Modeling Competition 5 - model your own Shonen Jump character (12/27/05 - 1/27/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
looking good guys, hope more ppl post their models i wanna see more ^_^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TeKNiK said:
Ewww that sucks..

Anyways a SMALL update on this one.

still gotta finish the shoes and toes :)
Sado themed pants whooohoo,i wont be able to finish but i think my vote goes to teknik, for lowpoly ownage

Best answers
since broli has already posted the entry
so I might as well drop by and say hi before i go to bed
i see some really nice stuff you guys got here
looking forward to see them finish...

I did a few renders and put together a quick wallpaper
hope you guys will like the character...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What does it say?!? What does it say!?
BAKA MONO!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a very very bad translation into japanese of what i assume says "the time has come".

please learn japanese properly if your actually going to use it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

wonder if im gonna make it, exams are more important though..
maybe ill finish the whole thing on friday..

Best answers
its a very very bad translation into japanese of what i assume says "the time has come".
please learn japanese properly if your actually going to use it.
ばか。だまれ
its more like "It's time..." doing straight english translation is always bad
please don't act like Mr. Smarta** here
learn some more japanese before saying my japanese is bad
i know what i wrote...trust me
this is like telling a british man he has a bad british accent (wtf)
*hint* i am asian *hint*

i am sorry this is off topic

@shadyD the cheekbone is abit too high up
other than that its looking good

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually, "its time" would be "jinkon da" the way youve said it makes time a past tense, however using wa, makes it a personalised present, and it comes out all wrong

and for the record, ive been told i have a very bad brittish accent ;)
being asian doesnt mean you can speak japanese any better than anyone else, if your not ACTUALLY japanese.

Best answers
Broli : wow man the models awesome great job , skin however is very very naive and the uvws are abit, err well could be alot better but i love them posed renders they realy bring it to life.

Teknik : I know its not finished yet but daam man awesome texture for wat? 1 128 map? great job.

Offtopic : well just cause your asain doesnt mean your 100 % correct to another just because it is not his first language, ax seems to know his jap/chinese whatava it is quite well from how he posts and im sure you do too so who realy gives a dam, no person who doesnt know the language will even give a dam or know.

Best answers
Unless you grew up In the Japan, being asian doesnt mean you can speak Japanese better.. lol

thats like me saying .. Hey I'm Puerto Rican and Italian .. So I speak Good German and Spanish.

I've taken 4 years of Spanish and am Terrible at it lol.

Hell I speak English as a Primary Language and I still suck at it.

On topic :

Shady, the Cheek is skinned on a bit too high, the hair doesnt hreally have much shape eitehr, also the ear's skin is really random .. it doesnt look like the innards of a real ear.

other than that its not looken to shabby.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thnx for them tips bile, i lowered the cheecks, ill try to fix the hair :/ the ear looks like that but i misplaced them on my uvw so gotta change the uvw to fix that..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does it end tommorow at midnight or 2nite at midnight!!

Im a lil late, so I need to finish mine fast.

Best answers
Enix is haven a hard time working with my skinmap x] (for some reason it doesnt suprise me)

so Our Entry may not be finished on time :/ even If its not finished In time we'll still proly try to finish it up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
all thats left for me is skin... guess ill have a last boost tommorow

Best answers
well due to doing work other places and Wow lol i wont get finished so here it is:

Best answers
YAY! looks hott, a little strange tho, dont know wat it is

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gama said:
well due to doing work other places and Wow lol i wont get finished so here it is:

Okay, the proportions on that are off so bad. The head is way too big, the torso is too short, and it looks like the majority of your polies went into head. We need wires man!
Fortunately you made a girl, automatically increasing the worth of your entry by 40%, and nulling everything wrong with in the eyes of 90% percent of the voters.

Best answers
ya most of the polys are in the head, i wanted to make the face as detailed as my skills lets me atm and the wires are really messy.

Best answers
actually, "its time" would be "jinkon da" the way youve said it makes time a past tense, however using wa, makes it a personalised present, and it comes out all wrong

and for the record, ive been told i have a very bad brittish accent
being asian doesnt mean you can speak japanese any better than anyone else, if your not ACTUALLY japanese.
since when japanese is not consider as asian??
and yet a few of you jump to a conclusion right away that i m not japanese hahah
as a matter of fact i m both chinese and japanese...those who know about me and has my msn would probably know that
my dad is chinese and my mom is japanese
and yes i know both japanese and chinese
i find it funny that a british dude is telling a japanese guy that his language is wrong...lol....this is rather rude...

you thought you knew about japanese but from what i can tell you just know the very basic stuff and you still got a lot to learn
first "jinkon da" = 時間た (i guess you dont know how to type jap probably)
it means 夠鐘 (chinese) or "time is up" in english...or to an extend "its time" would work too depends on how you use it and what your intention is...
like i said before you can not translate japanese and chinese word for word into english cuz most of the time they dont sound right or partially altered the meaning
japanese and chinese phrases mean a lot more than they appear therefore you cannot really translate word for word into english
we normally use キタ=来たto mean something like 嚟啦(in chinese) or come, came or arrive or soemthing similar in english...
時間 (in both chinese and jap) means "time"
時間嚟啦=係時候啦=時間は来た
in english its more like "the time has come", "time is here", "its time", "time came", "the moment is here", "the moment has arrived" (yes sometimes it does sound weird) there is a lot of ways of interrepting this and they all mean more or less the same thing....
same with japanese there is a lot of ways of writing it too but i can tell you my way is not wrong...
if you say "it would be better if you put it like this.....or try to choose a better phrase" i would more likely to accept your comment....
but telling me to learn proper japanese is rather rude and stupid
i know you are trying to be smart and this and that, but really in this case it doesnt make you look smart at all or in fact rather stupid...
tho i dont blame you for your lack of knowledge in japanese so you probably miss out the true meaning of it
i dont really want to discuss this any further so please drop it
even my friends (yes they are jap too) didnt really see a problem so why do you care?

i know this is really off topic and i m sorry for this long post
my reason to post here is just to help broli with the competition
i really have no mean to start any flamewar or to make any enemies in here
so please focus back on the models instead

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom