Modeling Competition 5 - model your own Shonen Jump character (12/27/05 - 1/27/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm i gues you mean 3k for the girl + sword.. yeh there should be a limit of 3k for the human and 500tris for equipment....but owell, whatfor is skinning able for? gl, shouldn´t be that hard in lwo...

Best answers
Nice update! Looking very asymmetrical so far. His weapons looks a tad strange, but personal preference again. As is skinning on facial hair

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im working on a concept of my own right now, doubt ill have it finished before the contest deadline though

Best answers
ohh i want to see the old nuttzy join =( im a sad panda now

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im going to try and get skiwan to help me spruce up my concept though he/she (its a mystery) is looking kinda bland atm. and he is the resident anime guru round these parts =P

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Damn Bile, that looks badass! I can't wait to see it skinned, this is going to be a TOUGH contest if I can get my entry finished in time...nice work, man I really like it, a lot! Only crit is that the neck looks really long and the feet need to be moved in a little, it looks like the shin goes in a different direction thent he rest of the leg once it hist the white bandages.

Best answers
Ok, well Final count is 2468, might go up a couple, but thats it pretty much

Heres a spiffy lil render, time to start skinmappen this beesh ;)

@Ecplise, thanks ^^, I fixed the Shins I think, and played around with his neck a tad, altho its still a bit long, I may shorten it a bit more, I wanna see how it looks after Enix works his skinning magic on it =]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
zeldalink said:
eum shady do i think your char looks alil to much like styder to be counted on as original :S
o_O Whos that?

Best answers
Actually I squeezed some more Polies out of him,

Not sure if I like the Single Strap with the Shoulder plate, Or the 2 straps with no plate. more

Best answers
-rereads the Rules-

up to 3k now o_O.... well then .. Gotta throw 500 polies worth of detail in there.

w00t

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd say use it on his lower half. Everything above the waist looks awesome, but the pants are incredibly blocky and unexciting. Smooth it out some, make it baggy, just do something with it to even out the detail between the top and botoom

EDIT: btw, what exactly is keeping his sword aloft like that? =P

Best answers
Added almost 500 polies

as for his Sword, well He doesnt have a harness for it, He generally lugs it over his shoulder and rest's his arm on it.

Proly not gonna post any more screenies for a lil while

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

No body has posted an update in a while so here's an update on mine, the poly count for the WHOL model is under 600.

Best answers
looks good .. but i would have used the whole 3k :X

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im really doubting ill finish mine in time for the contest. theres less than 2 weeks left.

and besides me being a slow modeller, i would then have to arrange for it being skinned as well.

im gonna finish it anyways though since skiwan was nice enough to do a complete overhaul of my character concept

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, ive been working on mine. Its been hard latly since I can only use the ms3d at my aunts house. Mine's got some problems..

Its more of a DBZ stlye then the naruto style couple people are doin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom