OMG,OMG,OMG!! THE BIG THREAD FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE 1.2!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think Joe said everything I wanted to say. I'd rather not post again anyway...since it'll just be "ripped apart," so to speak. Kudos to all the people who posted after those who I'm referring to, though--keeping things mature and reasonable keeps the thread on track.

This can stay open unless it falls back into angry chaos.
Well you won't be getting any from me, that's for sure. I know where my points of view and such are not wanted.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
That's it, I ****ing quit.
Pcjoe said:
The main note I would like to add is that I don't mind fans making suggestions, I just start to get angry when people say our work sucks ass without providing decent suggestion.
i dont know whats wrong, i liked kongkong's suggesiton.. and i dont thintk the team's work sucks, i like the melee system, but i think it just happens too fast.. the fights end soon

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The fights can last a long time if both players are good. The more you and your opponent block eachothers attacks, the longer the fight will go on for.

Best answers
groovy, Well think about this. In the show. When a beam comes at you. they can put out a beam in equal power to it. or at least stop it for a sec. The Beam would use as a powerstruggle tool Also a insta beam would not be that bad mixing with fights. Picture swooping at someone about to melee when they do a insta beam. that person stops and does one also. Making a powerstruggle. I really misssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss powerstruggles its something that in this game few people take part of. That way when someone has a kama coming at you. You can at least instead of blocking the dmg have a way to come back with one of your own without waiting for the super charge time.

Plus in the show how many times did you see someone teleport behind someone and do a fast beam? ya it did not do much dmg. but it was a insta thing that i think is needed.

Best answers
well that could be superspammed...i like the idea that someone suggested earlier about making it a ball that just slows the bigger beam down...tru it doesnt really help if there are beam spammers in the room shooting beams from corner to corner as others are trying to melee...but on the off chance that u DO see a beam comming and u dont have enuff time to tele or swoop out of the way u can slow it down to buy u some time...

Best answers
MP said:
The fights can last a long time if both players are good. The more you and your opponent block eachothers attacks, the longer the fight will go on for.
Perhaps this is why alot of people are saying that the combo system is too easy. I've sat in specatator mode numerous times and watched two guys go back and forth for about 2-3 minutes just attacking and blocking. It could have been two noobs, or it could have been two great players. Point is, its too easy to read arrows and then input what you see. Since random arrows are a 'chance', you cannot call this skill or strategy and therefore, you cannot rely on this slim occurence.

One question for PCJoe. I have decided to run a "simple melee" only server with the mp_simplemelee cvar if it's what I'm hoping it does. Will this cvar give us 1.1 back, or is it just the simple melee of 1.2 without the combos system?
Do I put
Code:
mp_simplemelee 1
into the server.cfg file?

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can even set it in the middle of the game. Just note we havn't tested it too much, so I'm not exactly sure how it's going to perform.. But hey, anything to get your simple melee fix, right :p

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It doesnt perform exactly like 1.1 melee. The knockback is faster, and you cant use advanced melee. Thats about the extent of the function of the simplemelee cvar. :]

Best answers
Can we PLEASE limit these posts? Some of these posts are incredibly long and can easily be shortened down if the poster considers things that aren't necessary.

Best answers
17 what mp_simplemelee does is changes everything to simple melee, yes its just everything in 1.2, but just simple melee. The only thing that actually changes is that you can only use Simple melee and the knock back speed is like 1.1 again.

Best answers
When I used to play 1.1 I used to play Goku, this mean a fight against a good player who used a low trans chr meant that I would get POUNDED, and not just beaten up but ****** up! The only way to fight a guy who was trans'ed was to try and get a few lucky hits, beam spam him, and pray for server pl_catchup. Firstly I am far from being an amateur or noob, although I reckon I was far from being the "elite" at 1.1 . In 1.2 however, it allows me as a medium level trans chr to actually have a chance against a SSJ Gohan or Trunks. Even if it means a forced head on.

1.1 was tons of zwee fighting with the occasional frantic moment, I used to luv it for what it was, but now I luv this more :D

For those of you who keep on dodging eachother combos, have u tried to hit him with the right click from behind? Its not that hard...honest! The random arrows are fine, most ppl figured out quickly my luv of the down strong hit, then my luv of the up strong hit, now i just mix it up between left and right. Me an this other guy often play against eachother and are constantly improving because we recognise eachothers fighting styles.

1.2 is fine apart from the few bugs, kudos to the team, and many many punches to the nuts for those of you who cant figure it out...

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Reason 1: Targeting is gone. On paper, this may seem like a big improvement, but when you get into the game, you realize it isn’t. The reason being for this is quite simple. You can’t tell who your enemy is anymore. This leads to double teaming.
as freedom said, keep your D@mn eye on your target

Reason 2: Double teaming. Like I said in reason 1, double teaming is a lot more common in 1.2. It may seem like it’s the players fault and not the system for double teaming, but in reality it’s the systems fault.
no it's your fault for having no skill to keep up.....

Reason 3: The teleport delay. The teleport delay is great to stop scripters, but it gets annoying and slows down the game.......
well to me it doesn't slow anything down, in 1.1 it did cuz u tele like crazy to get away from a attack/enemy to just have to recharge and do it again. 1.2's is slower and goes abit farther to stop that 1.1 tele slowness

Reason 4: Double tap swooping. It’s not as responsive.....

i agree but there is a command to change that....

Reason 5: Slowed down swooping speeds......
WTF for, it's fine the way it is. just learn to keep up... :S

Reason 7: The tactic where people prepunch you 11 times, than throw you.......
ummm what tactic?....your fault for being prepunched in the first place

Reason 8: Stopping to charge combos. It makes the fight seem slower and also makes the fight not fun to watch......
u try to think of a better way smart ass

Reason 9: The prepunch. I think this was put in as a way for people with no skill to get damage.....
if u dont like it, then use simple melee retard

Reason 10: The combo system in general. I hate the game dance dance revolution which is pretty much what the combo system is.......
I LOVE DDR and 1.2.....u just can't dance dance my friend. go get some skill plz :talk: :talk: :talk:

Reason 11: RANDOM ARROWS. GOD HOW I HATE THESE RANDOM ARROWS. It takes away almost all the skill in the game. How are you suppose to improve at guessing random arrows. Simple, you’re not......
simple take it like a man and get hit or take the guess and have a better chance of showing how good u are

Reason 12: The throw system in general. It takes way too long to preform a throw........
u dont' need any skill to throw.....look i can throw a ball...

Reason 13: Combos are too easy to dodge. Pretty much self explanitory. The only way a “skilled” person would get hit would be by random arrows.......
but u just said theres no skills in random arrows and their not all that easy for some ppl

Reason 14: No way of blocking throws after prepunches are initated......
would u be able to stop someone from throwing u after they hit u 11 times int he face with a lead pipe?

Reason 15: Beam explosions are smaller. The blast radius may be the same as in 1.1, but the explosions are smaller. Its kind of weird to get hit by a beam that doesn’t explode anywhere near you.......
called slash damage(GO RTFM U NOOB) and they get bigger as your PL does

Reason 16: You can now hit someone with simple melee, then teleport one more time and hit them again. You could do this in 1.1, but it was a nice feature in 1.1 It required a lot more skill and needed 3 teleports to do rather then 1......
yea for a front attack yea. but from the ground up to back down and vice versa it requires alot more skill to get above/below/side of them befor they hit somthing with 1.2's tele, with 1.1 u waste to much ki tryin and u need to many teles to reach them

Reason 17: You no longer free fall when you throw a beam. This was done because it was being abused in 1.1, but it takes away from the speed of the game imo. For instance, you want to get away from an enemy, you decide you want to beam jump. You fire a beam at the ground, but instead of freefalling, you stay in fly mode and get hit........
;/ umm u do freefall after u beam jump......

Reason 18: You can’t do more then 2 simple melee combos
i don't see u animating and coding this **** in, go back to play DMZ lamer

Reason 20: Uh.... 1.2 is bad....
uhh....u should die now...

well there are my thoughts on that retard, i love 1.2 and all the work the ESF team has put into it.....ALOT IF TIME SPENT ON THIS to THEIR likings and not all of ours. if they took in every suggection everything would be havok and take to long to put in. they do what they feel is right. if u dont' want it in the game and its going to be in .......well theres nothing u can do but be a lil whiner and ***** about it. I love 1.2 for all that it's worth and the time they WASTED ,as u Haters think, on it. Good Job esf team and keep it up.

Wolf of Zeq2

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warning :warning: to Cell for flaming.

We appreciate the support, Cell, but not the anger. Try to tone it down a little bit.

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
yes sir sry about that, just these whinners are geting to me -_-;.....on topic.....i hate buu's skin.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
And like Sonic said, please don't PM hars or myself with your suggestions. I don't have the time to read through 20 different ideas, expecially when some of them are several pages long.
That's what the 1000 char limit is for :). Anyways, I really like what they've done with melee, I couldn't stand playing 1.1 for more than 15 minutes (unless I was talking with friends). It was too repetitive, and either you'd find someone too easy or too hard. Now I can last a good hour (not all the time, but it's now possible). And still have some fun :).

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm already up to 979, looks like I need to clean out my box a little -_-
Like ShAdOw said, it's not the best version but I think it holds my interest longer then 1.1 did.
All of you guys complaining about how the elite should own the n00bs - I don't really care how you put it, it's not fun getting owned without having a chance to fight back. Sorry if we try to give newer players a remote chance, i'll be sure it doesnt happen again.

Best answers
Well, sometimes its fun getting owned, if your up for getting trained.. But gotta say it really sucks when you have to spend like ½ hour to land 1 hit, stuff like that... And i dont think the vets should have any reasons to claim that it should be them kicking the noobs asses, the noobs have got just as much right to kick ass.. Ppl gotta accept that things are a bit more even now because all players have to relate to a new mellee system and alot of changes, so the border has been moved in favor of the "noobs"... And thats great imo! :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see no reason why noobs should have an equal chance of winning against someone who has more experience in the game. My opinion is: the more you play, the better you become; the better you become, the less of a chance people have to beat you. Someone that plays an hour a week shouldnt be able to do as well in a fight as someone that plays every day. It just makes no sense. In 1.1 (which i still hold dear to my heart lol) it was obvious who was good and who wasnt. The people that played most frequently were able to own anyone. Thats the way it was, thats the way it should have stayed. There should be the noobs, those who play so-so, and the elite. I dont play as much as i used to because i know that everyone is in the following class: Lucky. Thats all esf is nowadays. Hopefully the patch will change this. In the meantime, ill be focusing more on school than esf.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I see no reason why noobs should have an equal chance of winning against someone who has more experience in the game. My opinion is: the more you play, the better you become; the better you become, the less of a chance people have to beat you. Someone that plays an hour a week shouldnt be able to do as well in a fight as someone that plays every day. It just makes no sense. In 1.1 (which i still hold dear to my heart lol) it was obvious who was good and who wasnt. The people that played most frequently were able to own anyone. Thats the way it was, thats the way it should have stayed. There should be the noobs, those who play so-so, and the elite. I dont play as much as i used to because i know that everyone is in the following class: Lucky. Thats all esf is nowadays. Hopefully the patch will change this. In the meantime, ill be focusing more on school than esf.
If you can't beat new people that's a personal problem. Leave it off of the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom