Scruffie

S
I'm not sure what I'm supposed to use for it, some people say Photo Shop, and other say Paint Shop Pro.
First of all, I haven't got the money for Photo Shop, and I'm already getting Paint Shop Pro 7, so I just want to know if I can use that for skinning.

I thought I'd ask the pros (In my opinion) for advice on this. :)

Vassago

V
Personally, I think Jasc can keel over and die ;)

Photoshop is THE best 2d application by far. PSP doesn't even have proper tablet support. Photoshop has better features, renders out faster, and is overall a smoother app. You can buy PSP for only $80, while Photoshop is $500. So if you can't afford Photoshop go and get PSP. If you can afford Photoshop, GET IT - or else the Vasster will come and get ya ;)

Scruffie

S
Thanks Vass.

I don't think I'll have £500 any time soon, so PSP it is!

I do know a lot of people who have used PSP for skins... they looked fine in the end. Guess it's just a matter of preference.

Best answers
id go with microsoft paint ;D

but seriouesly, photoshop is the best, and be sure to get a tablet, although if you ARENT artistic with a pencil Id stick with a mouse :)

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know a LE edition of photoshop came with my tablet. I don't know how good it is or what features it offers. Anyone use it?

Best answers
it came with my tablet... its photoshop 5...

i hate 5, theres no history toolbar, and you can only undo 3 times >_<

so go with photoshop 6/7

also if you are a student u can get photohop 7 for 200 dollars

Best answers
corel.... HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA....

sry :p

Vassago

V
/me fires kienza at Hawk & Zero.......die!!!!!

:D

Corel = arse

Corel's ONLY strongpoint is that it can do multiple file bit conversion to the same palette.

Best answers
That and ESF gfx are pretty much all Corel dun...oooh, eat that everyone :D You are looking at a game mostly made with Corel gfx ;)

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Ahhh that explains a LOT

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHA:p

Best answers
screw all those fancy programs..... i started the old school way with ms paint..... thats the way to go..... i would still use that but i gotta stay with the times

Best answers
nah dont use corel or mspaint...

use the macintosh version of mspaint... IT HAS 256 COLORS! ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom