OMG,OMG,OMG!! THE BIG THREAD FOR PEOPLE WHO HATE 1.2!!!!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who said i cant beat new people? I assure you i am pretty good in esf. Be it 1.1 or 1.2, i am no slouch. You seem to have missed my point completely. I ll summarize it for you: The more you play, the better you become. Thus, giving you an advantage over others. It shouldnt be that someone that has played for 2 months has the same skill level as someone that has played for a week. It doesnt make sense. Is that better Sonic Boyster?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How would you know, Zeonix? Have you played for two months?

I'm just tired of people flaming the mod and coming up with retarded things to say like that when they can't back it up.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow...i dont know how to put it any simpler. Ill make a short list for you this time.
1) No, i havent played for two months. In fact, i thought of writing this part in there but i figured you'd understand. Guess i was wrong. The time in question (2 months) was a hypothetical amount of time. Im sure you understand this part now.

2)I am not flaming the mod; i am merely voicing my opinion. I believe that is one of many functions of a forum.

3)What dont you understand about acquiring skill? If you play a lot, you should be able to beat everyone else with no problem. Someone with no skill should not have an equal chance of defeating you. I think i've lowered myself enough already. Thats as simple as i can make it.

Btw, how is this suggestion retarded? Please back your answer up with examples and/or reasons. Ty for your time Mr. Boyster.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Wow...i dont know how to put it any simpler. Ill make a short list for you this time.

3)What dont you understand about acquiring skill? If you play a lot, you should be able to beat everyone else with no problem. Someone with no skill should not have an equal chance of defeating you. I think i've lowered myself enough already. Thats as simple as i can make it.
Someone with no skill has no chance of defeating you. You said it yourself, no skill. So what are you complaining about? You really think someone can pick up the game the first day and beat you? Well like I said, that's a personal issue. I come off of servers with ridiculously high scores, just like most good people do, and I have strongly competative matches with good players like PCJoe/Hal, like good people do. If you don't end up in either situation you just aren't good. It's the same as it was in 1.1, except that we all started over again. You can't prove by any means that someone with no skill has the same chance of defeating me as I do of them.

The "Suggestion" is retarded because it doesn't make sense. All you are doing is coming in here and arguing that people who don't play have the same chance of winning as people who do, which is totally illogical and absurd, in any game, save for maybe tic-tac-toe.

Best answers
The problem with the old esf was that it was too elitist. There was no reason for any new players to pick up the game seeing as all the vets would just melee combo then to death.

Thats why the lowered the learning curve and made it easier for noobs to get kills. A good player will still be at the top of the server come the end of the match (if your not....then your obviously not playing enough, or theres someone better on the server)...but the noobs will have a kill or two as well...

I dont get what your complaining about...so what u dont have a 50-0 record. Its more friendly to the masses of people who like to just pick up a game and get a few satisfying kills.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol, you said i wasnt good

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
So what are you complaining about?
I think hes complaining about the learning curve...and how it isnt steep enough. (in his opinion)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow...you're good cheeto101 (not being sarcastic btw). 1.1 wasnt hard to learn, so there wasnt any reason to make 1.2 even easier to learn. Mastering it however required practice. So far, everyone in the esf community has mastered advanced melee. What is the point of using it if everyone is able to dodge every single attack.

Dont say "Then dont use it. Use 1.1 melee then!", because that is the dumbest thing ive heard in quite some time. Although i might be using simple melee, my opponent will be using advanced melee. So if he attacks me, guess what? If he knows how to press the correct directional keys, its a stalemate. Its a waste of good fighting time to be caught in some kind of struggle that doesnt affect either of you in any way in terms of hp and pl. Im sure the patch will fix this, but until then advanced melee isnt useful. Once again, only an opinion. Im not stating this as a fact or anything of the sort so dont get pissy.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Lol, you said i wasnt good
Warning for spam. Stop interupting the thread with nonse/sweeping generalizations.

The learning curve is as high as ever, people just don't know all of the tricks yet. There aren't enough people out there who are "good" yet for people to know the tricks of the trade yet.

Edit- Stop thinking 1.2 is nothing but advanced melee. Advanced melee is just part of it, and it's getting sped up after the patch.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You gave me a warning for that? Wow...a bit childish of you, dont you think? Unfortunately for me, you didnt read my post. I guess i have one thing to say to you Boyster. That something is screw you. Thank you and goodnight.

EDIT- I dont think advanced melee is all that is being used in 1.2. It is what the majority of 1.2 players use, however.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me explain something to you -_-

These threads have been riddled with peope like you, whose arguments are equivalent to->

"1.2 sucks because n00bs are as good as everybody else."

Does that help the team? No. Does that help the mod? No. Is it constructive criticism? No.

The threads finally start going alright and then somebody else like you reappears and starts it up again.

Believe it or not, one sentence, consisting of "lol" does not constitute a legitimate post of constructive criticism, or of anything else for that matter... therefore you can be warned for it.

You have to understand, I find your reasons to be bull**** reasons because I've played longer than you and I've only found a couple of people who are at my level so far. I figure that'll level out in a few weeks and there'll be more people up here, but to say it has no or little learning curve isn't saying anything. Stop making overgeneralizations because they don't do anyone any good.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You warned me for saying lol but not for saying screw you? Interesting. Im sorry if i have offended anyone by my horrific post (except for boyster at this point). I posted a simple opinion or comment that was taken way to seriously. Mr. Boyster, i am sorry for saying lol. I will finish this post by saying once more, screw you. Thank you and this will be the last of me in this particular thread. Oh and you better hope you dont see me in a server boyster. Ty ladies and gentleman.

Best answers
Well I love most of the changes made in 1.2. Everything that's been added makes it a little more tactical and more engaging and I have no criticisms that aren't being addressed in the patch.
This stuff about 1.2 being too easy, well there's good reason for that; a lot of players are crap. I don't play ESF 1.2 that often and I play it even less online, but even though I'm kind of a n00b I always manage to go on servers and beat most of the people there (fair enough I haven't played any of the big names :(). So I think the problem is the players not the game. Just my 2 cents.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Wow...you're good cheeto101 (not being sarcastic btw). 1.1 wasnt hard to learn, so there wasnt any reason to make 1.2 even easier to learn. Mastering it however required practice. So far, everyone in the esf community has mastered advanced melee. What is the point of using it if everyone is able to dodge every single attack"

That aint the case, even the people that think they are great at advanced melee i can usually fight pretty well, i ususally win in adv melee, where as, some can usually outswoop or simple melee better, or use beams better, which leads to me not being l337, but i think in advanced melee, i can usually out-wit my opponent, if u dont believe its possible, sorry you're just bein noobish and in denial, it happens to me, it happens to my opponents. when i fight a skilled fighter its harder to land a punch, where as a noob who can win a simple head on everytime, can find it difficult in adv melee with me or another skilled adv melee opponent.

Best answers
To tell you the truth i really don't like it either.........i mean its not cause it looks bad or isn't relistic.....they just need 2nd and 3rd transformations....AND THEY NEED THE DGBS back.......and the melee has improved no doubt...but it is cool only because its not just a big punch like in 1.1 but it has combo's which is cool

Ramos

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So far every skilled person ive fought in 1.2 has used advanced melee minimally. Basic melee is usually the meat and potatoes of their fighting technique. 2 skilled advanced meleers = stalemate.

I only posted again since i was quoted

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know what you posted -_- and you did it either because you didn't think it out or you were trying to say something controversial. I have refuted your points. I warned you for spam because it was obnoxious, I didn't warn you for saying screw me because warning people for telling me off isn't something I do very often. I usually try to talk it out with people once they start attacking me, looks like it wont work with you because you're set on making yourself out to look better than I am for some reason.

I'll start warning people from now on for making large overgeneralizations for no purpose other than to offend other users. *sigh* You made a statement, I argued it, then you settled for personal attacks rather than backing up your own points. You did change the topic at one point, from 1.2 sucking to most users using advanced melee and trapping you in it, but you made it too little and too late.

Let's restrict these threads to constructive criticism only.

And since you love showboating so much -_- you can have the warning you want for saying screw me...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2 warnings huh? Well, im not that good in baseball so lets make this a third strike. Boyster, i had no quarrel with you until this thread.

The threads finally start going alright and then somebody else like you reappears and starts it up again.
You have to understand, I find your reasons to be bull**** reasons because I've played longer than you and I've only found a couple of people who are at my level so far. I figure that'll level out in a few weeks and there'll be more people up here, but to say it has no or little learning curve isn't saying anything. Stop making overgeneralizations because they don't do anyone any good.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
I would have stopped bull****ting had you not gone on, but you chose not to. As a final farewell, i say unto thee Boyster: Learn not to take everything to heart, and try to be a bit more respectful towards what other people think. With that, screw you boyster. Thank you very much and see you in 2 weeks (i think ^_^).

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jesus knock it off -_-

You said you were done with this thread, what, three times now? I have a feeling if I quoted you you'd come back in again. Whatever.

So we've come to the agreement that you were bull****ting... I return that respect comment to you, since you seem to have little respect for the opinions of anyone else who posted before you in this thread (you made an argument that had already been argued and answered meaning you probably didn't read too hard). Nobody on the team wants to hear the same **** over and over, especially if it isn't constructive. Make your posts constructive and you wont get me going after you.

I would rather not ban you just because you have quarrel with me in this thread. You're just trying to go out like a martyr so I'm not sure it'd solve anything. Just watch your posts, you've heard my point of view, just don't post offensively.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
So far every skilled person ive fought in 1.2 has used advanced melee minimally. Basic melee is usually the meat and potatoes of their fighting technique. 2 skilled advanced meleers = stalemate.

I only posted again since i was quoted

nah, i take on every opponent i can with adv melee, even the ones with the highest scores on a lot of servers arent always that great, they usually use the other stuff cuz they can get kills faster and easier that way, of course they also use it according to the opponent, as should any real good player. Also if u wanna be good at advanced melee, dont use tha damn combo's, they're so easy to block its unbelievable how many people try them, just to be knocked back using the normal attacks. The reason people can block all your arrows is cuz they're so damn easy to predict, and obviously so are theres, u see u can do many things to outwit an opponent, hard attacks are the most random, so putting them in the start of the combo and the middle, will make ur opponent hesitate, instead of the predictable end knockback, but that is good to use under the right conditions. Im not gonna tell you everythin cuz i had to work it out on my own and there's a lot to consider, but It is heavily tactical when u know how to handle things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom