Steam ESF 1.2.3 Server Problem

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hello to ESF Fans i need your help i have steam and Half Life 1 on the steam
1)now i join in server it name is ECX RC1 RC2+AF and on steam it need to save on auto
and on the first times i get in this server it save to me and after few days it not save me
no i need to upgrade my PowerLevel every time and i cant play like that
2)there is more server it called ECX RC1 RC2+Big Pack 8.4 and i cant play on it
it have error message Server is overflowed (something like that)
Someone can help me on my problems ???
Tnx For Help EveryBody !!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its valves fault. They made changes to HL with engine/ path changes. In other words they have broken EVERY half life 1 mod to be released to this day.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Its valves fault. They made changes to HL with engine/ path changes. In other words they have broken EVERY half life 1 mod to be released to this day.
and there is no way to fix it up ???
please it is stupid to start my powerlevel every time on the start
Tnx For Help AnyBody !!!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well you can get the game working by placing it in the new directory (steam/steamapps/common/half-life), but the servers are not showing up on the list, because the hosting part wasnt properly updated/reconfigured. There is nothing you can do. You can easily connect to a server as long as you know its IP. So unless someone has the full set of ESF server IPs, we are boned.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People seem to have problems with FPS higher than 100. In CS, at least.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Oh thanks! 300 FPS that's rad! And wohho ho! There is a beta server on that list!!! I'm jones'n! Applying this new update now. I guess I'll have to move the esf folder, but that's no problem. (I think)

indeed
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I have a strange bug with the new update in ESF 1.2.3.
When i load a map the cam view is broken (i move the mouse but the cam just only rotate [?]), i fix it pressing ESC... and then Resume Game (?).
---

And now it seems that is no longer exist the D3D option (DirectX) in the menu Options...

This will not affect ESF 1.3, no? (engine updated - optimized for OpenGL API)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have a strange bug with the new update in ESF 1.2.3.
When i load a map the cam view is broken (i move the mouse but the cam just only rotate [?]), i fix it pressing ESC... and then Resume Game (?).
---

And now it seems that is no longer exist the D3D option (DirectX) in the menu Options...

This will not affect ESF 1.3, no? (engine updated - optimized for OpenGL API)
Thats probably because they went to Linux. D3D means Direct X and that doesnt work on Linux. It wont affect us, since we have been using Open GL from the beginning.

As for the mouse thing. Ive had that to. No idea why it happens but im betting it has something to do with the update. For now just use the escape thing to fix it.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You can easily connect to a server as long as you know its IP. So unless someone has the full set of ESF server IPs, we are boned.
EU:
108.61.254.141:27015
217.163.27.151:27015

US:
66.55.137.182:27015
68.232.172.101:27015

Password on passworded server(s): NoNoobs (Yes, capital Ns)

Those are my (clean 1.2.3) servers, so you can go there without too much disturbance usually.

Or well..

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
because the hosting part wasnt properly updated/reconfigured.
What do you exactly mean? Also, if you have a problem you should instantly report it at their github thing, else it won't get fixed and do you do it too late, too bad.

People seem to have problems with FPS higher than 100. In CS, at least.
There are a lot of FPS problems atm, and people are really having problems figuring out how to fix it. I collected a few fixes over time.

Too high fps?

As for CS, make sure you have opted into the beta, both on half-life and CS. (I guess this counts for ESF mods as well, so do it with HL (+CS). You do it by going to the 2 games on your Steam --> Library --> ESF --> Right click --> properties --> Beta tab and select "beta-beta" repeat the same with Half-life 1 and CS 1.6. Now, if you don't own CS ignore the CS part.
fps_max 101 (or whatever value you want, if you want a value higher than 100 (although fps shouldn't affect movement anymore in the final version, then fps_override 1)
fps_override "0" (the new "developer" but only for FPS, since the game exceeds 100 by default now without the use of developer 1)

Can't exceed 60-70 fps?
Now, you don't need to do it by nvidia anymore I guess. Force it off in-game via the video game settings, untick wait for vsync. Also type gl_vsync "0" in your console.
For some people (due to the new HL now trying to put your original keyboard language into game) can't find their console button. I don't think this affects HL1 mods, but anyway if it did/does; go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Half-Life\esf and locate your config.cfg open it with some text editor program that isn't the usual noteblock program, preferably notepad. And find bind "key" toggleconsole and change the current key to a key you can easily use.

Too LOW fps?
Right click on your game in the Steam library, go to properties -- > general --> Set launch options and type -nofbo in there. (Makes it use the old rendering engine.)

Crashes, unusual screen colour/textures?
Same case as low FPS, -nofbo, read above^

Oh thanks! 300 FPS that's rad! And wohho ho! There is a beta server on that list!!! I'm jones'n! Applying this new update now. I guess I'll have to move the esf folder, but that's no problem. (I think)
Moving the folder directly didn't help me, had to re-install it but since I have all my files for a re install ready already it didn't take me long (esf 1.2.3b + ECX RC2 + Esf World Modelpack 1.0) and of course save your original config.cfg.

For the moment use this.
Also my ESF runs at 300+ FPS now. So at least something good came out of the update.
You could perhaps always get that FPS if not even more, but developer 0 was preventing your PC from taking the game anywhere over 100 before. The game launches and closes much faster and in-game generally more smooth, yes. So, on the old ESF and typing developer 1 in console without fps_max 101 you'd prolly get 300 before as well.

Also 1 more issue that could have happened:

Also there are some faulty beta opters, like you cannot hear the voice of other players and such if you have a feeling you aren't "really" in the beta (you should notice some differences) then delete your game from Steam by right clicking on the game and selecting delete local content, as for a mod uninstall it through your windows control panel. Also delete its folders, then re-install and you should "really" be in the beta.

I really suggest re-installing either way, it really helps and then you surely remove old files (by deleting folders) so they don't collide with the old files (may give HUD errors and eventual bugs. So re-install before you try a million other things.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Your right I did have to re-install spared me most bugs. All this info is useful thank you for posting it!

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you guys want your servers to show up on the server list again you have to properly use steamcmd now.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
if you guys want your servers to show up on the server list again you have to properly use steamcmd now.
Have you confirmed that this works? Depending on your answer I'll look at it tonight.

Your right I did have to re-install spared me most bugs. All this info is useful thank you for posting it!
And np mate ;)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you confirmed that this works? Depending on your answer I'll look at it tonight.

And np mate ;)
Well considerring that Raven is hosting 4 servers ATM and they show up in the list. Yes it works ^^

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
If my brother and I are connected to the same modem/router would there be any reason we both couldn't join an online server at the same time? I've been trying to figure this one out for quite a while.

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well considerring that Raven is hosting 4 servers ATM and they show up in the list. Yes it works ^^
As their given SteamCMD support doesn't seem to work and broke my Amsterdam server... You'll have to wait a bit before seeing mine on the list .. sigh.

Shadi Hector
Posted 02/18/13 9:06pm Now the Amsterdam one refuses to start... can you please hurry up and look at it?
Thanks
Shadi Hector
Posted 02/18/13 12:53pm 1) Please describe your problem:

Hi, I have 4 servers and I'd like you to do a SteamCMD update on all 4 as your option somehow doesn't work with me. They are CS 1.6 servers converted into a half life 1 mod so leave the files alone and just update so they appear on the masterlist again, thanks :D

68.232.172.101:27015 ESF 1.2.3 <Chicago>
217.163.27.151:27015 ESF 1.2.3 <London>
66.55.137.182:27015 ESF 1.2.3 [Duel] <New York>
108.61.254.141:27015 ESF 1.2.3 [Duel] <Amsterdam> (I tried to click the button on this one and the server went down, I think I'm doing something wrong. Thanks!)

Hope it can happen very soon, thanks for taking your time.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Shadi the new server format does not except the binaries of our linux servers there is nothing we can do about that. not even steam cmd will fix it. there are only two solutions. one is to buy new servers on the new system so the binaries arent all ****ed up. or switch to windows servers and use the new software valve made for dedicated servers

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
It should work with that HLDS; ah well I'll see what happens if not I'll look for alternatives, hopefully not windows servers.
When you say "buy servers on the new system" what do you mean on the new system? By updating it goes to the new system..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom