Best answers
I would like to set up a mapping challenge

The person that can create the best rats map of a spaceship in one weeks hence will win. What do you win? Nothing :cry: you just get bragging rights that you are better then all those other mappers.:)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
is that a subtle way of asking for a rats map?

Best answers
if there is one thing I hate, it's gonna be working under time pressure!! ;(

Best answers
i cant imagine a spaceship 'rats' map being a good idea for esf. i think a normal sized spaceship would be good, and i'll be doing that for pfw, but not a rats one o_O

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something like mapping really shouldn't be made into a competition.
Mapping under time restraints is very uncomfortable.

If you want a rats map and no one wants to make one, you could always try to make one yourself. :p

Best answers
Originally posted by Evil_T@xi
if there is one thing I hate, it's gonna be working under time pressure!! ;(
ýoure right, i think the other mappers hate working under pressure, because i dont think if a mapper makes a map ( he is taking the time) its much better than a mapper should map under pressure

Best answers
it is stupid i think to do so, mapping takes time and you have to get inspiration or a good idea before you can really begin, or atleast with me it is like that, and other than that it is totally not fair because some mappers are already mapping for years while others just started mapping...why hold a contest you can see how good someone is when they post screenshots here you dont have to hold a contest for it it will only result in that you see who had the best idea not neccesarily the best mapping skills!!!

Best answers
he's right. so far i've only been mapping for 4 or 5 weeks but i can cook up a decent map in 1 or 2 days however that is coz i'm not under any pressure and i've got clear picture of my ideas. competitions or things that apply pressure will only disrupt my thought and distract more than anything else. but hey thanx for the spaceship idea. i'm gonna start a spaceship map in a while.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i like working under pressure... but if theres nothing to get for such a contest noone would have the motivation to make a map in one week...
i know that i had a good chance to win *gg* ... but im in final exams atm so im out if ther were a "really" contest.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see how you can like mapping under pressure, DJ.
I get nervous when I have to, I don't like it at all. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by DragonDude
Its because he is good and experienced ;).

Best answers
actually, im with DJ aswell. if i know ive got a deadline to beat, it gives me the motivation to get it done, instead of taking for ever to do one map cause you got all the time in the world.

Scruffie

S
Originally posted by DragonDude

Well, that's DJ for you. ;)

Best answers
Im making a rats map for the Neo Clan, however not a spaceship...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom