Best answers
hehe, I apologise for not reading the first thread

And what I ment with 'pixels are evil', is that in some parts u can just see the individual pixels stand out, and I hate those pixels, lol

But since your expressing a feeling, youre the only 1 who can judge if its done or not, and since u just said it is, GJ :)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From all these comments, I really want to see what this looks like!

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WOW! Guess this would be classified as Indy art? Now a wallpape, kinda dimensions you don't see alot. The play of colours is excellent, after reading Orion's post about the explosion not reaching the outer image yet, this picture actually has meaning! Love it!

Best answers
God that's good! I bet you put alot of work into it. Perfect ten from me.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's an awesome image! I like how you added to the bottom to fill it out.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Originally posted by Naz
FM when commenting, u could try to give a constructive comment instead of merely stating facts

I like the piece overall tim, allthough I ddo like the old part better, some of the airbrushing seems weird on the new one, and the light fx/shapes whatever u had just doesn't appeal to me as much as the old part did, also it looks a lot more proffesional without the text so good job on that

grtz Naz
die white boy lol

its umm long and hows screen is that long?o_O

no ones :S

Best answers
not supposed to be a wallpaper. its a indy art image, it doesnt matter how big or long it is...

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
----

It speaks for itself. It repersents Hotdogs. The length is the height of hotdogs, and see the text? Well it means that hotdogs are light to pick up. And the shiny colors repersent how eating hotdogs starts war? Understand. Why? Cause I said so.

Light-scream wanted this up.

Hsu: This is not needed.

Best answers
I've always wondered about that "indy art" tag. I mean what, really, is indy art? By definition it is independent art, so by that logic isn't everything (except that portion of the art world with financial backing) "indy art?" Just something to think about.

I like most of it. Visually it's very interesting. And to anyone who has asked what I mean when I say art should have purpose, here is a solid example. Tim can explain in a few sentences what he wants this to say. I think much of the color is fine, but I do agree that in some cases it's a bit harsh. There is a very nice contrast with the straight panelled lines and the curves throughout. I have a few issues though. First, which is really no ones fault, the size is kind of awkward on a regular monitor. That's not a good or a bad thing, it's just that I don't think any of us can get a real look at the work because we can't see the whole thing at one time at full size. Other that printing it out (which will compromise your work already with color-balances), I can't get complete perspective on it. My second issue is with the text. I don't necessarily think that you need the text in the piece. Since this isn't a piece focused on text, to put some there simply to state the title and url seems unnecessary. This is one of the few cases where I think that a small bar at the bottom with the simple information may serve the work better. If you are hell bent on keeping the text, I think you'd be better off making the entire "V2" fade as opposed to just the V. The way it rams up against "exploding aura" is visually uncomfortable. With the URL I would suggest either aligning it with the title and making it the same width as the title line or changing the width/alignment more to emphasize the difference. The last thing is that small boxy graphic thing you've got goin in the upper right quadrant. I think it's too white. All I can say is fiddle with it, you've got a good eye, you'll know what looks right.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i think its too long but it looks pritty good

Best answers
Thanks domino, but its finished, I choose not to edit it anymore..its been a few weeks ... lol..

Indy art is like misc. art..I dunno who came up with it, but oh well..

If you have winxp..theres an option which can allow you to view it all at once..I don't know what it is, but if you have internet explorer and the image is too large for your current resolution, winxp will compensate and allow you to view the image fully...I am not sure how good this is tho ;/

And the text, I was going to take it out, but decided not to because I just did. I don't know lol...

Best answers
Yes you can view the whole image, but you can't see any detail that way, not as the work was intended to be seen. It's just one of those limitations to the digital medium.

Best answers
there is some thing about the main area that bugs me, its chaotic but in the wrong way, if i can think of a way to describe it ill let you know. "might be the purple...."

Still its not bad, but Ive seen much better from you :devgrin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom