Modeling Competition 5 - model your own Shonen Jump character (12/27/05 - 1/27/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
i've only just started my model >_> lets hope I can finish this one without any more 3dsmax corruptions (tho its already had one)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
As of tomorrow I am going to be out of town to North Carolina, so I don't think my entry will be done on time, sorry guys, but i'll still post it on the boards of course.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Got bored with the texturing and did the rig.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like it a lot Tek. Skin is really clean and it is really low poly.

Best answers
i dont think i am going to enter cuz i cant come up wiv a concept for some reason was gonna go with FMA style but meh tis lame

Best answers
Eclipse said:
As of tomorrow I am going to be out of town to North Carolina, so I don't think my entry will be done on time, sorry guys, but i'll still post it on the boards of course.

=(

damn :/

well, still looken foward to seeing your work, atleast now you can go however high poly you choose.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_> now i know for sure i wont make it in time,

my max just crashed out of the blue on me,

the recover save file it created was empty, and all 3 of my autosaves were magically all from when i accidentally collapsed the stack w/ turbosmooth+tesselate on >_>.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
>_> now i know for sure i wont make it in time,

my max just crashed out of the blue on me,

the recover save file it created was empty, and all 3 of my autosaves were magically all from when i accidentally collapsed the stack w/ turbosmooth+tesselate on >_>.
Ewww that sucks..

Anyways a SMALL update on this one.

still gotta finish the shoes and toes :)

Best answers
well that sounds familiar nuttzy -_- you should change the amount of saves to 9 at something like 30 seconds.
I like your entry so far teknik, you gunna give it any weapons?

Best answers
I think a big arsed pole or something would suit him :3.
Looks good, I think Im going to model then skin something right now for the sake of it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Someone should model neo. This is inspirational. It makes me want to learn to model. But i have a question: Do you have to be good at drawing to be a good modeller? I'm "good" but I'm nothing compared to some people here. (pardon the high self esteem)

Best answers
Naw, you don't need to know anything about drawing to be a good modeler, all you need to know is how to use the program and your set!

Best answers
the only advange to being a good drawer is most the time u studyed human atomn so u know the human build better then someone who has not taken art and u pick up modelling faster par say, but the main reason they think art is a big thing in modelling is the imagion side of it, sorry bout the bad spelling just woke up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
naw, i cant draw for ****, still im able to make decent models (right? >_>)
its just that when you draw its easier to see your mistakes etc than when u dont know the slightest thing of human anatomy.

Best answers
People who are good at drawing are more likly to have a better understanding of what something should look like in 3d, from more than one angle.

Not to say that people who can't draw, can't model.. thats not true by a long shot. IMO Modeling is all about patience, and dedication.

Being able to draw is a plus... but tbh anyone can learn to draw. Take growler for instance.. His first drawings were horrendous... But his latest ones are pretty spiffy.

Same with his modeling.

Its all stuff you can learn to do by sheer determination, and patience.

If you practice anything enough you can be good at it.

Best answers
Well here is our entry. This character has been mainly inspired by the anime/manga bleach, as you would’ve noticed. We decided not to name him yet seeing how we tried to implement him in the current bleach story. Basically this guy shows up at a scene where Ichigo is in trouble when he got back to earth. <o></o>
<o></o>
Ichigo is getting badly injured fighting this weird hollow with half a mask and who seems to have a Zanpaktou just like a shinigami. All what the hollow wanted was to destroy his target, being Ichigo, with no further explanation whatsoever. Could this be one of the creations Aizen talked about? Even his bankai had no effect on the weird hollow and Rukia had gotten beaten up before Ichigo started the fight.<o></o>

When the battle was nearing its end in the hollow’s favour and Ichigo having totally no effect whatsoever on the hollow. The hollow charged for one big attack to finish off Ichigo once and for all. The hollow started running towards him faster and faster and suddenly takes a high jump coming down with an insane power pressure that’s making the entire surrounding crack wanting to finish off Ichigo for good. Just about when the sword was going to land on Ichigo’s body, Ichigo closes his eyes and accepts defeat…<o></o>

?! What is happening? Why has nothing happened? When Ichigo opened his eyes he saw this red colored hair guy standing in front of him blocking the hollow’s attack on Ichigo with what at first sight seemed to be a Zanpaktou as well. The guy was barely having trouble blocking the attack seeing he was holding his Zanpaktou with just one hand. Ichigo immediately asked who he was, but got no response besides the following sentence...”You are pathetic Kurosaki Ichigo”. Ichigo wondered how this guy knew his name and who he actually was. Then this guy had a small speech with the hollow before preparing for his own attack. Ichigo, totally beaten up, noticed they used Aizen and Urahara in their sentences. Just before Ichigo was going to black out and the conversation between the hollow and this dude coming to an end this guy raised his sword in the air and brought it down…<o></o>

Well the next scene shows Ichigo waking up at Urahara’s place and getting his injuries treated. Urahara apologised he couldn’t make it to the scene in time. Meanwhile Ichigo explained what happened to him. but even Urahara himself never heard of such a guy. Urahara told Ichigo when they arrived they found the earth being split in two from where Ichigo laid. This attack seemed to resemble Ichigo’s own special attack that he used multiple times in the past. Only was the gap so big and deep it lengted almost a town.<o></o>
<o></o>

Well that’s where the “current” story ends and why we decided not to name him yet. Seeing you can’t see his face properly either. Well and now for the entry shots for this contest…

Modeling: broli
uv's/skinning/rigging: D-Boy

[Flats]

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/1687/flat8xu.jpg

[Wires]

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/4479/wires8vi.jpg

[3/4 Shot]

http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/8559/ortoshot3up.jpg

[Textures]

[Beauty renders]

Best answers
brolly ftw, really diggin the beauty renders you got there. thumbs up for d-boy as well

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i should have expected such good work from you broli =] i think some parts of the texture are quite sloppy though particularly the skin on the arms. but in general its all come together very well!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
0_o awesome broli, can you release it for jk3 ???? ._. looks hella tight man.

Best answers
TeKNiK said:
Ewww that sucks..

Anyways a SMALL update on this one.

still gotta finish the shoes and toes :)

his "scares the **** outta me" ness reminds me of zabuza for some reason, maybe its just me, looks great tho, u too broli, lookin good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom