OMG,OMG,OMG!! THE BIG THREAD FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE 1.2!!!!

Best answers
Look at joes journal...old melee has already been turned down from 10 to 7 dmg. Considering you can only do 7 damage per shot and it can be blocked...if your owning a map with just 1.1 melee....your not playing anyone who is half decent.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well keep in mind that is 7 + or - Pl ratio difference. Minimum damage is 4, maximum is 14 (at 1/2 and 2x pl).

Best answers
harSens said:
The arrows can't show much faster, already the higher pinged players have trouble seeing them on time. Al arrow presses have to be checked server side to prevent clientside arrow matching hacks. We will probably assign more buttons to blocking attacks later on (by example separate kick/punch blocks). I also like to see a string of, say, 3 block arrows you have to match on the heavier attacks, instead of the current 'more change of a random' thing.

The double tap is currently checked server side, which makes it kick in too late on some occasion. This wil be fixed later on.

As for the explosion size, this is just a graphical glitch that will be fixed later on. It doesn't really matter that much for the gameplay experience, since damage is dealt before the explosion is drawn anyways.

Don't expect to see those changes in the patch though.
See the bolded part. THAT IS THE MOST BRILLIANT TWEAK IDEA I'VE SEEN YET!!!!!!! YOU ARE A GENIUS!!!! I just thought though, for light attacks, throw 1 arrow at em to press, for medium, throw 2, and for hard attacks throw 3, this way, a) this gives the melee more skill than luck, and b) it helps disguise how strong the attack will be.

Another possibility would be to have arrows sent to the opponent at a sent interval, and the arrow would just be whatever the opponent is holding at that interval. That way, 3 evenly spaced out arrows would appear for harder hits, or however you might want to look at that. That's a POSSIBLE tweak, but if it's tested and it doesn't work out, I'd understand, since there are probably huge flaws in this that I haven't thought of.

Best answers
Okay people...there is always going to be room for improvement in any system. No matter how much they try, the dev. team won't be able to please everyone, because people have different ideas. If anyone thinks that the game sucks, please, by all means, get some friends and mod it yourselves. If not, then don't flame the game or the developers. Giving suggestions is fine, It is a work in progress, hence the 1.2 Beta. The game will get better, they will take ideas and suggestions into account, but it takes time...and it's Their mod, so let them make decisions that they think are correct.

As for the melee...i'm personally a big fan of the new adv. melee. It makes the game more interactive, which is the most important part. Getting the **** kicked outta ya by repetitive simple melee can get tedious, especially when first starting. The adv. melee at least gives you the ability to fight back, and it is more enjoyable for more people. It still needs work, but it's far better for the game as a whole, even if there are a number of individual players who disagree.

Best answers
"Reason 17: You no longer free fall when you throw a beam. This was done because it was being abused in 1.1, but it takes away from the speed of the game imo. For instance, you want to get away from an enemy, you decide you want to beam jump. You fire a beam at the ground, but instead of freefalling, you stay in fly mode and get hit........

umm u do freefall after u beam jump......"

Just because he asks his dog to bark, and you tell him his cat meows doesn't mean he will be happy.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man there is so much i want to say to so many people. ok so ill try to be as on topic as i can. (take note i un-installed esf/half-life/steam only cuz it was slowing down my comp)

In my own opinion people who have not played 1.1 shouldnt say "oh 1.2 sucks for this reason and that reason and yada yada yada" because they dont know what 1.1 was like.

also please people who "hate" 1.2 PLEASE understand that a group of people work on this game for free and doing this out of their own free will. and could stop at anytime. and it would die. also please understand that it is a beta, which means that its unfinished and being tested. its one big tested game. when they release "ESF" not ESF Beta x.x will it be bug free, and an actual game. then you can diss it. because right now its all undercontruction. they just release it little bits at a time, so no one gets bored. also know they are making a patch im sure you know all this. but it really needs to be re-iterated many times.

I admit 1.2 has its good sides and down falls. but those down falls are for future event so to come and to stop hackers and scripters. remember people who dont like 1.2 that what you are playing is just a piece of the puzzle. like when you play 1.3 i bet things will be changed. not just transformations but combos. the melee system might be tweaked a bit. and i bet that for goku or w/e 1,750,000 could even be the ssj2 transformation level. so know its not finished. I credit the ESF team more than they know because if i was them and people were dissing a game that i worked so hard to to let thousands of people play together and to know im just being dissed. id wanna stop creating this awsome game. i have more to say but there is just to much and i know no one wants to read it all

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom