Status
Not open for further replies.
Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I just hate having to recharge after doing a couple of swoops. I get that it adds to the gameplay, but dammit its no fun at all! You'd think Dbz people would have a much higher energy reserve. >.>

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I just hate having to recharge after doing a couple of swoops. I get that it adds to the gameplay, but dammit its no fun at all! You'd think Dbz people would have a much higher energy reserve. >.>
Amen to that.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
And even with that most hits are only made when the other person is recharging.

So imagine this. You fly round missing for 5 minutes and get 1 hit in when the other guy recharges. Then repeat.

Thats why swoop uses so much KI.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
We can understand the reasoning behind it ( gameplay balance ) . We're just saying it feels weird lol.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You fly round missing for 5 minutes and get 1 hit in when the other guy recharges.
So then find a way to make it so that that isn't the case. =/

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
The **** do I care about postcount? Lmao get your facts straight I have seen these guys in action..

If the poll results or posts don't matter why is the thread still opened then? If you don't give a **** you don't need this opened. Nevertheless I think the thread, as you said, might be open to hear out what people say .. meaning the poll results aren't completely ignored.
You quite clearly slumped all current testers (save the few mentioned by name) as being noobs who were quite horrible at the game in general. I'm wondering how you got your 'facts' together to make such an assumption. Because you quite clearly judged all other BT's in that same post, so the only, again, 'logical' guess one could make is that you saw a blue name, looked at post count and decided based on that how long/good a tester has been around/how good at the game he was.

If you would have read the topic (which, I had kindly saved you the trouble of before you attempted to 'e-attack' me), you would see it stated by the devs that this was just to see what the community, wanted and that they would always decide what to do based on what they wanted to do, not how the community felt.

Swag
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
You quite clearly slumped all current testers (save the few mentioned by name) as being noobs who were quite horrible at the game in general. I'm wondering how you got your 'facts' together to make such an assumption. Because you quite clearly judged all other BT's in that same post, so the only, again, 'logical' guess one could make is that you saw a blue name, looked at post count and decided based on that how long/good a tester has been around/how good at the game he was.

If you would have read the topic (which, I had kindly saved you the trouble of before you attempted to 'e-attack' me), you would see it stated by the devs that this was just to see what the community, wanted and that they would always decide what to do based on what they wanted to do, not how the community felt.
I said I had seen those 3 players I mentioned in ******* action... I want the game to be judged from a pro's verdict and perspective too (ones that know what veteran melee-executors love and like) and not just this "noob friendly" thing.. because they tend to see what happens once you take it to the extremes... these guys have played since 1.1 so they kinda know where bugs occur. I don't give a single crap about post count .. I barely look at that crap lol

And about the devs ... he made this thread for what reason if he didn't want to hear what people wanted? For his own damn satisfaction? like "oh look they want this.. but that doesn't change anything let's continue what we do" It's to see if it's worth considering doing another way... if not then shoot me in the foot this thread has been useless to make and the 50 pages have been useless as well.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I like the elitism in here it's just like in every game that has a multiplayer. The pros always go something like: "No I'm the pro around here! I wanna keep beating people up senselessly and earn ridiculous scores with little to no deaths using a broken system that makes me impervious to any sort of attempt at fighting back! I don't want noobs to actually fight back!" ... predictable yet so priceless.

Let me tell you a story about ESF 1.2.3. I connected to a random server and there was a guy there playing a character doesn't matter which, I think he was a Goku ,but a character that was not from GT AF or any sort of stupid expansions with op chars. I rolled with Vegeta as usual and I started fighting him. But I found out he wasn't a pushover. I used the QTE melee system on him, he fought back using the same, we clashed in all the combinations possible we even beam struggled once, I killed him a few time he killed me a few more. So we were actually pretty equal considering how things were going and it also so happened that neither of us were using that bug/broken thing that let's you get hit when you're rolling (like Shaolin monks we struck swift and hard, but we only struck once) . Those were the best 30 minutes I had with this game. Keep in mind that this was a completely random encounter I didn't know the guy he didn't know me, we were in a pub server. Then a pro connected and ... well he didn't even spawn properly as he immediately started destroying us. If he managed to kick you once then he would never stop doing it because of that broken system and you could do nothing but die. So he blasted the fiddle out of us, the guy I was fighting earlier was something like f it and quit the game because that guy managed to out-score us in just a few minutes and he never died cause you could never catch that b and even if you did catch him he was always, always dodging every attack from every angle in the qte-s and for some reason all his attacks were coming in multi-directions so you always had to guess where he would hit and that happened rarely. So yeah I did like the first guy later, disconnected... and then my game crashed. Nah that last part actually didn't happen but my point is: The game is not fun if all you do in a server is get your a**e kicked because you will actually never learn to play that game if that constantly happens to you, especially when there are few players in the game like now. You wanna know why? Because in order to learn you need the noobs to practice on them. Yeah, what a shocker, heh? What you think a pro is gonna show you how to beat him like a rug? Maybe he will tell you, maybe he will even demonstrate it to you, but he's not in any way shape or form gonna let you do it to him, ever.

So in ESF 1.3 I am actually looking forward to more of the 30 minutes I had with the first guy rather then the 10 minutes I had with the pro. Because at least with the first guy I actually learned a couple of tricks or so and I felt like it was a really good DBZ style fight between Vegeta and Goku, or whatever the hell he was playing and the best part: we had fun doing it, you know like you should have in games even if they are hard (example of such a game: Tribes Ascend, really hard but also really fun). The second fight felt like ultimate form Frieza (only in this game he was moving so fast as if his a**e was on fire) vs Vegeta and we all know how that fight finished for Vegeta now don't we and let me tell you that was no fun to watch at all.

And pros if you are so worried about ESF getting easier or whatever, just wait for the expansion ESF CX(and all those other nonsense acronyms) for the 1.3, level up your gokus or brolys or whatever to I dunno SSJ 9000 and play those because as far as I saw those are pretty unstoppable in the current ESF Cblargh.

Last edited:
Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
This man speaks the truth.

Like a Boss? :O
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
@Shadi Then you may as well pull out your gun and pick which toe you want to lose. This was simply to see what the community wanted. The team was still going to do their own thing.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the elitism in here it's just like in every game that has a multiplayer. The pros always go something like: "No I'm the pro around here! I wanna keep beating people up senselessly and earn ridiculous scores with little to no deaths using a broken system that makes me impervious to any sort of attempt at fighting back! I don't want noobs to actually fight back!" ... predictable yet so priceless.

Let me tell you a story about ESF 1.2.3. I connected to a random server and there was a guy there playing a character doesn't matter which, I think he was a Goku ,but a character that was not from GT AF or any sort of stupid expansions with op chars. I rolled with Vegeta as usual and I started fighting him. But I found out he wasn't a pushover. I used the QTE melee system on him, he fought back using the same, we clashed in all the combinations possible we even beam struggled once, I killed him a few time he killed me a few more. So we were actually pretty equal considering how things were going and it also so happened that neither of us were using that bug/broken thing that let's you get hit when you're rolling (like Shaolin monks we struck swift and hard, but we only struck once) . Those were the best 30 minutes I had with this game. Keep in mind that this was a completely random encounter I didn't know the guy he didn't know me, we were in a pub server. Then a pro connected and ... well he didn't even spawn properly as he immediately started destroying us. If he managed to kick you once then he would never stop doing it because of that broken system and you could do nothing but die. So he blasted the fiddle out of us, the guy I was fighting earlier was something like f it and quit the game because that guy managed to out-score us in just a few minutes and he never died cause you could never catch that b and even if you did catch him he was always, always dodging every attack from every angle in the qte-s and for some reason all his attacks were coming in multi-directions so you always had to guess where he would hit and that happened rarely. So yeah I did like the first guy later, disconnected... and then my game crashed. Nah that last part actually didn't happen but my point is: The game is not fun if all you do in a server is get your a**e kicked because you will actually never learn to play that game if that constantly happens to you, especially when there are few players in the game like now. You wanna know why? Because in order to learn you need the noobs to practice on them. Yeah, what a shocker, heh? What you think a pro is gonna show you how to beat him like a rug? Maybe he will tell you, maybe he will even demonstrate it to you, but he's not in any way shape or form gonna let you do it to him, ever.

So in ESF 1.3 I am actually looking forward to more of the 30 minutes I had with the first guy rather then the 10 minutes I had with the pro. Because at least with the first guy I actually learned a couple of tricks or so and I felt like it was a really good DBZ style fight between Vegeta and Goku, or whatever the hell he was playing and the best part: we had fun doing it, you know like you should have in games even if they are hard (example of such a game: Tribes Ascend, really hard but also really fun). The second fight felt like ultimate form Frieza (only in this game he was moving so fast as if his a**e was on fire) vs Vegeta and we all know how that fight finished for Vegeta now don't we and let me tell you that was no fun to watch at all.

And pros if you are so worried about ESF getting easier or whatever, just wait for the expansion ESF CX(and all those other nonsense acronyms) for the 1.3, level up your gokus or brolys or whatever to I dunno SSJ 9000 and play those because as far as I saw those are pretty unstoppable in the current ESF Cblargh.
That was beautiful. :cry:

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
TBH I doubt that the only reason there are so few remaining ESF players is because the game's too hard or that they're getting obliterated by decent players. The graphics, models, etc. are kinda outdated and while the gameplay is not totally bad, some may not find it enjoyable enough. With ESFF, it should be different because it has great graphics, models, effects, maps, GAMEPLAY. Even if people got their ass kicked, they should still be coming back because the game looks nice.

Or get Raven to make a Steam ID-based level system and a server-side CVAR to control of which level players can connect. Just don't, DON'T make noobs have a chance against pros. 1 on 1, that is, I don't mind pros having a hard time against gangbanging.

Obviously long-time ESF players who actually took the time to master the game to some extent want some attention to what they have to say. But apparently noobs are taking over!

Cool story, bro. You met a pro, got ass kicked and then ragequit. How sad.

So go and play against players of your level. Get some friends, host a server and play with them. Just don't cry when you join a public server and find players 10 times better than you there.

That's an insult, because pros don't play such crap, or at least don't prefer it to vanilla ESF.

BTW I don't consider myself a pro or anything. I don't have a problem destroying noobs, though.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
@Shadi Then you may as well pull out your gun and pick which toe you want to lose. This was simply to see what the community wanted. The team was still going to do their own thing.
Not quite. This is to help us in the making of the decision. We dont have any obligation to follow it though, but it will probably have some input when we are discussing it.

Again we have not made up our mind about it. We can go either way with no really problems.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Obviously long-time ESF players who actually took the time to master the game to some extent want some attention to what they have to say. But apparently noobs are taking over!
Oh hi there typical elitist pro how you doing? You doing good? I'm doing fantastic. I hope you're doing fantastic too... aaah so predictable yet so priceless

I like the part where you missed the point, but I suppose having fun for you means something else. In this case I'll be a gentleman and agree to disagree.

So go and play against players of your level. Get some friends, host a server and play with them. Just don't cry when you join a public server and find players 10 times better than you there.
Let's see there are few players for this game. Where I live, and where I learn there is nobody playing this game. Also most of my friends aren't gamers and the ones that are play LoL, HON, DOTA etc.

That's an insult, because pros don't play such crap, or at least don't prefer it to vanilla ESF.
Well at least for this one I can applaud you. Cheers mate;):D:smile:

Gah, get Raven to make a Steam ID-based level system and a server-side CVAR to control of which level players can connect. Just don't, DON'T make noobs have a chance against pros.
I repeat few players. Might as well make nobody connect and get bots to beat me up. Oh and wasn't there an unwritten rule that If you're a pro and know what you're doing you can't be humiliated by a noob. Caught by surprise, maybe but never beaten. Why so afraid?

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I like the part where you missed the point, but I suppose having fun for you means something else. In this case I'll be a gentleman and agree to disagree.
I didn't miss the point, I just simply don't care about your story.

Let's see there are few players for this game. Where I live, and where I learn there is nobody playing this game. Also most of my friends aren't gamers and the ones that are play LoL, HON, DOTA etc.
I was talking about the upcoming ESF, because obviously you're gonna have a hard time doing what I suggested in 1.2.3.

Oh and wasn't there an unwritten rule that If you're a pro and know what you're doing you can't be humiliated by a noob. Caught by surprise, maybe but never beaten. Why so afraid?
I'm afraid that the game itself will work the way that it will be impossible for pros to never be humiliated by noobs.

Dudemeister
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
hleV, this might seem strange and unthinkable, but the main reason ESF isn't being played as much is because of the huge difference between people who play the game on a daily basis and those that don't. Graphics have nothing to do with that. If someone doesn't have FUN playing a game, no matter how pretty it looks, they won't play it anymore.
Just look at NNK. It looks awesome, but it's rather unplayable.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I didn't miss the point, I just simply don't care about your story.

I was talking about the upcoming ESF, because obviously you're gonna have a hard time doing what I suggested in 1.2.3.

I'm afraid that the game itself will work the way that it will be impossible for pros to never be humiliated by noobs.
Then shouldn't all be fine and dandy? Again why the concerns? Make me understand dammit!

Anyway in case I didn't make myself clear enough: I'm not hoping a person that barely started the game to be able to beat you. Hell he can't. You can charge him from the front, teleport just before you hit him and then hit him from behind. What I'm hoping to see abolished are the following things: The fact that your fingers will hurt if you do to much flying, dunno about you but clicking twice a button really fast also while being under pressure can cause some mild pain to the fingers, never a good thing no matter how you put it, and the fact that you can't defend yourself in any way once you get hit. Simple.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree that the current learning curve does not help new players. Whilst it makes sense for better players to have a upper hand, right now, it's very easy for someone to destroy someone slightly worse than them. Final hopes to make things more intuitive, so it's easier for new players to figure things out and how to play, whilst offering good players the freedom to play as they wish.

Judge. Jury. Executioner
๐Ÿ‘ฎ Moderator
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
TBH I doubt that the only reason there are so few remaining ESF players is because the game's too hard or that they're getting obliterated by decent players. The graphics, models, etc. are kinda outdated and while the gameplay is not totally bad, some may not find it enjoyable enough. With ESFF, it should be different because it has great graphics, models, effects, maps, GAMEPLAY. Even if people got their ass kicked, they should still be coming back because the game looks nice.
People play a game because it is fun, not just because it looks pretteh! Good gameplay never ages. See Counter-Strike.

Stop calling new players noobs, nub. There is a difference between toning down a game's features, and making it more accessible. People are supposed to get good PLAYING THE GAME. Not before it.

Taking advantages of non-intended gameplay functions does not make one a "pro". Ability usage should determine who is the better player, not internal knowledge.

So for playing a game, he has to break his head a thousand different ways just to get some amount of fun out of it? Yeah, that is exactly why we play games in the first place. `Games. Are. For. Fun. You don't need to sacrifice your sanity to get that.

BTW I don't consider myself a pro or anything. I don't have a problem destroying noobs, though.
There are no noobs, only people who haven't yet gotten good at the game and those who have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom