do you like it?

• of course!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • what are you talking about willis?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be cool if you could go into sword mode for Trunks.

They way it would work is if you press 1 for melee, it would show the punches. If you press 1 again, then it would allow Trunks to weild his sword.

Now if you go into prepunches while wielding the sword, you would do slashes with the sword of 12 preslashes. Once you start a combo or before a throw at your last preslash you would put the sword away.

The wielding will basically be for simple melee. It would allow more damage to be taken off when use.

Now if you use your sword and are hit anyway with melee or a beam and are knocked back, you would drop your sword on the ground. The lockon box would be around your sword to signify where it would be. The sword would sort of have a set HP. If the sword is on the ground, someone can shoot blasts and destroy it. But not to worry! You will have your sword when you respawn again.

Now each Trunks character on a server will not be allowed to pick up any other Trunk's sword. Each sword would be specific for each Trunks player. No other character can pick up the sword, only Trunks.

If you ever played Marvel vs. Capcom, Captain America had his shield and would sometimes lose it. Would be pretty neat if Trunks could make use of his sword. Remember, if you wield the sword, you take a chance of it getting destroyed.

Best answers
Hey you're on a roll! I love this idea! It would make trunks a very interesting character.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
woops i forgot.

If you block with the sword in your hands, you would use the sword to block. someone throws ki balls at you, slash left slash right slash left.. cool huh?

if youre blocking with the sword and they throw prepunches, block with the sword slash left slash right to block their punches.

if they're able to get you in advance melee while your holding the sword, it would drop to the floor. would be the same if they grab you.

EDIT: melee struggles. if you go into a melee struggle and trunks has the sword wielded, then trunks would do a overhead slash downwards while the one struggle would hold the sword between his two hands. if trunks wins, trunks would do the combo slash thing with his sword. If the other player wins, the player would break the sword in two and the sword wont come back until respawn.

Best answers
imkongkong said:
woops i forgot.

If you block with the sword in your hands, you would use the sword to block. someone throws ki balls at you, slash left slash right slash left.. cool huh?

if youre blocking with the sword and they throw prepunches, block with the sword slash left slash right to block their punches.

if they're able to get you in advance melee while your holding the sword, it would drop to the floor. would be the same if they grab you.

EDIT: melee struggles. if you go into a melee struggle and trunks has the sword wielded, then trunks would do a overhead slash downwards while the one struggle would hold the sword between his two hands. if trunks wins, trunks would do the combo slash thing with his sword. If the other player wins, trunks would lose the sword on the ground.
Nice! Very dbzish.

Best answers
Nice idea.... very kool.
Only thing i gotta say abt it is that when trunks drops his sword and gotta pick it up again, wouldn't it be a little "messy"? Well it is a great idea cos personally i think Trunks is kinda weak and he hav pretty weak beams too, so i guess the sword could make him stronger and more popular....
(i'm not dissing trunks now, burning attack's pretty good)

Best answers
WOW dude that's great...
this should deffenetly be in esf...
lol u shud make more of these suggestions...
i really hope the esf-team will make this for the 1.21 release

Best answers
hmmm... but there must be a disvantage right? i mean, then what was the normal melee for??? ppl would only use it if the sword was not with them at that moment...

Best answers
If you use his sword (assuming this idea would go thru), it should be like a kick, where it takes longer to go through, and does more damage.

Best answers
I'd rather not this be in. At the moment trunks uses his sword in special combos (which there will be more of) and when doing a strong hit in any direction (although there are a couple of bugs with this being fixed)
It's fine as it is really, he should only gain the extra attack as a bonus in his combos, and not all the time. Besides its more unique then.

Best answers
actually it would be more unique to have a sword used in regular melee. and about what you said about normal melee what is it used for.. you can always use normal melee.. however when you use the sword you take a chance of not having it.. it's like you better be careful when to use it. if you're always using it it would most definetly be destroyed.. think of marvel vs capcom 2.. captain america and his sheild.. i think it's a great idea

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thanks everyone for the comments.. i guess people like this idea.. i do too :laff:

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how much new animation would this take?

But i like it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the basic melee animation, blocking, prepunching, swatting, being hit for dropping the sword, double the amount for all those for trunks

then for the melee struggles i'd say.. double the amount of animations for trunks, then double the animations for each character for holding the sword in the animation.. also add a combo animation for trunks to finish them off if he wins

would also require coding if im not to be mistaken

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i kinda like this idea, it would really give Trunks a reason to use again, right now hes kinda useless even Gohan is better X_x

good job on this idea (i dont really say that one often = \)

Best answers
But .. it sounds like this would take ages to do ? Code i mean

*edit* It sounds like a good ideah tho... but i think it should have more of a disadvantage... like if you have the sword out .. and somone prepunches you .. the prepunches take of double or something .... it seems like this sword thing is all advantages..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as a lot of people said, the melee makes trunks unique.. i think it's fine the way it is

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Raiden, Trunks has a disadvantage, he sucks with beams....so he can really use this sword to give ppl a reason again to chose him (except for SSJ)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand why trunks sword is like another weapon. It's exactly the same like all the others (except 4 the gib thing). What im saying is that it should be more uniqe than only more damage or different looking struggle. Besides, what u suggested is mostly a disadvantage. Add something btter plz.

Best answers
I agree with the suggestion that Trunks' sword should be used. If ESF considers this suggestion, it lets the player using Trunks take even more control of the character, further immersing them in the Dragonball universe.

To be honest, I'm not sure what ESF's goal is, but is creating a game that immerses players in the universe of Dragonball Z one of them? If it is, I think this is a great suggestion to consider to take ESF one step closer to that goal.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
trunks sword should do more damage than a regular simple melee attack.. it should also have much more range, even more than a kick.. plus it would be much faster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom