Best answers
How are you people able to maintain such a high quality on your sigs? On the one I'm currently making, whenever I save it, and then open it again, there's weird dots everywhere and the picture isn't as good as it was before..
So how are you guys able to maintain such high quality?

BTW, I'm using PSP7.. but I also have PhotoShop

Best answers
Depends how you export your picture. If you export it as a Compuserve Bitmap (.gif), it will be palletized, or converted to a set of predetermined colors. The image is smaller that way, since ever color has a set value instead of being generated numerically. Like the computer says "this is red" instead of "this is color number 6852133." So you will need to tell the program how you want the colors arranged. As you export the GIF a dialogue box will pop up asking you a few questions. The important thing here is "dithering" witch is like a pattern that the program lays the colored dots on to make the image. If "dithering" is set to ordered the color is layed on regular criss-crossing lines that make that dotted effect you were referring to. You can do one of two things: either turn "dithering" to none or choose the setting from the list that visually makes your image look the best. There really is no perfect setting, the texture of your image will determine which works the best.

For a JPEG (.jpg) export, you want to turn down the compression and smoothing settings, and possibly adjust the "sub-format" to 4:4:4 or higher.

Best answers
.png is a compressed and highquality image file
and in my photo impact i have a good .jpg quality
.gif only can have 256 colors(maybe try it, sometimes u have a nice quality)

Best answers
Uh... I understand the compression thing but what's this sub-format? I'm confused

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
on psp7 there should be an option when u save it to increase the quality. more quality = larger file size though.

Best answers
Just save it as a .jpg b cuz .gif sux unless u got a better program. I use PSP 7 so i know .gif sux

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you save it as a .png it will load much slower, seeing as they're about the size of a Photoshop PSD file. .jpg is really the way to go IMO.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
JPG quallity = 12

that should do it

Best answers
Jpeg quality = 10 usually looks just as good as 12 and the size is significantly smaller.

Best answers
I don't see why ya would go for 11 or less .... It's not much trouble to just put it on 12 ... and it's not much bigger at all ... depends on the picture size offcourse, but for a sig, it really doesn't matter in size, so why not take max quality hm ? :rolleyes:

Best answers
Some boards have limits on size....one that go to has a 50k limit so I use 10 to save size....besides like I said, you can't tell a difference.

Best answers
Originally posted by greentaco
If you save it as a .png it will load much slower, seeing as they're about the size of a Photoshop PSD file. .jpg is really the way to go IMO.
Thanks guys.. I see what my problem was.. heh I forgot to change my quality back from some pics I edited.. it was set at '50'!

BTW, what's IMO stand for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom