Beta 1.3 Outline Discussion Thread

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know the whole outline is for 1.3, but could I reccommend realseing this parts at a time. Like for 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 etc. And keep the big stuff for last (like extra transformations, game modes, captin ginyu)

Trans Scripts (pcJoe)
First of all, people will want to get used to the new transformation scripting system instead of just bieng introduced to it all at once. Maby something like a demo of it would be nice for just the first transformations.
Imporvement of kiblob
I know this is something verry simple and really doesn't need to be truly hidden
mp_plcatchup 2
Needed more than ever now. This wont be a major imporvement seeing as how many server admins dont even bother to edit a single cvar.
Attacks
Attacks like gohan's double beam and trunks flamethrower would be good to be realese in the next version instead of 1.3. Keep buu's body part and masoken under though. (these sound like really good attacks for fighting more transed characters)
Buddy System *This is assumeing you don't introduce 16 (which I hope)
Since 18 will only have 1 buddy for the buddy system, release those buddys so people can get used to how a buddy sytem works. Save Ginyu for later.
RedoPs/Stamina
I dont recommend realeaseing this until a month or 2 before 1.3 is done. Maby hold out on the stamina until 1.3, but definately realease the ps.

I am saying release these thigns slowly, is because I will give you a 100% that we will find bugs inside them. Not only will it give us peons something to do and look at (aka: not so much complaining about 1.3 release), but it will release new concepts to the mod gradually instead of something instant and drastic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MONXver2.0 said:
The buddy system?

omGADZ its gonna so pawn =p

ontopic: from what i remember from the powerstruggle outline harsens put, the beam will be divided into sections. if the top of the beam sections touch, it will rubberband into straight beams. if you hit the beam from the side, it will push it off to the side, but don't take my word EXACTLY k?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There already is a 1.2.3 and the team have said they're not making any more patches for 1.2. So I think its safe to say everythings not gonna come out till 1.3

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
Yeah I remember that thread.

Balance is one thing the team have tried to stick to throughout the mod, and in the end they've done a pretty decent job. Buu is only slightly overpowered and a few other characters are only slightly underpowered. I'm quite sure that in the end it'll be fair.
buu is only overpowered because of his starting PL, making his beams pretty strong. and he is pretty fast, since he was only the strongest character out of what you can select

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
KilledWithStyle said:
I know the whole outline is for 1.3, but could I reccommend realseing this parts at a time. Like for 1.2.3 and 1.2.4 etc. And keep the big stuff for last (like extra transformations, game modes, captin ginyu)

Trans Scripts (pcJoe)
First of all, people will want to get used to the new transformation scripting system instead of just bieng introduced to it all at once. Maby something like a demo of it would be nice for just the first transformations.
Imporvement of kiblob
I know this is something verry simple and really doesn't need to be truly hidden
mp_plcatchup 2
Needed more than ever now. This wont be a major imporvement seeing as how many server admins dont even bother to edit a single cvar.
Attacks
Attacks like gohan's double beam and trunks flamethrower would be good to be realese in the next version instead of 1.3. Keep buu's body part and masoken under though. (these sound like really good attacks for fighting more transed characters)
Buddy System *This is assumeing you don't introduce 16 (which I hope)
Since 18 will only have 1 buddy for the buddy system, release those buddys so people can get used to how a buddy sytem works. Save Ginyu for later.
RedoPs/Stamina
I dont recommend realeaseing this until a month or 2 before 1.3 is done. Maby hold out on the stamina until 1.3, but definately realease the ps.

I am saying release these thigns slowly, is because I will give you a 100% that we will find bugs inside them. Not only will it give us peons something to do and look at (aka: not so much complaining about 1.3 release), but it will release new concepts to the mod gradually instead of something instant and drastic.
I disagree with that, 1.2.x versions were just major fixes with the current versions that hindered gameplay, also, it kinda builds a bigger fanbase when there is a big major release planned and people are waiting for it. :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If Goku has a ssj2 and a ssj3, will his ssj2 match that of Vegeta, Trunks, and Gohan? Guess not, or even more people would pick Goku than now, being as the other saiyans would be able to match PL with him.

And perhaps, in addition to the buddy system for 18, she could start off as the 18 from the future and then trans into the 18 of the present, who, as Trunks exclaimed, is alot stronger.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LOOKIE LOOKIE LOOKIE LOOKIE

IM POSTING THINGS FROM THE FORCE PIT!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mmm.....it looks intresting, i only miss the good things in it........where is it.......i only see more crap that get's added.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
imkongkong said:
LOOKIE LOOKIE LOOKIE LOOKIE

IM POSTING THINGS FROM THE FORCE PIT!
congradulations you just got a warning for posting force pit content elsewhere

do not abuse the privileges of the force pit

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rocky87 said:
Logan I'm sorry to say but if you think the team is won't give Piccolo a similar boost to what Krillin gets then you're not very bright. Perhaps when 1.2 came out the team planned on giving Piccolo more transes but now that they have changed that it is obvious that they will balance him out so that he can battle a ssj3
My whole point in my last post was comparing piccolo's one transformation to Krillin's and Krillin has a better chance against higher transformations than Piccolo, so I was asking for them to balance piccolo out. I wasn't saying "Dur hur make piccolo just like krillin dar!"

You need to back off from the completely pointless insults. Next time, just clarify on what I meant before calling me "not very bright" :rolleyes:

Sonic Boyster said:
The team will rebalance and tweak everything before they finish this version, it wouldn't make sense if they put it out with unplayable characters. Some of the transformations are obviously based on the show, which is why Goku can go SSj3 and Vegeta can't. Yes this means when he goes SSj3 he can mop the ground with Vegeta, but that is to be expected. Besides, there'll be a few special balancing factors for those highest transformations, and note that some of them will be weaker than the present ones, like Frieza's transformations; I wouldn't expect all 4 to give him 1.5x Pl.

Some characters are just doomed to be underpowered in the end and two of them are Krillin and Piccolo. I hope they give Piccolo at least one more minor transformation before it's all said and done or speed him up at least, but if they don't, it wont stop people from being him, it'll just make him much harder to use against those upper tier characters. It looks better to knock out an SSj3 Goku with a UUSj Trunks than with another SSj3 Goku.
Ok good. I'm not a piccolo player but I know people who are so I was hoping Piccolo wouldn't be left behind. As for what you said about Frieza's transformations, I agree. I think perhaps all his forms will be 1.5x but his final form will be 2x so his final form isn't 1/2 SSJ3 so things will be balanced. After all, Goku and Frieza transform at the same PL rate in this version (1,000,000pl needed at the start) and goku gets 2x pl while Frieza can compete with Goku's stronger pl with his higer HP and death Ball. So I wouldn't be surprised if Frieza and Goku are neck and neck as far as power and balance goes.

And I disagree about Krillin. Krillin may not have anymore transformations but his speed will be far superior to everyone until they reach their final transformation (or so I hear). When Krillin transforms he'll have 6 million or more pl that will keep growing as he battles, so until everyone else finally reaches their final form, Krillin may get a PL strong enough to battle everyone and his speed will still be good enough.

Piccolo, however, does look doomed unless he's tweaked.

frsrblch said:
If Goku has a ssj2 and a ssj3, will his ssj2 match that of Vegeta, Trunks, and Gohan? Guess not, or even more people would pick Goku than now, being as the other saiyans would be able to match PL with him.

And perhaps, in addition to the buddy system for 18, she could start off as the 18 from the future and then trans into the 18 of the present, who, as Trunks exclaimed, is alot stronger.
Yes, SSJ3 Goku will definately have a higher PL than nearly everyone else, but I doubt the staff will allow him to be unstopable by other players. Take frieza and Buu. They too have many transformations so they could already stand a chance againt a SSJ3 goku. Everyone else looks doomed to them right now, but I'm sure the final forms of everyone else will have a decent pl and a good enough speed to tackle the powers of SSJ3 Goku, Kid Buu, and of course Final Form Frieza. So dont think Goku will be everyone's top pic. I for one am sticking to Frieza like glue.

I dont think 18 will have a transformation or else it would have been stated. Maybe the "buddy system" means the ability to switch places with your partner using the z key, so if you're Android 18, you can switch places with Android 17 if you're about to die and 17 will have full HP and the same pl and attacks and such. Thats just my guess.

However, this would cause 18 and Ginyu to be underpowered since they have no transformations at all (or so it seems) so we'll just have to wait and see whats in store for our beautiful android and our ambiguously homosexual captain. :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You may not have a trans, but you'd have two lives as long as you could keep switching, and for Ginyu it would technically be four lives (five if Jeice isn't left out) plus the abilities to change bodies and freeze time. I think Android 18 is worse off out of these, but as long as her and #17 start off with the highest PL, it should balance.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that 18 should at least get 16. And 20 and 19 would balance the # of characters with the ginyu force.

Technally 19 and 20 were stronger than the others, but thier flaw was they had to constantly absorb engergy which was thier downfall. And if you make it so 19 and 20 have to constantly hit the others to gain engergy, it would be even.

And, maby a third buddy system with Dabura, and the characters that tired to defend Bibidi's ship.
And a fourth. Tien, Yamchua, and Piccolo/Piccolo transed.
(these last 2 are just ideas, dont have to seriousally considder)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki said:
congradulations you just got a warning for posting force pit content elsewhere

do not abuse the privileges of the force pit
i have never even been in the force pit. harsens posted that in his dev a long time ago, i just saved the link. that warning is unjustified :S

EDIT: and if it IS against the rules to post stuff from the force pit (even if you didn't know it was force pit material) it should be stickied NOT to post force pit material, which would be might be hard to do for those who never been there, since they may not know the material inside the force pit

Best answers
mmm wish i could see what was in the force pit.. but the outline looks intereting.. i can't wait for it to be finished and have 1.3 come out..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the ModDB pics thread:

Logan289 said:
he DOES have a "tale." The "Tale" is when he went to namek, beat the **** out of people, and was killed by trunks after namek exploded. I'd go into further detail, but I wanted this spelling error to be short and sweet, yet long enough to make fun of it
Yeah...you can talk about pointless insults, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. :rolleyes:

The team isn't so stupid that they'll leave Piccolo behind and let everyone become bigger and better, they obviously have a special plan for him to help him to keep up. Whatever it is,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the Ginyu force, could you have it so that once you reach a certain PL, you trade off with the next strongest fighter in the Ginyu force, instead of any transformation. Eventually, you work your way up to Captain Ginyu, who, for balancing purposes, can somehow match a ssj2. Instead of having a PL multiplier for each switch, you could have a seperate base PL for each fighter. Any thoughts?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The buddy system is probably already worked out and decided upon, all we can do now is guess what they have in store for us.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think they're saving some surprises for release, Light Grenade for Piccolo for sure, maybe Demonfire/thunder (I assume that's what you mean) too. I think Light Grenade and Makosen (secondary fire for Masenko surely?) will give him enough variety in b1.3.

Best answers
Now i dont say this as a Vegeta fan, but Vegeta should have 3 transes, SSJ2 & Majin ARE NOT the same.

He was SSj2 BEFORE he became Majin, as you all very well know,

I mean, ESF team , lets be honest you invented (nice ones!)3 Transformations for a character who has none, Ginyu, this brings up the point for Piccolo&Krillin, they have only 1 trans...use your imagination, or just ask us for ideas! (eg, Piccolo can buff himself up and increase in size, make a somewhat Ultra Piccolo or something) Krillin however.....yeah i can see your point...thats...hard.

Also Gohan became Mystic, his latest transformation, is missing.

Imo, this is quite important, since transformations make the game. (and ofc the unique fighting system&powerstruggle)

I do know thats the transformations are not the only thing the team wants to change, but atleast consider this, since im not the only one who thinks it should be changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom