Modeling Competition 5 - model your own Shonen Jump character (12/27/05 - 1/27/06)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
I agree with sadner, its not like people have already started voting so I don't see why you can't change how it'll be judged

Best answers
hhhmmmmmm ok mods will judge then, hooray!

Best answers
wasn't the last one supposed to be judged by mods, and we only had 2 >_>

Best answers
It dosnt HAVE to be by moderators, it could, be judged bye the ancient modelers around these parts, ones that know what edge loops are, know good and bad poly flow when they see it.

These contest's havent really been proper, its more or less like, "vote for your friend, not the best model/skin"

On seconds thought, we could just keep it as is now, but make the people who vote, POST and say WHY that voted for that person.

Also, I think there should actually be a prize involved in these contests, not just "Name the next contest", but possibly crowned "ESF Model Champ", make a announcement declaring that "so and so" won! Possibly get it posted on the esf news, "So and so won the contest, congrats to him!"

Put some Flavour back in these contests.

Best answers
Not be an ahole, but what tha hell do mods know about modeling? they'll look at a wireframe and be like "looks complicated". If you want judges you should get people like nuttzy,godgundamn, ned. hell, maybe even people from polycount for all I care.

Best answers
Most of the mods here have a decent knowledge of what a good poly flow looks like, or atleast what a bad one looks like.
I think the mods, and any experienced modeler oldbie's around here that arent in the competition. should vote

heres a small update =p

Best answers
<3 same face from itachi.

Looks alright, Id like to see it in smooth shaded, I hope you dont go over 2.5k trigons (hmm, Im calling tri's trigons now ;o) with that detail ;p.

More more <3.

Best answers
yeah I cleaned some polies outta itachi's face

Ill post a smoothie ina bit. Sofar his heads about 1k =] leaves about 1500 for the body.

edit :

ok here it is smoothied =p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sadner said:
Not be an ahole, but what tha hell do mods know about modeling? they'll look at a wireframe and be like "looks complicated". If you want judges you should get people like nuttzy,godgundamn, ned. hell, maybe even people from polycount for all I care.
*cough*

i think voting should be limited to people who are gonna post who they voted for, and why.

by all means keep it as a poll. but discount any votes which arent backed up by a post. the posts will also be monitored by myself, so any "i voted for it cos it looks cooler" even if its an inferior piece of work, will be filtered.

i know its important to judge something on style and flare. but its also a competition based on skill.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
k how about this
first u get a public voting thing the way Mad Ax described
than the 3 most respected/experienced modellers judge the polyflow and build and have the final say.. how does that sound? For example
TRSS won with 3 votes, if the 3 kings (them experienced guyz) would vote for tek it would be a tie and the 4th most respected modeller would break it.. imo this works out good... cuz i mean cmon not everyone is a modeller.. maybe in these part of the forums yeah.. lol... meh idk whaddya guys think?

Best answers
LaHeen said:
On seconds thought, we could just keep it as is now, but make the people who vote, POST and say WHY that voted for that person.

Also, I think there should actually be a prize involved in these contests, not just "Name the next contest", but possibly crowned "ESF Model Champ", make a announcement declaring that "so and so" won! Possibly get it posted on the esf news, "So and so won the contest, congrats to him!"

Put some Flavour back in these contests.
*cough*

I suggested it first =/.

Also, who is to decide who is the best modeler on these forums? We all know who have been modeling for a longer time, but who decides hmm? Also, if your suggesting trss is experienced in modeling... heh.

Tek should have won that contest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i agree that tek shouldve won, and im not calling TRSS experienced.
We decide the three best modellers by a quick and simple poll, by the time this comp ends the poll will end..

Best answers
Lol, well, I dunno. Most of use here are fairly good at modeling, though, I would have to say that wouldnt work though, people would just see it as, who models the best dbz models, or who please's them the most, it just would not work.

Best answers
I'd rather have it like axman said, doesn't need to be complicated just needs to stop people that have no idea what they're talking about to not vote =D

Best answers
Exactly, that would have made the previous contest have a much different outcome.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bile i love it you know what im entering can someone draw me up a lil o smth smth i would hate to do it myselfe ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
whoops....maybe delete that poll i made? o_O

Best answers
well me and trowa are still going though concepts and here is another i producted and its looking promising

Best answers
Hmmm, Gir, would you think it would be possible to get a sub-forum for contest entries? This thread always gets cluttered with entries, why not make a sub-forum where we/everyone can post their wips/entries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom