1.3 Tien Modelling Contest

Best answers
ok update: made him a lil buffer and fixed the head. now only the legs left. i'll do them tonight :) .

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The neck looks really weird, it's shape resembles a cilinder too much. The rest looks good though.

Best answers
I was rooting for bolteh's since smo posted that pic, astounding. Great poltstructure and flow, and the most likeness. Can't wait for teh skinnage :p

Best answers
bolteh, your model looks very nice, but i also think that the proportions of that manga pic are wrong...
SV, your model looks also very nice, but the side looks really weird and the arms are also too long... u should follow bolteh´s suggest...
Cracker Jack, i think the stomach is looking a bit strange o_O
Try to fix it^_^
Mario Ana, i think it´s looking much better than before now, but u should search for more refs to correct ur proportions, because there are really a bit strange ;/

...... my Update:

DAAAAAMNNNNNNNNNNNNN lightings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can i switch that off in3dsmax??? That´s looking so bad with this damn white lightings :no: :no: O_O

*What i fixed:
-)whole arm
-)stomach+chest
-)legs
-)hands
-)head (i don´t know if u like the new head more,... if u like the old head more, please tell me and i will fix it :smile: )
-)some little things too^_^

*Things still to fix in my opinion:
-)triceps?
-)thumb?

anything else?^_^

Best answers
mario make the area around the neck more muscular or else make the neck shorter becaus now it looks like those indian people with the plates in their mouth and the rings around their neck ;)

kreshi i think you should fix the ears, they are sticking out to much or are to big cant put my finger on it

Best answers
Nightcrawler said:
mario make the area around the neck more muscular or else make the neck shorter becaus now it looks like those indian people with the plates in their mouth and the rings around their neck ;)

kreshi i think you should fix the ears, they are sticking out to much or are to big cant put my finger on it

hmmm big ears are important to catch Tien´s character... it´s really hard to get his character believe me and big ears are very important to get his head right:

BTW, that´s not really a perspective i showed ... if u would look at the model in a REAL perspective the ears would be definitivly smaller :smile:

I hope u know what i mean with REAL and UNREAL-Perspecitve^_^

EDIT:

BTW, which head do u prefer? :laff:

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tien's ears are tall, not wide kreshi, you made them stick out much too far to the side.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ears are the same size from the top of the eyebrows to the nose of the character, its a generic rule of proportions. And that manga pics porportions are about the best u'll find, drawn by sum1 who designed the character, a pro and had been drawing that character for years as he developed his style, you wont find a better ref, tiens upper body is huge in comparison to the rest of the body, imo, the only things wrong with urs kreshi is the crotch is too high, and the arms a little skinny round the back, ur new head is much better, but make the ear a little less in width.

Best answers
@Nightcrawler: i still fixed the neck.

@kreshi: could you plz make a drawover (proportions) cuz i really don't see anything very wrong (except some lil tweaks).
//Edit: it's possible that the proportions are screwed in my screens cuz ms3d does that when zoomin in too much.

@all others: here's une update pour you. the major shape is done.

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@David:

Thats why his ears are tall, his eyes curve upward and are higher than other "DBZ Eyes". Although then again, it isnt from the manga, so that could be it right there...

Best answers
actually i think the length is ok on Mario's neck...it is a bit wide though....Its looking better. Maybe if u want...you could leave his neck as it is and beef up his shoulders and chest for a more muscular Tien like the bottom ref Kreshi posted

Best answers
looks good... now all you have to do is skin the hands and fix the feet

Best answers
everyones models look really good keep it up
i wonder who will win

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJ Toast said:
decided to reskin the face hope it looks better :/

That makes me picture an Arabic person, I can't say why.. screams "Arabian Nights" to me ;/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The pecks are way to large. Make sure you find real life anatomy references.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom