ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
so .. lets see if i get you right... you want to copy something from a q3 mod map into a hl map? .. first of all ... do not copy stuff from oters .. and, hl and q3 are different engines... its just as impossible as making a command&conquer map in hammer ... *gg* (great compare eh ^^)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll also point out that Q3 is a much more advanced engine, thats why it can handle actual mirror effects.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Try and wait till we have HL2 and they figure out making this mod a HL2 mod, u can get anything u want :D (CANT WAIT, Got the 600 mb gameplay movie on Fileplanet, :D :D SO GOOD)

And im with the other guys it was only an illusion....

Best answers
jup, Im downloading it, too! It looks really...really good.
noticed, that EVERYTHING is reflected on the water!!! (monsters etc, too!)

ps.:I think I found the scene where there are monsters reflected on the ground!
there is a little bug in the pic: the windows on the right side are not reflected on the ground.
I think this proves that it is just an illusion and no real mirror!!!

Best answers
sry about the q 3 thing i dont know is in other words its mostly impossible to make a mirror map cause i mean i think nothing is impossible but everything as a way but what can i say i sure cant do it but i thank u all agian on the comments and hope we can get another way and hey anyone that reads this can tell us ur ideas and all the follow mappers can read alright thank u all again

Best answers
Originally posted by Evil_T@xi
jup, Im downloading it, too! It looks really...really good.
noticed, that EVERYTHING is reflected on the water!!! (monsters etc, too!)

ps.:I think I found the scene where there are monsters reflected on the ground!
there is a little bug in the pic: the windows on the right side are not reflected on the ground.
I think this proves that it is just an illusion and no real mirror!!!
I think it looks more like a remodel of an old place in normal hl.(REALLY HOPE IT IS)

Bit if it is the case that they r just gonna fake it (again) may God have mercy on them. They had 5 years to develop!! But looking at the video it looks real enough. So i still think HL2 Is gonna rock the world... Errr!! Net! :p

[September 30, 2003] Is gonna be judgement day...

Best answers
I think you missunderstood me Taz!
the pic I posted, was an example for the reflection illusion they used in blue shift with the old HL-engine!

Best answers
hehe... guess i missed out on the ps. part huh?

Well anyways i cant wait, even though its 3 months :( well i think its gonna be wourth it, and since the map editor looks the same, its gonna be real easy adapting... i hope...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom