Modeling Competition 5 - model your own Shonen Jump character (12/27/05 - 1/27/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
that would be nice @ laheen

Update -

XD i'm gonna be takin some polies out here pretty soon. most likly out of the hair.

Best answers
ok lets do this, at first it will be a public vote then the top (depends on how many entries we get, no more than three) will go on to the next round to be judged by the top three modelers, only any one in the comp cant be a judge ^__^

Best answers
It just makes it easier if everyon who knows what they're talking about to post who they vote for and why, rather than try to pick who is a top modeler.

Best answers
*bzz* wrong answer. (Directed at trss, not bile <3)

Noone can decide who is the top three modelers, not even a poll. It will be far easier to do what I and gir suggested, make it a public vote, but keep the votes moderated, so that only the proper votes make it. I.E. Have a good reason why they voted for their modeler they chose.

Best answers
i thought the elimination would be a good idea seein as this is kind of a tournament, any way i guess moderated votes is good to so lets go with that

Best answers
Yeh, also, maybe we should introduce a "if you have over 100 posts (or something like that) You can vote,this would stop people making new accounts, and voting for themselves, (Im not saying you guys do this, just saying it might happen <3).

Best answers
no i dont think so cuz some good people dont post that much, i mean look at Trowa he only has 85 posts

Best answers
lol iv been here for 2 years and i only have something like 200, offtopic FTW

could make it 50 posts

Best answers
ya ya ok, nut just incase im makin it 30, is that alright with everybody?

Best answers
fine by me

also u might wanna do it so if they regerter date is this month or next month of the comp their vote is vold

Best answers
hmmmmm can do, also im addin a character bio to the bonus incase anybody cares

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@laheen: sub forum has already been in discussion with the administration for a while. ill see what i can do.

as for the voting poll. theres an option which makes it not anonymous, which would be very useful to see who is voting, so we can tell if they are completely stupid or not.

Best answers
That, and you can check their IP. Cant you? Then 1 person from 1 IP, dosnt make 10 new accounts, and votes 10 times.

xP

Best answers
voting restrictions should be on registration date imo, or for people who we know have been around a while.

EDIT:
Here's an update of what i've been dorkin around with. with my noobtaculate skinning skills

lol his lower half of his body was rushed pretty bad, ill post a nice render ina bit for some crits if anyone hasm :X

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TRSS said:
i didnt know that shonen jump wasnt in england so forgive me for being american
It is, you can find it in modern bookshops like Borders. Just thought I ought to clear that up. As for the IP thing, people with DSL (like me) have a dynamic IP, not a static one, meaning an IP check is impossible for some users.

Best answers
well im entering this time round :fight:

my charcter is based on the series Naruto (big suprise) but is set about 50 years before present day Naruto,but i'll give my back story with my final entry cause its realy long to post here, anyway i think the polycount should be atleast 3k we not in the dark ages anymore im finding it hard follow with the detail i want to put on my model.Heres what i got so far im getting all the bases done so i can see how much i can spend on my details.

proberly looking for a skinner if anyones intrested

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
looks pretyt damn well to me shiro ;)
just somehow the feettips comming out to big in my opinion

Best answers
looken Good Shiro.

I agree 2.5k polies bites :X I had to rip out so much from my model its not funny.

Couldnt model his pockets on his vest, or his weapons >:/ and I dun feel like takin any more polies out of him to add those.

I'm thinken about just modeling him up the way I want [proly around 4-5k polies]

I hate low poly :X

Best answers
Then you should've made a lower poly head. now the body's paying for it.
When you're working on a retail game and there's a polylimit you can't just say, ah heck, 2k more dun matter >_>.

stick with the polycount -_-...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
who wantsto make / can / has a concept for me for what i can model of ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom