ESF Release Schedule - Important

Which option would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
So basically you're saying if the team should release it now but it shouldn't be half assed and you're also saying new people shouldn't have a chance in hell at playing this game?

If you had bothered to read you would see that there is no intention of releasing this mod with a single bug.
And I'm glad you aren't in on the melee discussion because it should be user friendly so everyone has a chance
That and also the fact that peoples hands don't hurt after using it for a while, when they are flying. I could see they solved that in the beta, so cheers. :smile:

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Wait...someone here was actually comparing the NNK release with 1.3 ? Lold.

1.3 has been worked on for much much longer than NNK not to mention it probably had more people working on it than NNK (and yes I do know the ESF Team are also the team behind NNK ).

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I like how you assume who is, and is not a 'pro' tester... just throwing that out there. My guess is you simply judge the blue name by post count.. seems to be the only 'logical' way to go about it.

Now to make my post not look like a total '****' thing... the poll results don't matter, you wouldn't have found the answer even if you read all 55 previous pages, this was to see how the public felt about it, and because of an 'issue', it has only managed to further split the community in regards to the poll.

With that said, the team will still decide, regardless as to what the result of the poll is, what it is that they want to do in terms of a phased release or not. Everyone will just have to 'make your time'. Hope the second part answered any question you may have had towards the result of the past 55 pages.
The **** do I care about postcount? Lmao get your facts straight I have seen these guys in action.. I know the players that quit ESF long ago can't be compared to the ones playing in 2007-8 when people took it to extremes. If the poll results or posts don't matter why is the thread still opened then? If you don't give a **** you don't need this opened. Nevertheless I think the thread, as you said, might be open to hear out what people say .. meaning the poll results aren't completely ignored.

So basically you're saying if the team should release it now but it shouldn't be half assed and you're also saying new people shouldn't have a chance in hell at playing this game?

If you had bothered to read you would see that there is no intention of releasing this mod with a single bug.
And I'm glad you aren't in on the melee discussion because it should be user friendly so everyone has a chance
Now if you read my post you would understand that I said we have waited long enough, so if you release then release it properly .. in other words "take your time and finish it"

Well I read the first couple of pages, where they said it would be good with a bugfixer patch. So I took what I had in my artillery and threw it out here.

The reason why we even have players today in 1.2.3b is because of the hard melee system we have. Make sure it isn't super noobfriendly .. maybe a bit easier than 1.2.3b ... but I don't want to see that a guy who just started being able to get 2-10 on a guy who played intensively for a year because something made it too friendly for him. If you ask the remaining ESF players today.. THAT ACTUALLY PLAY you will see that the majority will without a doubt agree ... people on the forum can talk all they want.. but they ain't even playing.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I never said a noob should be able to smash a server I just said they have to have a chance. You'll never get new players if you intimidate them and make them hate playing the second they go online

There has to be balance between new and "professional"

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
I never said a noob should be able to smash a server I just said they have to have a chance. You'll never get new players if you intimidate them and make them hate playing the second they go online

There has to be balance between new and "professional"
Ah well I'm gonna miss that... To be honest it was fun because:

The ones who were smashed around and LIKED it were the ones with future potential.. People saying: I want to be like him, and I want to kickass like him ... instead of constantly attempting to beam, blame him for hacking and whine... out of personal experience it has been good excluding them like that and the ones interested you can give them the duel server passwords... many of them fought hard some with success and others with fail .. but I doubt the complainers would reach far (Not saying they can't)

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Shadi the melee is basically 3 types of 1.2.3s simple melee.

And the whole rock paper scissors design adds a new level of tactics to the game. Observing your opponent, pretty much reading his habits of what he will use and counter it, while on the noob side they have a 1 in a 3 chance to get a head on or a counter.

It gives new people a slight luck factor that wont leave them in the server getting their ass handed to them. This should also be better for the pros, since angle hits are still there and can be used, but are made exponentially harder to pull off.

With the added speed you should realize, that ESF will be really chaotic even in 1 vs 1 fight adding even more requirement on peoples reactions than 1.2.3 does.

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah well I'm gonna miss that... To be honest it was fun because:

The ones who were smashed around and LIKED it were the ones with future potential.. People saying: I want to be like him, and I want to kickass like him ... instead of constantly attempting to beam, blame him for hacking and whine... out of personal experience it has been good excluding them like that and the ones interested you can give them the duel server passwords... many of them fought hard some with success and others with fail .. but I doubt the complainers would reach far (Not saying they can't)
Generally, new players want to have fun playing a game. Having someone coming in and kicking their ass just because he plays the game more often than them ruins that fun experience.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Shadi the melee is basically 3 types of 1.2.3s simple melee.

And the whole rock paper scissors design adds a new level of tactics to the game. Observing your opponent, pretty much reading his habits of what he will use and counter it, while on the noob side they have a 1 in a 3 chance to get a head on or a counter.

It gives new people a slight luck factor that wont leave them in the server getting their ass handed to them. This should also be better for the pros, since angle hits are still there and can be used, but are made exponentially harder to pull off.

With the added speed you should realize, that ESF will be really chaotic even in 1 vs 1 fight adding even more requirement on peoples reactions than 1.2.3 does.
But the few headons a noob can do to a pro now have no significance.. .meaning it's not like cs where people can receive a lucky headshot on a guy 100 times better than him... (well I suppose a beam can..) but not in melee if the pro is focused on the noob... but your post seems interesting, thanks!

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
So if understand correctly, death is inevitable in ESF: Final, even if you're pro: there are no rounds, so you'd respawn with full health after time is up; there's no health regeneration; noobs now have a chance for lucky hits. So even if you're a ******* pro, you're still gonna die after getting a few kills. In 1.2.3 it was fine without rounds and regeneration because noobs didn't have a chance against pros, but now it's noob-friendly? TBH that's not the way to go. Most of the competetive multiplayer games have this solved, be it through rounds, health regeneration, health pick-ups or something else.

I mean... **** this ****, I hate dying. So much that I just go and become decent in games so I wouldn't die. But it's impossible in ESFF? Great.

Last edited:
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you talking about? Death was inevitable in all of the previous releases, too.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you talking about? Death was inevitable in all of the previous releases, too.
Not in 1.2.3 if you're pro against a noob... Didn't you read my post? In 1.2.3 you can win 10-0 and still have 100% health if the opponent is much worse than you.

Last edited:
Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Not in 1.2.3 if you're pro against a noob... Didn't you read my post? In 1.2.3 you can win 10-0 and still have 100% health if the opponent is much worse than you.
Touchรฉ

And in public you could 200-0 with buu... 40-1 with Goku .. and that's only being a medium-skilled player...

Wannabe Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
So your saying you don't like noob's getting a chance to be better at the game? By the way your saying it, it sounds like you don't even want us to have a chance, which in my opinion is silly.

I don't consider dying 400 times a good way to learn the game.. It needs to be easy to learn and hard to master, not hard to learn and nigh impossible to master..

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
So your saying you don't like noob's getting a chance to be better at the game? By the way your saying it, it sounds like you don't even want us to have a chance, which in my opinion is silly.
I don't want noobs to have any chance at all against pros. If you're retarded enough (IF!) to ragequit the game once a pro beats the crap out of you, then it's your problem. I can't settle with the idea that the devs are considering to make the game noob-friendly only because of such people.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers

I don't consider dying 400 times a good way to learn the game.. It needs to be easy to learn and hard to master, not hard to learn and nigh impossible to master..
That's the good way I learnt it, and I became #4 in EU at some point .. BECAUSE I got my ass kicked several times 10-0 .. By ONLY playing people I had absolutely no chance against I learnt... because if it works on a pro .. it has a chance to work on everyone.. do remember everybody differs with styles but I used to duel 5 different pros whenever I had the chance to... even when I was completely new .. so your argument is invalid. ESF is easy to learn if you really want to learn it.. first make one teach you angle, teleangle, teleswoop and the normal controls, then play a week and they will already somehow be in your muscle memory.. develop a style from there..

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't want noobs to have any chance at all against pros. If you're retarded enough (IF!) to ragequit the game once a pro beats the crap out of you, then it's your problem. I can't settle with the idea that the devs are considering to make the game noob-friendly only because of such people.
You are saying you want to kill the game playing community for the sake of only having good people?

Cause thats what 1.2.3 suffered from.

Besides you can still anglehit. It just wont be easy. Meaning you will have to actually earn the pro title. Unlike in 1.2 where you became a semi pro just by reading the manual.

Besides there are various other aspects to master. Teleports are far more important now than they were in 1.2 (as raven so nicely demonstrates every time he kicks my ass) The old teleport + recharge routine wont get you far. There are other skills with teleport involved now.

Not to mention KI + Stamina management

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
You are saying you want to kill the game playing community for the sake of only having good people?

Cause thats what 1.2.3 suffered from.

Besides you can still anglehit. It just wont be easy. Meaning you will have to actually earn the pro title. Unlike in 1.2 where you became a semi pro just by reading the manual.

Besides there are various other aspects to master. Teleports are far more important now than they were in 1.2 (as raven so nicely demonstrates every time he kicks my ass) The old teleport + recharge routine wont get you far. There are other skills with teleport involved now.

Not to mention KI + Stamina management
Stamina? :/

Reading the manual got you nowhere before... so I hope you mean it's even harder now.. even though I don't like the sound of Stamina .. however even harder angles and more focus to which moves you use when and when to teleport sounds fun enough.. i just hope there isn't too much strategy because in 1.2.3 you didn't always have time to think...

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Stamina? :/

Reading the manual got you nowhere before... so I hope you mean it's even harder now.. even though I don't like the sound of Stamina .. however even harder angles and more focus to which moves you use when and when to teleport sounds fun enough.. i just hope there isn't too much strategy because in 1.2.3 you didn't always have time to think...
Have you even watched the ESFF Melee video?

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
Have you even watched the ESFF Melee video?
Yeh I have ... even though that was a long time ago .. at least I've seen one video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom