Best answers
Have you ever realised that compiling a map 1000x size takes 1000x times more time..... so that isn't a good idea :p
The map would be so big that you wouldn't see you're opponents anymore hehe :D

Anyway I think I'm going to make gero's lab or something.....

Post more ideas people :D that's why I started the topic anyway :D

Best answers
Actually, the world size stays the same....it's the players perspective of the world size that changes :) So it won't increase compile times based on that.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At that small of a size the issue would be texturing. Everyones $150+ (USD) video board would be showing a N64 level of expertise with texturing. :p

Best answers
Actualy the texturing fix is simple. I have taken the texutes and remade them to be smaller. like so, I take a texture and shrink it to 1/4 (64:64) then copy and paste to make a bigger texture (256:256) which in turn takes up much less patches. SIMPLE HuH!
Anyways in a couple days you will see how after i post some screens of the new Kami_Lookout map. which currently has a all time high of 707 r_speeds. the current one has around 2400.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think it would be cool to have maps the size of a planet.... who cares what the textures look like... :p

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
a map with the size of a planet....

08:00am starting game...
08:01am beginnig to search for the other characters....
10:00am still searching...
14:00pm ...searching....
18:00pm that makes no fun!

it would be TOOOOOOOOO big to play seriously...

Retired
Best answers
just incase yall missed the dev journal entry, i also made a night version of the cell arena, its nice challange. oh and im also working on a new namek.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no u would use the planet maps on mods like ms... not dm games

Combat-Hamster

C
Thats what i said =P

"No its right If u have your 128/128 texture and make the detail or picture what ever is in that Texture smaller and bigger with in its self.. like lets say you double the picture 12 times in that 1 drawing. The picture is still 128/128 texture but the detail comes out 1/12 that size the game doesnt see any difference and there is no need to resize the textures letting u stay with far fewer patches.. I do this alot it works =P"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah.. but... he... used bigger words!! yeah!!! that its!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom