth that out and itll be good. I'll try to do a skinover of the pants, to see if i can do anything better :) and if i can i will post it for you. But right now seems as if you've fixed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom