Modeling Competition 5 - model your own Shonen Jump character (12/27/05 - 1/27/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D-Boy said:
i know this is really off topic and i m sorry for this long post
my reason to post here is just to help broli with the competition
i really have no mean to start any flamewar or to make any enemies in here
so please focus back on the models instead
Yeah. Good start with that. -.-;

@Gama: Well, you've got edgeloops but they're not going or starting where they're supposed to. The ring around the mouth starts at the nostrils, then curves down under the chin. The loops for the eyes define the eye socket yes, but they're also supposed to help define the brow and cheeks; right now they're basically just spread out and smushing into the rest of the upper portion of the face.

You could also maintain the same look of the face, with half of the polygons you have now because many of them aren't defining any shape (i.e. it's space between the two adjacent edge loops is almost or entirely flat/smooth)

Best answers
thanks for the tip SA, that was my first poly by poly face but im getting there, i will take note of what u said. My next project im going to study other peoples wires for faces to see where edge loops should be ect and i should cut down on lot of the polys and still have a nice outcome, once again thanks ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FINAL ENTRY:

Your final entry must contain:

- a final render of your charcter

- the textures you used
- flat shades and wires of the front, side, back, and 3/4's and a poly counter box

bonus:

- your concept
[pics lost/deleted per accident :/]
- several poses and renders of the character

- short charcter bio

Name: Isamu
profession: Assassin

A mysterious ninja, his identy is unknown. He is a legendary assassin though he isn't hireable, it seems he fights for only certain goals.. His Sword is called Howls of Hell, Shinigamis (death gods) have identified it as an zanpaktou (soul slayer) though he cant be a shinigami while hes alive. His sword spawns at his will. He uses some kind of magic and the sword spawns from wherever he points his right arm. though it seems he needs his left arm as a support for the immense power blast coming from the sword.

Best answers
D-Boy said:
since when japanese is not consider as asian??
and yet a few of you jump to a conclusion right away that i m not japanese hahah
as a matter of fact i m both chinese and japanese...those who know about me and has my msn would probably know that
my dad is chinese and my mom is japanese
and yes i know both japanese and chinese
i find it funny that a british dude is telling a japanese guy that his language is wrong...lol....this is rather rude...

you thought you knew about japanese but from what i can tell you just know the very basic stuff and you still got a lot to learn
first "jinkon da" = 時間た (i guess you dont know how to type jap probably)
it means 夠鐘 (chinese) or "time is up" in english...or to an extend "its time" would work too depends on how you use it and what your intention is...
like i said before you can not translate japanese and chinese word for word into english cuz most of the time they dont sound right or partially altered the meaning
japanese and chinese phrases mean a lot more than they appear therefore you cannot really translate word for word into english
we normally use キタ=来たto mean something like 嚟啦(in chinese) or come, came or arrive or soemthing similar in english...
時間 (in both chinese and jap) means "time"
時間嚟啦=係時候啦=時間は来た
in english its more like "the time has come", "time is here", "its time", "time came", "the moment is here", "the moment has arrived" (yes sometimes it does sound weird) there is a lot of ways of interrepting this and they all mean more or less the same thing....
same with japanese there is a lot of ways of writing it too but i can tell you my way is not wrong...
if you say "it would be better if you put it like this.....or try to choose a better phrase" i would more likely to accept your comment....
but telling me to learn proper japanese is rather rude and stupid
i know you are trying to be smart and this and that, but really in this case it doesnt make you look smart at all or in fact rather stupid...
tho i dont blame you for your lack of knowledge in japanese so you probably miss out the true meaning of it
i dont really want to discuss this any further so please drop it
even my friends (yes they are jap too) didnt really see a problem so why do you care?

i know this is really off topic and i m sorry for this long post
my reason to post here is just to help broli with the competition
i really have no mean to start any flamewar or to make any enemies in here
so please focus back on the models instead

peace
Owned :D.

-Broli, really love the ways you did the arms, good job!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Basically done, Might add a few more weapons before tonight but that's basically it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, the model itself is 2189; he's got something else in the scene that's taking up that much. More than likely the bones or a biped skeleton.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, the skeleton is taking 8+ polys per bone, and the cone to create that summoning thing..

Best answers
well im asuming everbody knows wat day it is, ITS JUDGMENT DAY! any last minute entries will be excepted until 11:59, may the best modeler win ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
right about.... now i expect to see all sorts of beauty renders of models, really wanna see what bile and enix made :)
[edit]
ok wtf? i saw so many good entries in the beginning and im the only one to fully skin and rig a model.. teknik too... why didnt he post? :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
teknik did in my opinion also broli did aswell ....

Best answers
ok ppl last call for all models so i guess this is it, EVERYBODY GO VOTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom